Five Tamil Nadu fishermen were arrested and their boat impounded by the Sri Lankan navy on Sunday for allegedly fishing in their territorial waters.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami will host the AIADMK's annual Iftaar function here on June 21, the party said on Saturday.
Unidentified miscreants hurled a petrol bomb at CPI(M) office in Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu in the wee hours on Saturday.
Two activists of a pro-Tamil fringe outfit on Friday caused a flutter when they came holding severed heads of cattle to a protest against the Centre's notification banning sale of cattle in animal markets for slaughter.
The Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs was scheduled to take part in couple of events in Chennai.
"Plastic rice has not been seized in any part of India. In Tamil Nadu, social media is creating rumors of plastic rice," Food and Civil Supplies Minister R Kamaraj said.
Nalini, an Indian, had accompanied the Sri Lankan woman suicide bomber who blew up Rajiv Gandhi with concealed explosives.
The DMK staged a walkout for the third consecutive day on Friday from the state assembly over the issue of alleged horse-trading of AIADMK MLAs.
DMK members had yesterday staged a noisy protest waving currency notes after their demand for a debate on the alleged horse-trading was disallowed.
Chief Minister K Palaniswamy had taken up the matter with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and sought his intervention to obtain the presidential assent for the bills.
After DMK members left, Congress Legislature Party Leader K R Ramasamy said their party too was walking out as the chair did not accord permission to raise the matter.
At a time when Tamil Nadu's ruling AIADMK is witnessing a bitter struggle for power between the O Panneerselvam and Edappadi Palaniswami led camps, one of its MLAs today said that the late former general secretary, J Jayalalithaa, was actually an incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) leader MK Stalin raised the issue of the 'Cash for Vote' MLA sting in the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Thursday for the second consecutive day.
Periyar University declared graduation and post-graduation Results 2017 on Thursday.
In the Assembly, Speaker P Dhanapal disallowed a discussion as sought by Stalin, saying the matter, based on a private TV channel's 'sting' operation, was sub-judice.
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) leader MK Stalin and several other MLAs of his party were evicted from Tamil Nadu assembly following a ruckus over an alleged 'cash for vote' sting operation on Wednesday.
The Tamil Nadu Assembly saw a huge showdown between the ruling All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) and the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) over the MLAs sting operation in today's session, which was earlier being expected to be crucial for paving the way for the rollout of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill on July 1.
A 19-year old woman paramedical student was found murdered in a lodge near Kumbakonam in the district, police said on Wednesday.
The action has been taken under the provisions of Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 (PMLA), the ED said.
Earlier in the day, Panneerselvam, leader of AIADMK's Puratchi Thalaivi Amma faction, said he had sought an explanation from SS Saravanan.
CPI Tamil Nadu unit on Monday strongly condemned the attack on State government officials by cow vigilantes in Rajasthan, and sought stern action against them.
Jayakumar, a senior leader of the AIADMK Amma faction, said their stand remained the same, which is to hold talks and merge the two groups.
The Tamil Nadu government on Monday announced an ex-gratia of Rs two lakh to the family of a fisherman who was killed in Kochi yesterday after a cargo ship hit the boat he was travelling in with some others.
Former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O Panneerselvam on Monday accused the ruling AIADMK faction of enacting a drama and said he was disbanding the merger negotiating team of his own group.
The Tamil Nadu government on Monday announced a Rs 56 crore package for farmers in Cauvery delta districts in the state to take up 'kuruvai' (short-term) paddy and pulses plantation.
This included supply of 12 hours of three phase power.
The Panneerselvam-led AIADMK faction has been demanding a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) into the death of of former chief minister J Jayalalithaa.
Puducherry BJP on Sunday urged the territorial government to ensure that financial assistance was extended to government school students alone to enable them to pursue higher education.
Jayalalithaa's niece J Deepa was not allowed to Poes Garden residence.
A city-bound Malaysian carrier flight with 141 passengers made an emergency landing at the airport here following a technical 'snag', airport officials said on Sunday.
MDMK chief and ex-lawmaker Vaiko, who arrived here after not being allowed to enter Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur to attend a marriage, claimed on Saturday that he was deported because he was considered "a security threat" by the Malaysian authorities due to his links with the LTTE.
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Indo-US drone deal cleared: Will it give India an edge over China, Pakistan?
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- Watch: Jamat-ud-Dawa terrorists pray for fellow militants in Lahore during Srinagar attack
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- 'India-US alliance to check China's rise will be catastrophic'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI