A mild tension prevailed in Mangalhat area here when a 40-year-old man died hours after he was handpicked by the Mangal Hat police for questioning.
Police in the old city of Hyderabad on Friday detained 18 illegal financiers, who were exploiting the poor and needy by giving loans on high interest rates following demonetisation.
The incident comes as a big blow to the Telangana government which had sought to restore the confidence of the people in the public health care system.
Telangana on Monday presented a tax-free, revenue surplus budget for 2017-18, proposing an expenditure of Rs 1,49,446 crore, an increase of 14.59 percent over the previous year.
Tragedy struck Holi celebrations in Telangana as at least 10 persons were killed and two went missing in various incidents of drowning across the state on Sunday.
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has said that the state assembly will pass two legislations during the ongoing Budget Session to enhance reservation for the Scheduled Tribes and Muslims.
The famous 'Hyderabadi Biryani' has failed to secure a GI (Geographical Indications) tag after its applicant could not prove the historical origin and data relating to this delectable dish, with supporting documents, according to the GI registry in Chennai.
A day after security forces killed Saifullah - who was a 'self-radicalised' terrorist inspired by the jihadi ideology of terror outfit Islamic State – chilling details of the entire operation was conducted has now come to fore.
An elderly couple committed suicide in Telangana`s Mancherial district due to financial problems and a family dispute.
In an atypical rule, the Telangana government has ruled that only unmarried women will be eligible to apply at the social welfare residential women's colleges in the state.
Srinivas Kuchibhotla was killed and his colleague Alok Madasani was injured when US Navy veteran Adam W Purinton fired at them at the Austin's Bar and Grill in Olathe.
Twenty-seven fresh cases of swine flu have been reported in Telangana, where 21 people died due to the H1N1 virus and other complications since August 1 last year, the state government said here on Wednesday.
Srinivas Kuchibhotla was killed and Alok Madasani was injured when Adam W Purinton shot them at the Austins Bar and Grill in Olathe, Kansas state, on Wednesday night.
Srinivas Kuchibhotla`s wife Sunayana Dumala, her brother, sister-in-law and another relative will accompany the body on Monday night.
Seven men were drowned and three went missing in three different incidents in Telangana on Friday.
Amid scorching criticisms from the Opposition for spending, what many claim to be tax payers money, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhara Rao is all set to offer a gold moustache (bangaru meesalu) costing around Rs 75,000 at Kuravi Veerabhadra Swamy Temple.
The Union government has proposed to come out with a scheme to give assistive devices such as tripod walking sticks, wheel-chairs and hearing aids, to the elderly living below poverty line (BPL) from the coming financial year, a senior official said on Thursday.
Lone Opposition party in Andhra Pradesh, YSR Congress today urged the Telugu Desam government to immediately honour its election-eve promise made in 2014 and pay Rs 2,000 a month as unemployment allowance to all unemployed youth in the state.
Union Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu on Wednesday condoled the death of workers in a fire at a factory in Hyderabad that left six persons dead.
Telangana Transport Minister P Mahender Reddy has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
It was the first of such huge offering ever made by a state government after Independence in the country, to the 2,000-year-old hill shrine, richest in the world, the sources said.
At least four workers were killed and three went missing as fire broke out in an air cooler manufacturing unit here on Wednesday morning, police said.
Telangana Rashtra Samithi chief K Chandrasekhar Rao had vowed to make the offerings during the movement for separate Telangana state.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday greeted Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao on his birthday.
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Wednesday said he is willing for a dialogue on river water-related issues rather than fighting out in courts as he maintained the State would fully utilise its share of waters from Godavari and Krishna.
Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu today said BJP has no role to play in the political situation of Tamil Nadu.
A 35-year-old NRI working with the National Bank of Abu Dhabi, who had been missing from Falaknuma area since February 04, was found murdered and his body buried at an under-construction house in Bandlaguda area, police said on Friday.NRI working with the National Bank of Abu Dhabi, who had been missing from Falaknuma area since February 04, was found murdered and his body buried at an under-construction house in Bandlaguda area, police said on Friday.
The Telangana Government granted permission to set up 119 residential schools for the students belonging to the Backward Class.
In a shocking incident, a 13-year-old boy in Hyderabad, was allegedly sodomised by his four schoolmates for two months.
Pawan Kalyan, who campaigned extensively for TDP-BJP candidates in the 2014 elections, has been critical of the combine for its failure to fulfil the promise of SCS made to the state.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- International Yoga Day 2017: PM Modi leads celebrations in Lucknow
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Anil Kumble steps down as Team India head coach
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Watch: Record 5 lakh people do Yoga in Ahmedabad
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017 LIVE: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Delhi on high alert after Intelligence Bureau warns of London-style terror attack
- Virender Sehwag reacts on Anil Kumble's resignation, says Jumbo's shoes will be hard to fill
- Saudi family tax creates big financial burden for Indians; 100 riyals for each dependent per month
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain
- World must be prepared for an asteroid strike, warns scientist
- GST effect: AC, first class train fares to go up
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains now set for a makeover: Here is all you need to know
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Refrain from promoting GST or face protest: Congress' advice to Amitabh Bachchan
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Darjeeling unrest: Gorkhaland offers 12-hr window to schools to evacuate students, indefinite strike to continue