The Telangana government will shortly come out with e-wallet for cashless transactions across the state, Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao said on Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also paid tributes to India`s first home minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and the police martyrs.
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao and his wife performed the 'Griha Pravesam' (house warming) at 5.22 am.
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao is a Z+ security protectee and travels in "mine-proof" cars.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by an engineering student of a private college after she was made to consume liquor at a Hukkah centre in Ghatkesar area here, police said on Wednesday.
Demonetisation of high-value currency notes by the Centre has spelt windfall for the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) as it collected over Rs 160 crore in four days.
Telangana's revenues have taken a severe beating following the demonetisation move, and the state wants the Centre to compensate for this loss, a key leader of the ruling TRS said today.
In an unfortunate incident, a 21-year-old student of Amity University in Noida allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself at his hostel room.
The one-day bandh call given by the banned CPI (Maoist) in protest against the recent incidents of "exchange of fire" in Andhra-Odisha border (AOB) region had no impact in the left-wing extremism affected districts of Telangana, even as the police beefed up security.
A case has been registered against Aslam Khan under relevant sections.
In yet another sign of rapprochement between different camps in the Samajwadi Party, senior party leader Kiranmoy Nanda has endorsed Akhilesh Yadav as party's chief ministerial candidate for the upcoming assembly elections.
Nearly two-and-half years after it came into existence as India`s 29th state, Telangana`s map was redrawn on Tuesday with the creation of 21 new districts.
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will attend the inauguration of Siddipet district, carved out of Medak, his home turf.
As many as 21 new districts would come into existence in Telangana on the auspicious occasion of Vijaya Dasami tomorrow.
Telangana will see birth of 21 new districts on Tuesday, taking the total number of districts in India's youngest state to 31.
Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao would offer a golden crown worth Rs 3.70 crore to Goddess Bhadrakali in Warangal for fulfilling his vow on formation of separate Telangana state.
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao today said police department would be revamped as part of the proposed reorganisation of districts.
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday constituted a high-power committee to consider the demand for creating four new districts.
AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Wednesday said that if the Narendra Modi government is really concerned about the empowerment of Muslims, it should take concrete steps like providing reservation and demand-driven scholarships to the community.
The Railways have decided to run special air-conditioned trains between Hyderabad and Durgapura (Jaipur) from October 3 to cope with the festival season rush.
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday conducted an aerial survey of the flood-hit parts of Andhra Pradesh's Guntur district.
The by-election to fill a vacancy in the Telangana Legislative Council caused due to the resignation of state minister T Nageswara Rao would be held on October 17.
With heavy downpour pummelling Telangana over the past few days, authorities are keeping a watch on the flood situation even as over 1,000 villagers were evacuated in Karimnagar district.
The teams are in touch with the local administration and monitoring the situation round the clock, NDRF said.
At least eight people have so far lost their lives in rain-related incidents in Telangana's Medak district, with the army being deployed in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts for rescue operations, even as heavy showers continue to lash parts of the state on Sunday.
Out of ISIS clutches after nearly 14 months of his kidnapping while on his way to Tunisia`s airport to board a flight to India in July 2015, Professor CH. Balram has no words to express his happiness.
According to an IMD report, a low pressure area lies over Telangana, south Chhattisgarh and Vidarbha region.
There was no respite for flooded residential colonies in Alwal, Kukatpally, Miyapur, Nizampet and Begumpet as more rains lashed Hyderabad since Friday night.
Four persons were killed and six others injured in separate rain-related incidents in Medak district of Telangana, police said on Friday.
Authorities in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have sought help of Army for possible rescue operations as heavy rains continued to lash the two states for a second consecutive day on Friday, claiming at least eight innocent lives.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE