Shortly after his arrival in Madurai, PM Narendra Modi on Thursday inaugurated APJ Abdul Kalam Memorial at Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu.
Former president APJ Abdul Kalam died of cardiac arrest in Shillong on July 27, 2015.
Troubles for former deputy inspector general of police (DIG) (Prisons) Roopa do not cease to end as now a legal notice has been served to her by the lawyer of Director General (Prisons) G. Sathyanarayan Rao.
Prime Minister will on Thursday inaugurate former President APJ Abdul Kalam's memorial at Rameswaram.
Slogans were raised by participants condemning the "anti people and anti student policies of the Congress and its alliance partner DMK."
Born on January 17, 1917, M G Ramachandran, who founded the AIADMK in 1972, was Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu between 1977 and 1987.
A city-bound flight from Dubai suffered a technical snag after landing at the airport here but all 184 passengers and crew onboard got down safely, officials said on Wednesday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday backed the ruling of the Madras High Court making Vande Mataram complusory to sing once in a week and said it is a good thought and people should not have any problem practising it.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Tuesday met NDA Vice-Presidential nominee M Venkaiah Naidu and extended his greetings.
The Tamil Nadu Directorate of Government Examinations (DGE) is expected to announce Tamil Nadu Board HSC 12th Supply Results 2017 on July 25 (Tuesday).
On a single day, 27.6 kg of foreign-origin gold, worth Rs 8.13 crore, was seized by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) from three places in Tamil Nadu, it said on Monday.
The farmers said Subramani, 61, lost consciousness after he quietly took the sleeping pills at the Jantar Mantar protest site in the heart of the capital.
The Sri Lankan Navy on Saturday apprehended eight Tamil Nadu fishermen and seized their boat near Delft Island.
The high court will discuss the maintainability argument and merits in this particular case in the next hearing.
The party at its district secretaries meet held here hit out at both the state and central goverments for "shattering" the dreams of rural aspirants and urban poor to become doctors.
As the distressed farmers continue to protest for loan waiver and drought-relief package, Tamil Nadu MLAs have given themselves 100 percent salary hike.
On July 7, the High Court had granted interim stay on all further proceedings in an Economic Offences Court against Dhinakaran in the FERA violation case.
Jayalalithaa was admitted to Apollo Hospital here on September 22, 2016, for fever and dehydration. She was in the hospital till she passed away on December 5, 2016.
The CENTAC had conducted the common counselling for admissions into the colleges in May.
Justice N Kirubakaran passed the interim order on a writ petition by Kulasekaran and R Padmanabhan, two shop owners at the market.
Leader of the Opposition M K Stalin moved the resolution seeking grant of permission to Karunanidhi for absence considering his illness.
A court here on Monday said it will consider a chargesheet against AIADMK Deputy General Secretary TTV Dinakaran`s aide Sukesh Chandershekhar in a bribery case on July 25.
He was 86 and is survived by his wife, three daughters and a son.
The victim, hailing from Thimava Royanakupppam took the extreme step owing to poverty, they said.
Palanisamy also announced that the injured will also be given relief from the Chief Minister's fund.
"The report that has been presented by Deputy Inspector General (DIG) (Prisons) D Roopa is indeed shocking. Like Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said, a probe is necessary into the matter, after which necessary action needs to be taken," DMK spokesperson Saravanan told ANI.
The mishap occurred late last night when the bus bound for Kumbakonam collided with the lorry at Vallam.
In the report, Roopa has also mentioned about the "preferential" treatment being provided to fake stamp paper scam kingpin Abdul Karim Telgi in the prison.
In the 21st edition of Naval exercise, as many as 95 air crafts, 16 ships and two submarines from Japan, India and United States are taking part.
On GST, the Leader of Opposition referring to messages on 'WhatsApp,' said some traders felt taxation was on the higher side under the GST regime.
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- Cabinet reshuffle soon: JD(U) likely to get ministerial berths
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Zee News remains number 1 Hindi channel for 29th week
- Watch: Drums being used to warn people about floods in Gujarat
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony: As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- 'Not a sign of healthy democracy': Mayawati on Nitish Kumar's JD(U) alliance with BJP
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- Kapil Sharma Show: Sumona Chakravarti will NEVER work with Krushna Abhishek—Here's why