BSP leader Md Shami who contested against 'Raja Bhaiya' shot dead in Allahabad
Allahabad: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Mohd Shami was shot dead by some bike-borne assailants here last night.
According to initial reports, the accused shot Shami near his house.
UP: BSP Leader Mohd Shami shot dead by bike borne assailants in Allahabad pic.twitter.com/0hpitOPwjl
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 20, 2017
Shami was a history sheeter.
In the recently concluded Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, Shami had contested against six times winner from the Kunda constituency Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias 'Raja Bhaiya'.
A case has been registered and the police is investigating the matter.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what