New Delhi: Android and iOS are not just an operating system, they are more than just being an operating platform. They allow you to locate your handset if stolen or lost. If in case it cannot be retrieved, you can still remotely lock it or clean away all your data.
In order to make sure that your device can be spotted, go into Google Settings, then Security. If not already activated, turn on the ''Remote 'locate this device'' option.
After this, you just need to switch to any internet browser and connect to android.com/find to gain the access of your smartphone's real-time information. Alternatively, other options allow you to receive an alert of smartphone's location, to remind you to lock it remotely and wipe out all information.
Brands like Samsung provide their own solution like- ''Find my mobile'' function. This function enables the owner to synchronize the handset with his Samsung account and trigger remote control and tracking option.
- Open Settings in iOS- then iCloud- activate ''Find my iPhone''.
- Make sure that ''Location Services'' option is turned on in the ''Privacy'' setting.
- In case of losing your iPhone, connect to icloud.com/find and log in to your Apple account to trace your phone's exact location.
- This can also be performed using ''Find My iPhone'' app on iOS device provided you have already signed in with your Apple ID.
- Moving further, you can lock your phone via remote access, display a message or play it a sound or remove all the data on it.
*Note: These solutions will work, only if your smartphone is turned on and linked (via mobile phone network or wi-fi). These may also work using other device a platform if, they are connected to an Apple or Google account.