India ranked fourth on the list of top target countries for Web Application Attacks and 10th in the list of "Global Web Application Attack Source Countries" in the fourth quarter of 2016, a new report revealed on Wednesday.
Emphasizing that major South Korean search engines are not much secure, the security director at Google said that a HTTPS-based website is a safer way to protect users from possible security attacks.
International law is not prepared to deal with cyberattacks even as the interconnected world faces threats on a scale never seen before, India has told the Security Council.
Led by growth in business process outsourcing, the Indian government is set to spend $7.8 billion on IT in 2017 - an increase of 9.5 percent over 2016, market research firm Gartner said on Monday.
India registered 109.1 million units of smartphone shipments with a marginal 5.2 percent annual growth in 2016, market research firm International Data Corporation (IDC) said on Monday. Chinese players led the pack.
E-commerce major Snapdeal today announced that it has received the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification making it among the few ecommerce companies in the country to do so.
Smart grid technology - such as management systems in power plants - may be prone to hacking, say scientists who delved into "nightmare" scenarios where hackers exploit security weaknesses and execute a disruptive plan of cyberattacks.
Technology firms must up their game in tackling "fake news", Apple chief executive Tim Cook said on Saturday, calling for a major public information campaign.
Indigenous digital payments app BHIM, which the government has developed for fast and secure cashless transactions, was today launched on the iOS platform.
Over 50,300 cyber security incidents like phishing, website intrusions and defacements, virus and denial of service attacks were observed in the country during 2016, Parliament was informed today.
The government has slapped notices on billionaire Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio Infocomm and Paytm for using the Prime Minister's photograph in their advertisements.
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) had said over 600 customers had reported losses of at least Rs 1.3 crore due to the breach.
Video creators can now live stream their videos on YouTube with at least 10,000 followers.
With more than 80 security certifications, BBM Enterprise SDK provides the highest-level of security for messages, voice and video for iOS and Android.
Facebook plans to add a feature on Wednesday to make it easier for people affected by disasters to find each other locally to provide and receive help.
Indian mobile payments and digital wallet firm MobiKwik says it is in talks to raise more funds at a level that would give the start-up a $1 billion valuation, as it pushes to forge new ties with banks and offer new financial services on its platform.
In a bid to strengthen cyber security system, the Reserve Bank (RBI) today decided to set up an inter-disciplinary panel on cyber security to examine various threats and suggest measures to deal with it.
The study noted that 77 percent Indians reported behavioural concerns like cyberbullying, trolling, online harassment, sexual solicitation, sexting, revenge porn or sextortion.
Many internet users in India are coming online for the first time and there is a need to simplify ways to make them safe, a Google executive said here on Tuesday.
India's leading telecom service provider on Tuesday claimed that it gave sufficient point of interconnect (PoIs) to Reliance Jio but that the latter was unable to activate and utilize them.
State-owned BSNL has reduced duration of its landline to landline local call by one minute on same network and also hiked the charge by 20 percent.
Telecom operator Bharti Airtel on Monday rolled out 'Airtel Surprises' for its home broadband customers offering them free additional data and content benefits within their existing plans to mark celebration of its crossing 2 million home broadband subscriber milestone.
The Central government on Monday told the Supreme Court that it would put in place, within a year, an effective mechanism for the verification of pre-paid mobile users who constitute 90 per cent of the total subscribers.
According to a report in media, social networking site Facebook is all set to become become the first 2 billion-user company this year. The social media major has attributed its "impressive" user growth to "promotional data plans" from countries like India.
In a move to end fake mobile phone users, the Supreme Court Monday asked the Centre to put in place within a year an effective mechanism to scrutinise the details of identity of over 100 crore existing and future mobile telephone consumers.
State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) on Monday launched a new promotional offer 'Experience LL 49' where customers can make unlimited landline calls to any network for a month.
Over one-third of organisations globally that experienced a cyber attack in 2016 registered a revenue loss of more than 20 percent, a new report has revealed.
Telecom regulator Trai has said that 'operator-assisted' drive tests, which measure call drops and service quality, would start across various locations soon.
India's mobile gaming market is poised to top USD 400 million by 2022, driven by growing adoption of freemium and virtual reality games in the coming years, a report has said.
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- US confirms sale of predator Guardian drones to India
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Yogi Adityanath completes 100 days as Uttar Pradesh CM
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- JD(U) slams Congress for 'unwarranted' attack on Nitish Kumar, calls BJP 'natural ally'
- 'India-US alliance to check China's rise will be catastrophic'