A city-bound flight from Dubai suffered a technical snag after landing at the airport here but all 184 passengers and crew onboard got down safely, officials said on Wednesday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday backed the ruling of the Madras High Court making Vande Mataram complusory to sing once in a week and said it is a good thought and people should not have any problem practising it.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Tuesday met NDA Vice-Presidential nominee M Venkaiah Naidu and extended his greetings.
The Tamil Nadu Directorate of Government Examinations (DGE) is expected to announce Tamil Nadu Board HSC 12th Supply Results 2017 on July 25 (Tuesday).
On a single day, 27.6 kg of foreign-origin gold, worth Rs 8.13 crore, was seized by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) from three places in Tamil Nadu, it said on Monday.
The farmers said Subramani, 61, lost consciousness after he quietly took the sleeping pills at the Jantar Mantar protest site in the heart of the capital.
The Sri Lankan Navy on Saturday apprehended eight Tamil Nadu fishermen and seized their boat near Delft Island.
The high court will discuss the maintainability argument and merits in this particular case in the next hearing.
The party at its district secretaries meet held here hit out at both the state and central goverments for "shattering" the dreams of rural aspirants and urban poor to become doctors.
As the distressed farmers continue to protest for loan waiver and drought-relief package, Tamil Nadu MLAs have given themselves 100 percent salary hike.
On July 7, the High Court had granted interim stay on all further proceedings in an Economic Offences Court against Dhinakaran in the FERA violation case.
Jayalalithaa was admitted to Apollo Hospital here on September 22, 2016, for fever and dehydration. She was in the hospital till she passed away on December 5, 2016.
The CENTAC had conducted the common counselling for admissions into the colleges in May.
Justice N Kirubakaran passed the interim order on a writ petition by Kulasekaran and R Padmanabhan, two shop owners at the market.
Leader of the Opposition M K Stalin moved the resolution seeking grant of permission to Karunanidhi for absence considering his illness.
A court here on Monday said it will consider a chargesheet against AIADMK Deputy General Secretary TTV Dinakaran`s aide Sukesh Chandershekhar in a bribery case on July 25.
He was 86 and is survived by his wife, three daughters and a son.
The victim, hailing from Thimava Royanakupppam took the extreme step owing to poverty, they said.
Palanisamy also announced that the injured will also be given relief from the Chief Minister's fund.
"The report that has been presented by Deputy Inspector General (DIG) (Prisons) D Roopa is indeed shocking. Like Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said, a probe is necessary into the matter, after which necessary action needs to be taken," DMK spokesperson Saravanan told ANI.
The mishap occurred late last night when the bus bound for Kumbakonam collided with the lorry at Vallam.
In the report, Roopa has also mentioned about the "preferential" treatment being provided to fake stamp paper scam kingpin Abdul Karim Telgi in the prison.
In the 21st edition of Naval exercise, as many as 95 air crafts, 16 ships and two submarines from Japan, India and United States are taking part.
On GST, the Leader of Opposition referring to messages on 'WhatsApp,' said some traders felt taxation was on the higher side under the GST regime.
Eleven persons have been arrested in connection with the violence and cases booked against 150 others, they said.
The Anna University has announced the 4th Semester Examination Result of UG and PG Professional Courses.
A bench of justices S S Sundresh and N Sathish Kumar gave the direction to the state home secretary on a plea by Ravichandran's mother Rajeshwari.
The Tamil Nadu Police on Tuesday seized 500 kilograms of endangered sea cucumber from Rameswaram-Pudu road forest area.
CPI on Tuesday urged Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi to urge him to take steps against a new Sri Lankan law which allegedly went against Indian fishermen.
The Tamil Nadu government on Tuesday reasserted its position that the retrieval of Katchatheevu, an islet ceded to Sri Lanka in the 1970s, was the "only solution" to the vexed fishermen's issue.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Watch - Ram Nath Kovind's swearing-in ceremony as President
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: All you need to know about the President's Bodyguard
- Mumbai: Four-storey building collapses; at least 3 dead, many trapped
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- After demitting Rashtrapati Bhavan, Pranab Mukherjee to occupy heritage bungalow in Lutyens’ Delhi
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA