Sasikala's nephew TTV Dinakaran has on Thursday filed a complaint with the Election Commission against the O Panneerselvam camp over misusing of poll symbol by the camp.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on Tuesday reviewed drought relief measures taken up by various government departments to tackle the drought situation in the state.
Dinakaran made the allegation in a complaint to the Election Commission of India.
The Madras High Court on Monday directed the police to arrest a man who claimed to be the son of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, saying he had not only cheated the court but also forged documents.
Tamil Nadu Congress Committee (TNCC) on Monday constituted a 40-member panel to work for ally DMK's nominee N Marudhu Ganesh in the April 12 R K Nagar Assembly bypoll here.
Ruling AIADMK's deputy general secretary TTV Dinakaran on Monday filed a complaint with the Election Commission stating that the team of O Panneerselvam was manipulating 'electric pole' symbol as twin leaves.
He claimed that he was born to Jayalalithaa and late Telugu actor Shoban Babu.
At least 12 Indian fishermen were on Sunday arrested by Sri Lankan Navy for allegedly poaching in the country's territorial waters.
As the State Election Commission (SEC) of Tamil Nadu is yet to announce the date of polls for the local body elections, the Congress Party on Sunday urged the former to conduct the polls before May.
Following the orders of the Election Commission, the Tamil Nadu government has transferred Greater Chennai Police Commissioner S George.
The Liberation Panther Party aka Vidhuthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi (VCK) has advised superstar Rajinikanth to re-consider his decision to visit Sri Lanka to inaugurate a housing scheme. They said it might earn him the wrath of the Tamil community.
The Election Commission of India (ECI) on Saturday ordered the transfer of Chennai Police Commissioner S. George ahead of the R.K. Nagar by-polls.
An AIADMK member in the Lok Sabha today sought a CBI probe into the death of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, saying any inquiry by the state government will not be able to unravel the "truth".
Tamil Maanila Congress (TMC) President GK Vasan today said the party decided not to contest the April 12 R K Nagar by-election as it has no faith in by-polls.
Deepa Jayakumar, niece of late Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, today filed her nominations for the RK Nagar assembly constituency for the April 12 bypoll as MGR Amma Deepa Peravai candidate, the party floated by her.
Tamil Nadu government today moved a bill in the state Assembly for levy of an additional five per cent tax on sale of liquor.
The opposition resolution seeking the removal of Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker P Dhanapal was defeated on Thursday, with 122 AIADMK legislators voting against and 97 opposition MLAs voting in favour.
The 'hat' symbol alloted to the Sasikala faction of the AIADMK will help attract voters as they could associate it with party founder M G Ramachandran who was known to sport the accessory, Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker M Thambidurai today said.
Rival AIADMK factions today submitted new names and poll symbols.
Senior AIADMK leader from the Panneerselvam camp, E Madhusudhanan, today filed his nomination from the R K Nagar constituency for the April 12 bypoll.
The Election Commission on Thursday allotted new symbols to the two warring factions – one led by O Panneerselvam and the other by VK Sasikala - of Tamil Nadu's ruling party AIADMK for contesting the upcoming bypoll in the RK Nagar constituency.
The no-confidence motion moved by MK Stalin-led DMK against TN Assembly Speaker was on Thursday defeated by voice vote.
The fight over the AIADMK's election symbol between its rival factions had on Wednesday reached the Election Commission.
The Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday said two fishermen from the state had died in Saudi Arabia and sought diplomatic assistance from the Centre to bring back their mortal remains.
Madras High Court today disposed of a petition challenging AIADMK Deputy General Secretary T T V Dinakaran's candidature for the April 12 RK Nagar Assembly bypoll on the ground he had been penalised in FERA cases.
The EC on Wednesday began hearing a dispute between the O Panneerselvam and Sasikala Natarajan-led factions over their claim of being the lawful claimant to the AIADMK party's poll symbol - Two Leaves.
The Karnataka government on Tuesday moved the Supreme Court seeking a review of its verdict by which it had abated the proceedings in the disproportionate assets case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister late J Jayalalithaa.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the Karnataka government to release at least 2,000 cusecs of Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu on a daily basis.
Social media users are speculating if superstar Rajinikanth is joining BJP!
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Separatists call for Kashmir bandh today
- Mahakaushal Express train derailed near Mahoba station, many passengers injured
- Kolkata: Fire breaks out in Golden Park hotel
- UP govt cancels board exams in 54 centres after leap in cheating cases
- DNA: IT dept attaches assets worth Rs 33 crore 'linked' to Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain
- Public outrage after fire breaks out in Neelganga area in Ujjain, around 20 shops burnt
- Delhi MCD Election: What concerns do Delhiites have in their mind?
- Pakistan instigates Kashmiri youth for stone pelting - Report
- DNA: Syed Ali Shah Geelani claims Muslims livelihood snatched by abattoir shutdown
- IIT Delhi student attempts suicide by jumping off his hostel room
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Narendra Modi third most successful PM in Indian history: Ramachandra Guha
- India vs Australia: Gujarat Lions coach Brad Hodge tenders timely apology to Virat Kohli and 'people of India'; says he meant no 'ill intention'
- Fuming Sakshi Rawat asked if 'is there any privacy left' or not after husband MS Dhoni's private Aadhaar info leaked on Twitter
- With Yogi Adityanath as CM, UP 'babus' give up 'nawabi' habits, embrace new work culture
- Rupee hits 17-month high; gains past 65 vs US dollar
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- Oppo sacks Chinese employee who insulted Indian flag
- 'Man of action` Yogi Adityanath comes to the rescue of a woman facing torture over dowry
- Samajwadi Party rift widens, Mulayam cancels dinner after party MLAs warned not to attend
- 'Power greedy Aam Aadmi Party looted citizens of Delhi'