The latest tussle between Chief Minister V Narayanasamy and Puducherry LG Kiran Bedi is over BJP leaders being inducted as MLAs on July 04.
In a relief to Arunachal Pradesh and Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Supreme Court on Wednesday relaxed the 500 metre cap on liquor vends across the national and state highways there.
Kiran Bedi has termed the protest as unnecessary as it would result in loss of several crore of revenue.
The Puducherry Government plans to approach the courts to settle the issue of powers of the CM of the Union Territory vis-a-vis the Lt Governor.
V Narayanasamy took strong exception to Kiran Bedi making field visits, calling meetings of officials at the Raj Nivas, holding meetings through video conferencing.
Puducherry government today said it proposed to offer cement at subsidised rates to low and middle-income groups people and name the scheme after Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Amit Shah's visit, according to BJP sources, is aimed at preparations for the 2019 General Elections.
Expressing confidence in the "adequate" security arrangements in the Andaman and Nicobar islands, a senior Indian Navy officer has said that the authorities should focus on developing the archipelago as a commercial hub.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has seized liquor worth over Rs 2.4 crore and three luxury cars after it conducted searches on a suspected liquor mafia here.
A Bharatiya Janata Party MP on Wednesday urged in the Rajya Sabha to change the name of Havelock island in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The woman is the niece of a former Congress MLA who lost in the recent Punjab Assembly Elections.
An earthquake measuring 5.9 on Richter Scale hit Nicobar Islands Region around 08:21 am on Tuesday.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands all set to get its first railway track.
The Puducherry unit of DMK today extended support to the bandh call given by various Tamil outfits seeking restoration of jallikattu and to ban PETA.
The government had recently come out with a specific circular that all payments to contractors, government employees would be only through banks and digital transactions.
The latest friction in the ties between Kiran Bedi and the Puducherry govt came after the former cancelled the Chief Minister's order banning the use of WhatsApp for official communication.
Former Puducherry agriculture minister VMC Sivakumar was hacked to death by an unidentified gang here on Tuesday, police said.
At least 190 teams of trained volunteers visited more than 25,000 households spread across Daman and Diu to apprise their members of the benefits of cashless transactions.
Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi has said that the territorial government's order to all departments to adopt digital transactions is a proof of its resolve to reduce corruption.
In a shot in the arm for BJP and Shiromani Akali Dal ahead of Punjab Assembly polls, their alliance today defeated Congress in Chandigarh municipal corporation election.
At least two United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) cadres have been neutralised by the Assam Rifles in an encounter in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Congress MLA Z Khikhonbou Newmai, representing Tamei constituency in Manipur, resigned from the Assembly and party on Wednesday.
The four-member legislature wing of the opposition AIADMK in Puducherry on Wednesday urged Sasikala, long time aide of former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, to take over the leadership of the party.
Havelock Island is the largest chain of Islands and is a famous tourist destination, and is located 40 km from the capital Port Blair.
The massive operation to rescue thousands of tourists stranded in Andaman and Nicobar's Havelock Island and Neil Island is currently underway after whether condition in the island showed some improvement.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh said that the government will launch the rescue operations in Andaman and Nicobar Islands immediately after the intensity of cyclone reduces.
Around 1,400 tourists are stranded at Havelock and Neil islands in the Andamans due to cyclonic weather conditions.
Havelock Island is the largest in the chain of islands that form the Ritchie's Archipelago and belongs to the Andamans.
Narayanasamy won the Nellipthope Assembly bypoll, by defeating his immediate AIADMK rival Om Sakthi Segar by a margin of 11,144 votes.
The by-election was held on Saturday following the resignation of Congress member John Kumar so that Narayanasamy could contest and continue as the Chief Minister.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- DNA: All you need to know about the President's Bodyguard
- Watch - Ram Nath Kovind's swearing-in ceremony as President
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Mumbai: Four-storey building collapses; at least 3 dead, many trapped
- DNA: People in Hyderabad join hands to repair road pits and potholes
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- After demitting Rashtrapati Bhavan, Pranab Mukherjee to occupy heritage bungalow in Lutyens’ Delhi
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you