AIADMK general secretary VK Sasikala had appointed her nephew Dinakaran as party deputy general secretary on February 15, ahead of surrendering before the court.
Nine fishermen from this district were arrested for allegedly using "banned fishing nets" while fishing off Pudukudi coast here on Thursday, marine police said.
DMK working president MK Stalin today left for New Delhi to meet President Pranab Mukherjee to apprise him of the incidents that unfolded during the February 18 trust vote.
MK Stalin said he would head a DMK delegation to Delhi tomorrow to submit a memorandum to President Pranab Mukherjee.
DMK chief Stalin had said on February 19 that passing of trust vote after forcible en-masse eviction of his party legislators from the Assembly was against the traditions and House rules.
The Madras High Court today directed the DMK to produce video clippings or any other recordings to substantiate its claim that the trust vote on February 18 was in contravention of the Assembly rules.
In a bid to put an end to the bull-taming sport of Tamil Nadu, Jallikattu, and the buffalo race of Karnataka, Kambala, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on Wednesday said it will move the Supreme Court challenging the legislation passed by the assemblies of both states for having allowed these sports.
The Madras High Court on Wednesday sought credible evidence to prove that the AIADMK MLAs were held captive in a resort in Kuvathoor and also the video evidence of the proceedings in the Tamil Nadu Assembly during Chief Minister`s Edapadi Palaniswami`s trust vote.
'Cyanide' Mallika, a convicted serial killer who was lodged in a cell next to the one in which AIADMK leader VK Sasikala has been put in Parappana Agrahara central prison, has now been shifted, reports said on Wednesday.
The Madras High Court on Wednesday adjourned the DMK petition challenging Edappadi K Palaniswami's winning trust vote in the Tamil Nadu assembly till Monday.
DMK Working President MK Stalin along with party leaders on Wednesday began their day-long hunger strike protest in Tiruchi against the forcible eviction of party MLAs from Tamil Nadu assembly during the trust vote on February 18.
On Saturday, amidst chaotic scenes involving DMK which eventually led to eviction of its members enmasse, the Palaniswami government won the trust vote by the huge margin.
AIADMK Presidium Chairman KA Sengottaiyan will lead the 69th birthday celebrations of former party chief and late J Jayalalithaa, on February 24.
The Madras High Court will on Tuesday hear a petition moved by Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) demanding that Chief Minister EK Palaniswami`s trust vote in the Tamil Nadu State Assembly be declared null and void.
Stalin on Monday called all to join DMK's hunger protests on February 22.
With a "stable" government in place, Tamil Nadu will see a new era of development to realise late J Jayalalithaa's dreams under the guidance of V K Sasikala, senior AIADMK leader Thambidurai said today.
The girl went missing from her house in the 26th Block of Tsunami Quarters in Ennore on Saturday evening.
Newly-sworn in Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami announced a series of sops on Monday, that were a part of AIADMK's poll promise, on his first day in office.
: The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) on Monday approached the Madras High Court demanding that Chief Minister EK Palaniswami`s trust vote in the State Assembly be declared null and void.
Earlier, DMK leader MK Stalin had urged the Tamil Nadu Governor to nullify the Assembly proceedings of Saturday when Palaniswami won the confidence vote amid bedlam.
The Supreme Court will on Monday hear the plea regarding the dispute on Cauvery river between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami had on Saturday comfortably won the vote of confidence in the state Assembly.
DMK today appealed to Tamil Nadu Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao to "nullify" the vote of confidence won by Sasikala loyalist E K Palaniswami, alleging it was adopted by contravening the rules of the state Assembly.
A local AIADMK MLA today alleged he was receiving threat calls over phone for voting in favour of Edappadi K Palaniswami government in the Assembly.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami, along with his cabinet colleagues on Sunday called on Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao at the Raj Bhavan here.
DMK has announced a statewide hunger strike on February 22 against the trust vote in Tamil Nadu assembly.
The Chennai Police has registered a First Information Report (FIR) against DMK Working President and Leader of the Opposition MK Stalin for holding a protest in Chennai on Saturday.
Blaming the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) for the ruckus that took place in the Tamil Nadu Assembly during the floor test, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said that DMK MLAs were the ones who created chaos in the assembly while AIADMK MLAs sat quietly.
"The agenda of the Speaker is to go ahead with voting and announce that the Chief Minister has succeeded in getting the confidence of the House, in the absence of the DMK members. This is totally a foul play and unconstitutional," the letter stated.
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- J&K: Three soldiers martyred in terror attack in Shopian
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- DNA: China bars 60 lakh bank defaulters from travelling
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading; counting underway
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh