The Pakistan Hockey Federation is confident that their players won`t face any security issues during the cash-rich Hockey India League that started in New Delhi today.
The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has decided not to ban the eight players, including former captains Rehan Butt and Shakeel Abbasi, for playing in the rebel World Series Hockey (WSH) in India. Instead, heavy fines would be slapped on them so that they would be eligible for selection in Pakistan`s squad for London Olympics.
Sher-e-Punjab lead by captain Prabhjot Singh’s two goals defeated Pune Strykers 5-2 to lift the inaugural World Series Hockey on Monday here.
Union Sports Minister Ajay Maken, who was here to watch the final of the World Series Hockey, on Monday gave a thumbs-up to the tournament and called it the best- ever sporting event to be organised in India.
Pune Strykers came back from the dead to edge out Chandigarh Comets 7-6 via tie-break in a rousing semi-final of the inaugural World Series Hockey here on Sunday.
Sher-e-Punjab thrashed hosts Karnataka Lions 4-1 to sail into the final of the inaugural World Series Hockey on Sunday.
The multi-million dollar World Series Hockey (WSH) tournament could provide a much-needed boost to the sport in the country and make the national side a force to reckon with in the future, feels Pakistan hockey legend Shahbaz Ahmed.
He is disappointed not to get the opportunity to rub shoulders with his Indian counterparts in the ongoing World Series Hockey, but star Pakistan player Shakeel Abbasi on Saturday said that he risked his international career to play in the lucrative league since he wanted to pay respect to his commitment towards the organizers.
Chandigarh Comets are expected to hold a slight edge over Pune Strykers when the two teams clash in the second semifinal of the USD 2 million World Series Hockey tournament, at the MHA-Mahindra Stadium on Sunday.
To accommodate the home advantage factor for at least one of the qualifiers, the organisers of the Bridgestone World Series Hockey have rearranged the venues of the two semi-finals, to be held on Sunday.
Mumbai Marines torpedoed Chennai Cheetahs` semi final hopes with a comprehensive 4-1 victory in the final league encounter of the Bridgestone World Series Hockey at the MHA-Mahindra Stadium on Friday.
Pakistan dragflicker Shakeel Abbasi notched up a hattrick as Delhi Wizards eked out a thrilling 7-5 victory over Sher-E-Punjab in their last match of the World Series Hockey on Friday.
Simrandeep Randhawa came up with a brilliant hat-trick to help Pune Strykers snatch a thrilling 5-4 victory over Bhopal Badshahs.
With both sides having already qualified for the semi-finals, Chandigarh Comets` Gurjinder Singh scored four goals to help his side crush Karnataka Lions 6-1.
Hosts Chennai Cheetahs made an incredible comeback in the final quarter as they beat Delhi Wizards 6-4 to keep their hopes of making it to the semi-finals alive.
A last-minute goal by Robert Green helped local favourites Chandigarh Comets beat struggling Mumbai Marines 4-3 and assure themselves a semifinal berth in the World Series Hockey here on Wednesday.
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- DNA: Meet our highly trained surgical strike specialist 'Para Special Forces'
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- DNA: Analysis of terror launchpads and training organisations in PoK
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read
- Five reasons why Pakistan is denying India’s surgical strikes across LoC
- Nawaz Sharif condemns Indian aggression along LoC
- Pakistan postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out, new dates to be announced soon
- India carries out surgical strike across LoC: Updates
- Wait-listed? This new Railways policy will cheer you up - Must Read
- Full Details: How India's daredevil commandos hit inside Pakistan to avenge Uri