DMK Working President MK Stalin along with party leaders on Wednesday began their day-long hunger strike protest in Tiruchi against the forcible eviction of party MLAs from Tamil Nadu assembly during the trust vote on February 18.
On Saturday, amidst chaotic scenes involving DMK which eventually led to eviction of its members enmasse, the Palaniswami government won the trust vote by the huge margin.
AIADMK Presidium Chairman KA Sengottaiyan will lead the 69th birthday celebrations of former party chief and late J Jayalalithaa, on February 24.
The Madras High Court will on Tuesday hear a petition moved by Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) demanding that Chief Minister EK Palaniswami`s trust vote in the Tamil Nadu State Assembly be declared null and void.
Stalin on Monday called all to join DMK's hunger protests on February 22.
With a "stable" government in place, Tamil Nadu will see a new era of development to realise late J Jayalalithaa's dreams under the guidance of V K Sasikala, senior AIADMK leader Thambidurai said today.
The girl went missing from her house in the 26th Block of Tsunami Quarters in Ennore on Saturday evening.
Newly-sworn in Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami announced a series of sops on Monday, that were a part of AIADMK's poll promise, on his first day in office.
: The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) on Monday approached the Madras High Court demanding that Chief Minister EK Palaniswami`s trust vote in the State Assembly be declared null and void.
Earlier, DMK leader MK Stalin had urged the Tamil Nadu Governor to nullify the Assembly proceedings of Saturday when Palaniswami won the confidence vote amid bedlam.
The Supreme Court will on Monday hear the plea regarding the dispute on Cauvery river between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami had on Saturday comfortably won the vote of confidence in the state Assembly.
DMK today appealed to Tamil Nadu Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao to "nullify" the vote of confidence won by Sasikala loyalist E K Palaniswami, alleging it was adopted by contravening the rules of the state Assembly.
A local AIADMK MLA today alleged he was receiving threat calls over phone for voting in favour of Edappadi K Palaniswami government in the Assembly.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami, along with his cabinet colleagues on Sunday called on Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao at the Raj Bhavan here.
DMK has announced a statewide hunger strike on February 22 against the trust vote in Tamil Nadu assembly.
The Chennai Police has registered a First Information Report (FIR) against DMK Working President and Leader of the Opposition MK Stalin for holding a protest in Chennai on Saturday.
Blaming the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) for the ruckus that took place in the Tamil Nadu Assembly during the floor test, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said that DMK MLAs were the ones who created chaos in the assembly while AIADMK MLAs sat quietly.
"The agenda of the Speaker is to go ahead with voting and announce that the Chief Minister has succeeded in getting the confidence of the House, in the absence of the DMK members. This is totally a foul play and unconstitutional," the letter stated.
Palaniswami was apparently referring to Sasikala's earlier assertion that Jayalalithaa's government would continue in the state.
The proceedings witnessed an absolute pandemonium during which the mikes were uprooted, chairs toppled and sheets of papers torn and hurled around.
Declaring the result of the confidence vote, won by the government with a 122-11 margin, he also charged DMK with stalling the House proceedings.
"People of Tamil Nadu will decide whether the resolution passed today (electing Edappadi K Palanisami) in the Assembly is valid or not," Panneerselvam told reporters at the Secretariat.
DMK's Working President Stalin, along with party MLAs, sat on protest near the Mahatma Gandhi statue on the Marina beach.
DMK working president MK Stalin on Saturday sat in protest near the Mahatma Gandhi statue on Marina beach against the manner in which he and his party legislators were evicted from the state assembly.
Tamil Nadu Assembly on Saturday witnessed unruly scenes when DMK members gheraoed Speaker P Dhanapal seeking secret ballot for the trust vote, who subsequently left the House with marshals escorting him, stalling the proceedings.
Amid pandemonium, the Tamil Nadu assembly Speaker P. Dhanapal on Saturday sent out legislators belonging to DMK for creating ruckus and adjourned the House till 3 p.m.
Bharatiya Janata Party MP Subramanian Swamy on Saturday termed Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) a violent and anti-national party.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami on Saturday moved a motion of confidence in the assembly in favour of his government.
The O Panneerselvam camp has appointed sitting MLA Semmalai as the party whip and sent a letter to the Assembly Speaker P Dhanapal to this effect.
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- Global Investors' Summit: In conversation with Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- Air pollution claims two Indian lives every minute: Study
- PM Modi may hold a road show in Varanasi on March 3
- Opposition attacks PM Modi over his controversial statement
- DNA: Analysis of the danger and threat to human life due to air pollution
- DNA: Today in History | February 20, 2017
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- Kota: Fire breaks out at petrol pump in Rajasthan
- Indian Premier League 10: Mohammad Azharuddin calls MS Dhoni's sacking as RPS captain a 'third-rate decision'
- Do you suffer from chronic knee pain? Online treatment may help you!
- PSL 2017: Chris Gayle, Kumar Sangakkara refuse to play league final in Lahore due to security reasons
- Hafiz Saeed's brother says Pakistan put JuD chief under house arrest due to Indian pressure
- IPL 10 Auction: Gautam Gambhir highlights prime reason behind Ishant Sharma's failure to bag deal