Mumbai: If you want to relish delicious Biryani and experience a slice of the Nizam culture then you must head to Hyderabad, the city that will take you back in time to the world of the Royals and at the same moment treat you with amenities of modern living.
The capital of the state of Telangana, Hyderabad has loads to offer to tourists from across the globe.
If you are planning to visit this city in the near future, here are a few things you must definitely do:
- Grab your plate of delicious Biryani by checking out popular restaurants like Hyderabad House, Shah Ghouse at Tolichowki, Paradise Biryani at hi-tech city... Shadab near High Court Road, opposite Madina Circle near Charminar. Thus you can treat your taste-buds and make the most of your trip to the city of Nizams. Hyderabad is indeed a paradise for hardcore non-vegetarians.
- If you visit Hyderabad but miss out on a date with Charminar’s Meena Bazar then your trip will be incomplete for sure. You can pick up souvenirs at reasonable rates here. The atmosphere here is crazy and it’s ridiculously crowded. But it is worth a visit because this place will make you feel like a true Hyderabadi. Shopkeepers may try to win your attention but you need to bargain if you truly wish to buy something.
- Do not buy pearls from shop that aren’t certified by the government because you may not know if they are real or fake. Visit government certified jewellery shops to take home pearl jewellery Hyderabad is famous for.
- Instead of hiring a private cab, take an auto to roam around the city. Most of the auto drivers are extremely friendly and co-operative. They treat out-station passengers with respect. A hearty chat with the auto-drivers will help you understand the city better.
- Do visit the Hussain Sagar lake, Lumbini Park, Birla Mandir, Chilkur Balaji Temple for sure.