Here's the full list of Cabinet ministers in Yogi Adityanath govt in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)'s firebrand leader Yogi Adityanath took oath as Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister on Sunday afternoon along with a cavalry of ministers at Lucknow's Kanshiram Smriti Upvan.
The ceremony, held in the state capital, saw the swearing-in of 21 cabinet ministers, nine Ministers of State (MoS) with Independent Charge and 13 MoS.
Lucknow Mayor Dinesh Sharma and BJP Uttar Pradesh president Keshav Prasad Maurya were sworn-in as the deputy chief ministers of the state.
Here's a list of newly appointed UP Cabinet ministers from the BJP:
Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi
Siddharth Nath Singh
Mukut Bihari Verma
Rajendra Pratap Singh
Om Prakash Rajbhar
Laxmi Narayan Chaudhary
Dara Singh Chauhan
SP Singh Baghel
Surya Pratap Shahi
Rita Bahuguna Joshi
Leaders sworn-in as Minister of State with Independent Charge were:
Swatantra Dev Singh
Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary
Dharam Singh Saini
Leaders inducted as Ministers of State (MoS) were:
Girish Chandra Yadav
Jai Kumar Singh Jacky
Ranvendra Pratap Singh
Jai Prakash Nishad
Former cricketer Mohsin Raza was also sworn-in as Minister of State. Raza is the sole Muslim leader in Uttar Pradesh who found a position in Yogi Adityanath's Cabinet.
Yogi Adityanath, a five-time Lok Sabha MP from Gorakhpur, was unanimously elected the BJP Legislature Party leader at a meeting of the newly-elected MLAs in Lucknow last evening. He, later, met the Governor and staked claim to form the government in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what