Describing Lord Shiva as symbol of inclusiveness, the Prime Minister said that Shiva along with Goddess Parvathi denote oneness.
Police also arrested 17 workers of a fringe outfit when they attempted to stage a demonstration against Modi's visit near the airport.
The statue, a stone curved face of Lord Shiva, has been installed at the premises of Isha Foundation, dedicated to its founder Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev.
Late Tamil Nadu chief minister J. Jayalalithaa's niece Deepa Jayakumar on Friday said she would surely contest elections from the former's constituency, R.K. Nagar, in the next elections.
Deepa Jayakumar first shot into limelight when she alleged that she was not allowed to meet her aunt Jayalalithaa when she was hospitalised for 75 days.
A day after DMK leader M K Stalin met President Pranab Mukherjee and submitted a memorandum on the events that took place in Tamil Nadu assembly last week, he met Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday.
Jayalalithaa died on December 5 after being admitted in Apollo Hospitals for 75 days.
J Jayalalithaa's nephew Deepak Jayakumar has also staked claim to the late former chief minister's Poes Garden residence and other properties.
Despite the current political turbulence in the state, there is no let-up in zeal and extravagance when it comes to celebrating the birthday of late Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa.
Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam working president MK Stalin also plans to meet Communist Party of India (Marxist) general secretary Sitaram Yechury afterwards.
This is said to be the largest sculpture of the face of Lord Shiva on the planet.
DMK leader M K Stalin today requested Speaker P Dhanapal to provide him with the unedited footage of the February 18 trust vote proceedings in the Tamil Nadu Assembly in order to enable him to produce the same in front of the High Court, as demanded by the latter.
AIADMK general secretary VK Sasikala had appointed her nephew Dinakaran as party deputy general secretary on February 15, ahead of surrendering before the court.
Nine fishermen from this district were arrested for allegedly using "banned fishing nets" while fishing off Pudukudi coast here on Thursday, marine police said.
DMK working president MK Stalin today left for New Delhi to meet President Pranab Mukherjee to apprise him of the incidents that unfolded during the February 18 trust vote.
MK Stalin said he would head a DMK delegation to Delhi tomorrow to submit a memorandum to President Pranab Mukherjee.
DMK chief Stalin had said on February 19 that passing of trust vote after forcible en-masse eviction of his party legislators from the Assembly was against the traditions and House rules.
The Madras High Court today directed the DMK to produce video clippings or any other recordings to substantiate its claim that the trust vote on February 18 was in contravention of the Assembly rules.
In a bid to put an end to the bull-taming sport of Tamil Nadu, Jallikattu, and the buffalo race of Karnataka, Kambala, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on Wednesday said it will move the Supreme Court challenging the legislation passed by the assemblies of both states for having allowed these sports.
The Madras High Court on Wednesday sought credible evidence to prove that the AIADMK MLAs were held captive in a resort in Kuvathoor and also the video evidence of the proceedings in the Tamil Nadu Assembly during Chief Minister`s Edapadi Palaniswami`s trust vote.
'Cyanide' Mallika, a convicted serial killer who was lodged in a cell next to the one in which AIADMK leader VK Sasikala has been put in Parappana Agrahara central prison, has now been shifted, reports said on Wednesday.
The Madras High Court on Wednesday adjourned the DMK petition challenging Edappadi K Palaniswami's winning trust vote in the Tamil Nadu assembly till Monday.
DMK Working President MK Stalin along with party leaders on Wednesday began their day-long hunger strike protest in Tiruchi against the forcible eviction of party MLAs from Tamil Nadu assembly during the trust vote on February 18.
On Saturday, amidst chaotic scenes involving DMK which eventually led to eviction of its members enmasse, the Palaniswami government won the trust vote by the huge margin.
AIADMK Presidium Chairman KA Sengottaiyan will lead the 69th birthday celebrations of former party chief and late J Jayalalithaa, on February 24.
The Madras High Court will on Tuesday hear a petition moved by Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) demanding that Chief Minister EK Palaniswami`s trust vote in the Tamil Nadu State Assembly be declared null and void.
Stalin on Monday called all to join DMK's hunger protests on February 22.
With a "stable" government in place, Tamil Nadu will see a new era of development to realise late J Jayalalithaa's dreams under the guidance of V K Sasikala, senior AIADMK leader Thambidurai said today.
The girl went missing from her house in the 26th Block of Tsunami Quarters in Ennore on Saturday evening.
Newly-sworn in Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami announced a series of sops on Monday, that were a part of AIADMK's poll promise, on his first day in office.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After being snubbed at IPL 2017 auction, Irfan Pathan named skipper of Baroda
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- BJP comes to power in Pune corporation for first time, dislodges NCP
- UP Polls: Bookies, gamblers bet huge on BJP's win after PM ups the ante