Social media platform Twitter today said it had recorded 7.2 lakh tweets with the hashtag #Budget2017 between January 30 and February 2.
Twitter will roll out a new set of tools that will flag down trollers on the micro-blogging site and will have to face enhanced 'mute' and 'block' features. Repeat offenders may even be banned from making a new account.
Technology based companies have appreciated government's push for digital economy and cyber security measures announced in the Union budget today.
Intex Technologies has announced its in-house digital e-payment app has gone live on Google Play Store for all Android users outside Intex as well.
In the latest, Idea Cellular entred in the digital services on Monday. The telecom major launched services with `Digital Idea` and launched three new mobile apps -- Idea Music Lounge, Idea Movie Club and Idea Game Spark.
In order to work out a mechanism to enable an insurance framework for electronic wallet transactions, government has initiated talks with mobile wallet players and insurance companies.
Pokemon Go users have surpassed 4.2 million in just three days after its official launch in South Korea, as per a survey.
The Cellular Operators' Association of India (COAI) has written to Indian telecom regulator TRAI to seek its intervention to immediately stop state-run BSNL's app-based calling service.
Cellular operators under COAI have approached telecom regulator TRAI against state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL's) new limited fixed mobile telephony services.
Internet users lost about USD 476 or Rs 32,400 on an average to cyber attacks, a study by security software firm Kaspersky Lab said on Friday.
HDFC is planning to install around 20 humanoids at its branches in the coming two years to assist customers.
As per a study conducted which reviewed 10 years of research on social support via social networking sites, Facebook is used with the main motive of social support and Twitter is used to gain new knowledge.
To further bolster the digital eco-system of the country, the government should announce dedicated spending on ICT just like some other sectors like education, health and other infrastructure.
In the latest, Apple executives had a meeting with the Indian government officials on Wednesday so as to discuss a plan to make iPhones in the southern city of Bangalore.
Only five brands registered healthy growth during the full year.
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has updated BHIM app, which is available on Google Play store. Bharat Interface for Money or BHIM app is based on Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and was launched by Prime Minister Modi on December 30.
In the latest, Indigo, the private carrier on Thursday claimed that its Twitter account was "compromised" and it is investigating the matter.
In the latest, Indian email service provider Datamail has launched voice-based social media feature – DataRadio. The latest feature will allow its users to broadcast messages to their followerswithout the fear of being 'trolled', spammed or online abuse.
So as to continue with investment on cyber security research and development in the coming years, US software firm Microsoft Corp will continue to invest over $1 billion annually, as per a senior executive of the company.
To match competition from private operators, state-owned BSNL will come up with three new pre-paid offerings on Republic Day, including Rs 26 tariff voucher that allows free local voice calls within its network during 26-hour validity.
A Facebook message is doing rounds which claims to upgrade the daily download limit of one's Reliance Jio data.
As competition hits up among telecom service providers, state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) on Monday said it was offering 30 minutes of free local and STD calls on a daily basis.
Following the global recall, Samsung disclosed on Sunday, its finding on what lead to battery explosions in Galaxy Note 7.
During its 3-day sale that ended on Sunday, e-commerce major Amazon India saw significant growth in new customer additions in tier III cities like Virudhunagar, Sambalpur and Kolhapur.
In the latest, Trai, the telecom regualtor, is most likely o recommend the Department of Telecom that Aadhaar-based eKYC be allowed even for outstation customers who want to get a mobile connection in a particular service area.
In order to strengthen technology infrastructure, the central government is all likely to set up a separate financial emergency response centre, as per sources.
Only on Snapdeal's Republic Day Sale from January 21 - 23 Recognizing the continuing appeal of LeEco's popular Le2, Snapdeal's Republic Day Sale has come up with some hard-to-pass-up offers for aspiring users, applicable from January 21 till January 23.
Cab aggregator Ola on Friday extended Ola Play, its connected car platform for ridesharing, to all of its customers through Prime Play category.
Post demonetization, India is expected to be a key target for cyber criminals using malware to attack point-of-sales (POS) devices and mobile wallets this year, security software firm F-Secure said today.
Google said that it has added a new feature in the Google app which will allow users to "search" for something even when the smartphone has no iinternet connection.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Rahane dismissed after brilliant start
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE