The Supreme Court on Thursday put on hold till August 22, the counselling for admissions for MBBS and BDS seats in Tamil Nadu, and asked MCI and the state government to find a "balanced" solution to deal with the interests of state board students and those who cleared NEET.
Sasikala is serving a prison term in a disproportionate assets case.
The medical students from Tamil Nadu moved the Supreme Court seeking directive for the state government to start medical counselling soon.
M Karunanidhi was admitted to Kauvery Hospital in Chennai on Wednesday for a minor procedure
Dhinakaran had said in April that he was "stepping aside" after the Palaniswami and Panneerselvam camps decided to initiate talks for merger of the two factions.
Actor Kamal Haasan on Tuesday fired a fresh salvo at the ruling AIADMK in Tamil Nadu virtually calling for Chief Minister K Palaniswami's resignation over alleged corruption.
The Panneerselvam-led Puratchi Thalaivi Amma faction had set as preconditions for talks with the Amma camp --a probe into the death of late chief minister J Jayalalithaa, besides removal of jailed AIADMK chief V K Sasikala and her family members from the AIADMK.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E K Palaniswami on Tuesday said his government was working with the sole aim of public service by "smashing all hurdles before us."
Former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday and discussed the political situation in the state, including the possibility of the merger of AIADMK factions.
Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Sunday said the Centre will cooperate with Tamil Nadu if it brings an ordinance seeking exemption from NEET for government colleges for one year.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister E Palaniswamy on Friday described VK Sasikala's nephew TTV Dinakaran as '420'.
A physical education teacher of a government aided higher secondary school has been arrested on the charge of sexually harassing a Class 8 girl student, police said on Friday.
A day after the AIADMK faction led by Chief Minister Edapaddi Palaniswamy (EPS) adopted a resolution against jailed party general secretary VK Sasikala and her nephew TTV Dinakran, all eyes are now on former chief minister O Panneerselvam who heads the other faction.
T T V Dhinakaran on Thursday warned of 'surgical action' against Chief Minister K Palaniswami and rubbished the party statements questioning his appointment as AIADMK (Amma) Deputy General Secretary and that of party chief VK Sasikala.
Justice M Duraiswamy granted the interim stay when petitions filed by Karti and others seeking to quash the circulars came up for hearing, and directed the central government to file its counter by September 4.
Rajinikanth, however, chose to sit in the front row at the function organised to celebrate the 75 years of the founding of DMK mouthpiece 'Murasoli.'
The TTV Dhinkaran camp in AIADMK on Thursday hit out at Chief Minister K Palaniswami for questioning the authority of the Deputy General Secretary, terming it as a "betrayal" and warned him of a backlash.
The fishermen were arrested while reportedly fishing off Neduntheevu, Fisheries Inspector Bala said.
The two warring factions of the AIADMK have given in-principle nod to the merger move.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami has written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi urging him to address alarming increase in the number of attacks against Indian fishermen by Sri Lankan Navy.
In Tamil Nadu, fishermen in Pudukottai district announced indefinite strike from Wednesday urging immediate release of fishermen and their boats by Sri Lanka.
According to the sources, Mani Anbazhagan, son of late senior DMK leader and former minister Ko Si Mani, was arrested under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act yesterday and later produced before a magistrate court.
Nine Indian fishermen were apprehended by the Sri Lankan Navy along with two boats from the Palk Strait area.
The scheme of supplying sarees and dhotis to beneficiaries free of cost during the harvest festival of Pongal in January provided employment to weavers throughout the year as they are procured from them.
The Madras High Court has come to the rescue of a mother who has been fighting for nearly 25 years to get compensation for the death of her son, a truck driver, in a road mishap.
Palaniswami offered his deep condolences to the families of 16 police personnel who lost their lives due to various reasons including "ill-health".
A minister from Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami's camp on Saturday questioned AIADMK leader TTV Dhinakaran's eligibility to name some of his loyalists as party office-bearers.
Cadres of Congress' Tamil Nadu unit led by its chief Su Thirunavukkarasar on Saturday blocked the road near Valluvar Kottam here to protest against the attack on the convoy of party vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Gujarat.
A four-year-old girl and a middle-aged woman died of dengue and a man allegedly succumbed to swine flu (A1H1) at the government hospital here, hospital sources said on Thursday.
In February, the assembly had passed two bills seeking to pave the way for the continuation of undergraduate medical admissions on the basis of Class 12 marks, exempting Tamil Nadu from the ambit of NEET.
- Watch: Woman chants 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' at Srinagar's Lal Chowk
- 24-year old biker dies while speeding near Delhi's Mandi House
- SC orders NIA to investigate Kerala 'love jihad' case
- UP Govt mulls action against Madrasas who didn't sing National Anthem on I-Day
- J&K: LeT commander Ayub Lelhari gunned down in encounter in Pulwama
- Hurriyat funding probe: NIA conducts raids at 12 locations in J&K
- Caesarean deliveries on a rise at private hospitals in India
- Delhi HC on high alert after police receives bomb threat call
- Rohith Vemula was a troubled individual, didn’t commit suicide over Hyderabad Central University action: Inquiry Commission
- Petrol, diesel price on 17th August 2017: Check out the rates here city-wise
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar's impressive social drama is UNSTOPPABLE at Box Office
- Reward for locating 'missing' Sonia Gandhi: Posters emerge in Rae Bareli
- 81 lakh Aadhaar deactivated till date: Here's how to find out your status
- China says not aware of Ladakh scuffle; asks India to withdraw troops from Doklam
- Caught on cam: Trinamool Congress MLA Swapan Kumar Beltharia beats vendor in West Bengal's Purulia — Watch
- 1984 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- Divyanka Tripathi fears having a daughter, questions Beti Bachao campaign
- Trinamool Congress sweeps West Bengal civic polls; BJP wins 6 wards, CPI(M), Congress fail to open account
- Kapil Sharma makes Navjot Singh Sidhu unhappy but why?
- Kolkata: 23-year-old air hostess falls from third floor, dies
- Katrina Kaif celebrates ' 5 Year of Ek Tha Tiger' on Instagram but the pic is making us eager for 'Tiger Zinda Hai'!
- 'Love Jihad' case: SC orders NIA probe into Kerala girl’s conversion, marriage
- Shoaib Akhtar shares throwback moment with Shah Rukh Khan, calls him most humble man