Delhi: Good news for tech-savvy people!
The Messenger app of Facebook is now capable of performing group video calls with upto 50 participants.
Here is how you can do it:
- The app will stream everyone’s camera feed to one another in a grid-like view for the first six participants.
- Then the Messenger will display only the dominant speaker’s feed.
- If the video call limit has filled up or if a person is busy, he/she can still see what’s going on and respond with messages or voice.
- In order to use it, one will have to create a group or be in an existing one to be able to tap on the group video call icon.
- Each person can join in when they’re ready with a tap.
- Then one can ring certain people or the whole group.
- The update rolled out for both iOS and Android.
- As per Facebook, Messenger’s other functions will remain intact and a person can still send texts and other animations while video and audio are transmitting.