Vehicular traffic was on Thursday paralysed for nearly two hours on Coonoor-Mettupalayam road, as trees and boulders fell on the section following a landslip near Kallar here.
AIADMK (Amma) faction leader TTV Dhinakaran has been asked to furnish a personal bond of Rs five lakh.
Tamil Nadu Uniformed Service Recruitment Board (TNSURB) will declare TNUSRB Police Official Answer keys 2017 on Thursday.
CBI had filed an FIR against Karti and the Mukerjeas on charges of criminal conspiracy, cheating, receiving illegal gratification and criminal misconduct.
Fire service personnel on Thursday were still battling to douse the flames that has engulfed a multi-storied textile showroom - Chennai Silks - here, police said.
The BJP's state unit on Wednesday lashed out at the DMK for its criticism of the party-led government at the Centre on the issue of ban on sale of cattle for slaughter, and challenged it to hold a beef-eating protest as some other groups were doing.
A multi-storied textile showroom located in the busy T. Nagar locality here caught fire on Wednesday early morning.
Tamil Nadu's main opposition party DMK on Wednesday led a march to protest against the Centre's recent order banning the slaughter of cattle and their sale.
A Delhi Court on Tuesday is expected to decide on the bail plea of ousted All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader TTV Dinakaran, in the Election Commission bribery case.
In an another case of cow vigilantes running amok, an Indian Institute of Technology (Madras) PhD scholar was brutally thrashed by alleged right wing students for organising a 'Beef Fest' in the campus.
Karunanidhi will celebrate his 94th birthday and 60th year as a legislator this Saturday.
Palaniswami launched the work by removing silt, the first ever such exercise in the 83-year old history of the reservoir across the Cauvery river, using a spade.
Three people, including a woman, were burnt to death inside a car in Chennai's Mahabalipuram yesterday.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Saturday ruled out any reshuffle in the state Cabinet.
Last week, political parties in Tamil Nadu welcomed Rajinikanth's hints that he may join politics at an appropriate time but cautioned him that it may not be all that easy in public life.
DMK Tuticorin (South) District Secretary N Periasamy died at a private hospital here on Friday after a brief illness.
A vacation bench of Justices to file their replies within two weeks on the plea by Motor Vehicles and Allied Industries Association.
The AIADMK faction, led by Tamil Nadu's former Chief Minister O Panneerselvam, on Wednesday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi has agreed to participate in the birth centenary celebration of party founder and late Chief Minister MG Ramachandran (MGR).
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami on Wednesday urged the central government to urgently attend to nine issues related to the southern state.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswamy met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday and is understood to have discussed the political situation in the state in the wake of the split in the AIADMK following Jayalalithaa`s death.
A total of 4900 tonnes of rice will be supplied to over 3000 mosques.
Amid suspense over Tamil superstar Rajinikanth's future political move, BJP chief Amit Shah has said that his party's doors are open to all good persons who intend to join the saffron party.
Following the protest by Thamizhar Munetra Padai (TMP) against Rajinikanth's probable entry in politics, many supporters of the superstar took to the streets in Washermanpet to support him.
The superstar had recently said that he has now turned into a `true-Tamilian.`
The differences over the merger of two AIADMK factions on Sunday again came to fore, with Tamil Nadu Forest Minister Dindigul C Srinivasan accusing the O Pannerselvam camp of not coming forward for the unity talks.
"Though the ruling party (AIADMK Amma) has expressed willingness for coming together of the party, the Paneerselvam camp is not ready for talks," he told reporters here.
The activists of pro-Tamil outfits such as 'May 17 Movement' and Tamizhaga Vazhvurimai Katchi (TVK) were detained, police said.
"The major achievements of the government will be highlighted during the rallies, in which top National and State level party leaders and union ministers will participate," she told reporters here.
With an objective to serve the nation even after their retirement from the defence, the federation of ex - serviceman association in Tamil Nadu has come up with a campaign to highlight their skills and talents.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Aadhaar not valid for travel to Nepal, Bhutan: Home Ministry