Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman P J Kurien on Tuesday asked the government to talk to drought-hit farmers of Tamil Nadu to end their agitation for crop loan waiver.
Political parties and their top leaders used "innovative ways" to bribe voters in the RK Nagar Assembly constituency.
Some Tamil Nadu farmers, protesting at Jantar Mantar here for over three weeks demanding waiver of their loans, on Monday stripped outside the Prime Minister's Office after they were not allowed to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Following the cancellation of the by-polls in Chennai`s R.K. Nagar constituency, the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) on Monday demanded the dismissal of Edappadi K. Palaniswami-led Tamil Nadu Government and immediate action against the culprits.
The by-elections in RK Nagar became necessary after the death of former chief minister J Jayalalithaa, who represented it for two terms.
The Election Commission is likely to cancel the bypoll to the R K Nagar Assembly constituency in Tamil Nadu following reports that money was used to influence voters.
The incident took place around 2 pm in Chennai's Anna Salai area when the street was bustling with people.
The Election Commission officials said that 'Two Leaves' poll symbol has been frozen by it and hence no one had any claim over it.
A minor tribal girl in the district has been allegedly raped by a 21-year old labourer, who was arrested on Friday, police said.
If money distribution was allegedly happening, was it not a "fault" of the officials who did not prevent it? Dinakaran asked.
Income Tax Department officials on Friday recovered about Rs 4.5 crore from the residences of two persons close to Tamil Nadu Health Minister C. Vijayabaskar, said a senior official.
Tamil Nadu Health Minister C Vijayabasker is a prominent loyalist of AIADMK (Amma) faction's candidate TTV Dinakaran.
Income Tax sleuths today launched simultaneous searches at premises of Tamil Nadu Health Minister C Vijayabaskar and at least one MLA in connection with a tax evasion probe.
Income Tax Department officials on Friday raided Tamil Nadu Health Minister C. Vijayabaskar's residence here and premises of his associates, official said.
The OPS camp had demanded a CBI probe into the circumstances of Amma's sudden demise.
AIADMK's Sasikala faction on Thursday said the presence of Two Leaves symbol, frozen by the Election Commission ahead of the April 12 RK Nagar Assembly byelection, on its website was 'unnoticed' and would be removed.
All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam leader VK Sasikala, who is serving a four-year jail term in central prison Parappana Agahara after being convicted in a disproportionate assets case, has met visitors 12 times in a month in blatant violation of rules.
According to the Karnataka Government, the Supreme Court`s verdict of abatement of the corruption case against J Jayalalithaa, the late Tamil Nadu chief minister, stands as a fault in the record.
Some ministers have claimed that "nothing happens in the government with Dinakaran's nod."
Justice Indira Banerjee was sworn-in as the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court here on Wednesday.
Thirty-eight Indian fishermen released from Sri Lankan custody were repatriated at the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) on Tuesday, the Sri Lanka Navy media unit said in a statement.
AIADMK (Amma) on Tuesday said 'Y' category security cover granted by the Centre for former Chief Minister O Panneerselvam was unnecessary and "it showed that he is in the grip of saffronites."
The power generation in the second unit of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) was stopped temporarily on Tuesday following snag in the turbine of the unit.
Accusing the BJP-led Central Government of neglecting Tamil Nadu's interests, DMK working president M K Stalin on Tuesday alleged it had failed to turn its attention to the woes of farmers agitating in the national capital for over 20 days.
In a significant order, the Madras High Court on Tuesday directed the Tamil Nadu government to waive loans of all drought-hit farmers and restrained cooperative societies and banks from recovering their dues.
The second 1,000 MW atomic power unit at the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP) that suffered an outage on Monday due to a problem in its steam dump valve is expected to start operations on Friday, said a senior official of Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL).
Eighteeen of 38 fishermen from Tamil Nadu, arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy between March 21 and 26, were released by the island nation today and will be handed over to India this afternoon, officials said.
The Election Commission officials on Monday asked the Sasikala faction of AIADMK to stop using the "Two leaves" on its website and social media accounts.
Her screams in broken English is ignored by many, as is her protest itself, but Pooja Nair believes her demand for a CBI probe into the death of former Tamil Nadu chief minister Jayalalithaa would be met.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE