Opposing what it called "wanton thrusting" of Hindi by the Centre, DMK on Friday announced holding state-wide seminars against it and decided to rope in youngsters and students to create an upsurge against the alleged move.
The Madras High Court on Friday asked authorities not to remove 'Seemai Karuvalam' (Prosopis Juliflorais) trees till further orders, as the matter has been referred to a larger bench.
Union Minister Mahesh Sharma on Friday denied there were plans to stop excavation at Keezhadi in this district, saying there has been "rewarding results" from the site, dating back to 2nd Century BC.
A special court on Friday said the Election Commission bribery case involving AIADMK leader TTV Dhinakaran was the result of a conspiracy to undermine the sanctity of the electoral process through corrupt means.
A special court on Friday remanded to two-day police custody an alleged hawala operator in the Election Commission bribery case, involving AIADMK (Amma) faction leader TTV Dhinakaran, to ascertain the money trail.
A hawala operator from old Delhi was arrested here on Friday in connection with TTV Dhinakaran's bribery case, police said.
An alleged hawala operator was arrested here today in connetion with the Election Commission bribery case in which three persons, including AIADMK (Amma) leader TTV Dhinakaran.
AIADMK (Amma) leader TTV Dhinakaran, arrested by the Delhi Police in connection with a bribery case, was today brought here and searches were conducted at his residence in the city as part of the probe.
The police had secured warrants from a Delhi court to search the Chennai residences of Dhinakaran and Mallikarjuna as part of its probe.
Delhi Police on Wednesday sought seven-day custody for AIADMK (Amma) leader TTV Dhinakaran in 'two leaves' symbol bribery case.
AIADMK cadres on Wednesday removed sidelined party General Secretary V K Sasikala`s banners from the party office here in Tamil Nadu.
The Madras High Court on Tuesday restrained the Tamil Nadu government from opening/reopening or relocating liquor shops along or abutting the national or state highways in the southern state for three months.
The AIADMK faction, led by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister EK Palaniswami, today held a consultative meeting of key party functionaries here, amidst expectations of the rival factions of the ruling party holding merger talks.
The Madras High Court on Tuesday granted an interim injunction restraining the Tamil Nadu government from opening or relocating state run TASMAC liquor shops along national or state highways.
Special Judge Poonam Chaudhary asked the question when the police produced in court alleged middleman Sukesh Chandrasekhar, arrested for allegedly striking a deal of Rs 50 crore to help the AIADMK (Amma) faction keep the 'two leaves' poll symbol.
Stepping up its attack on V K Sasikala, the AIADMK faction led by O Panneerselvam today demanded that her portraits be removed from the party headquarters here.
The opposition AIADMK in Puducherry on Tuesday termed as "political drama and anti-people," the day-long bandh called today in Puducherry by the DMK in support of the drought-hit farmers.
The shutdown strike was called by DMK, Congress, CPI-M, CPI, VCK and IUML.
Sasikala's nephew TTV Dinakaran has finally accepted meeting the middleman in the AIADMK symbol case but denied paying him any money.
The opposition parties led by the Dravida Munnetra Kazhaghan (DMK) will be observing a state-wide shutdown in support of drought-hit farmers on Tuesday.
The two factions of the AIADMK were on Monday squabbling and blaming each other for the delay in merger talks getting off the ground, days after they formed committees for carrying forward the negotiations.
Days after the two factions of AIADMK announced panels for the merger talk, the move hit yet another roadblock today as both sides blamed each other for the "delay" in taking the proposal forward.
A security guard deployed at former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's sprawling estate in Tamil Nadu's Nilgiris district has been found dead, said reports on Monday.
AIADMK factions led by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami and his predecessor O Panneerselvam are expected to begin formal talks for reunion on Monday.
The Tamil Nadu farmers who had been protesting over drought relief funds and waiver of farmers` loans on Sunday suspended their protest till May 25 after Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E Palaniswamy`s assurance.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on Sunday urged the farmers protesting at Jantar Mantar for the last 39 days to call off their protest and said that he will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi and submit a memorandum highlighting their plight.
He was asked to appear before them again tomorrow for further questioning.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami, for the first time, will meet farmers from the state protesting at Jantar Mantar tomorrow, according to official sources.
Grabbing eyeballs with their novel way of protest, Tamil Nadu farmers on Saturday drank urine in another desperate bid to draw the government's attention towards their plight.
- PM Modi launches first Udan flight from Shimla to Delhi
- AAP's Sanjay Singh resigns as Punjab incharge after Delhi rout
- Watch - Canadian woman stuck on crane being rescued by Toronto firefighter!
- Cricketer Gautam Gambhir to bear expenses of Sukma martyrs' children
- UP special task force seals 7 petrol pumps in Lucknow
- UP: Muslim woman gets triple talaq via speed post in Amroha
- Bollywood actor and BJP MP Vinod Khanna passes away at 70
- Now, UP govt to present work report of 100 days
- Watch! Heart-warming video of 10-year-old Chilean girl battling cancer dancing on hospital bed
- DNA: Analysing the life of legendary bollywood actor Vinod Khanna
- Yogi effect: Wearing saffron outfit is the latest trend in UP
- Vinod Khanna's last rites performed in Mumbai, stars pay respect
- Delhi deputy CM Manish Sisodia calls Anna Hazare 'fraud'
- Pellet guns: Suggest steps to stop violent agitation, SC tells J&K HC Bar
- DNA: Analysis on Kupwara army camp attack
- 7th Pay Commission allowances: Panel submits report to FM Jaitley; govt employees set to get HRA hike of up to 178%
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results declared. Check cgbse.nic.in, results.cg.nic.in
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared today; check jeemain.nic.in and cbseresults.nic.in
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results to be declared today at cgbse.nic.in
- Vinod Khanna dies of cancer – All you need to know about the condition that killed the veteran actor
- IPL 2017: Ravindra Jadeja rocket throw shocks Virat Kohli's RCB, sends dangerous AB de Villiers back — MUST WATCH
- Actor-politician Vinod Khanna passes away
- Rajasthan: THIS wedding card is crashing Internet and PM Narendra Modi will be pleased
- Did Eman's sister ignore doctors' advice? Cops called in after Shaimaa feeds world's heaviest woman water
- Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir to bear education expenses of slain CRPF soldiers' children
- Britain reduced India to one of the "poorest, illiterate and diseased places on Earth", need a museum to educate children: Shashi Tharoor
- Baahubali 2: Early morning shows cancelled in Tamil Nadu
- Udaipur boy Kalpit Veerval tops JEE-Main exam, creates history with 360/360 score
- Katrina Kaif reveals name of her favourite cricketer, claims she hasn't said more than three words to him
- Baby run over by 2 SUVs - You won't believe what happened next | WATCH