Hyderabad: Tension prevails in Mangal Hat area after man dies in police custody; family alleges torture by cops
Hyderabad: A mild tension prevailed in Mangalhat area here when a 40-year-old man died hours after he was handpicked by the Mangal Hat police for questioning.
According to reports, the deceased, employed as a private lighting decorator, was reportedly brought to Mangal Hat police station by few policemen for questioning on Saturday morning in a minor brawl case.
The day same, the deceased had told her mother, who had met him inside the police station, that he was badly thrashed by the cops during the questioning.
In the evening, Bheem Singh reportedly collapsed in the police station's bathroom. He was immediately rushed to the Osmania General Hospital where he was declared dead.
The family members of the deceased today staged a demonstration outside the police station and demanded that action be taken against the guilty police officers.
The victim's body has been sent for the post-mortem and an investigation has been launched into the matter.
Further details awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why