Ramayana Museum in Ayodhya: UP CM Yogi Adityanath assures land will be allocated in 1 week
New Delhi: In a shot in the arm for the Narendra Modi-led government, newly-appointed Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday accepted the proposal to build a Ramayana Museum in Ayodhya.
Speaking to the reporters, Union Culture and Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma said, CM Yogi Adityanath, who visited the national capital today, assured him that land for the proposed Ramayana museum will be provided in a week's time.
Ahead of Uttar Pradesh Elections 2017, reports had suggested that a 25-acre plot has been identified for it, some 15 km away from the disputed Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid complex.
Sharma, during his visit to Ayodhya last year, had said the government has identified three circuits - Ramayana Circuit, Krishna Circuit and Buddhist Circuit - to boost religious tourism.
The museum has been planned as a part of the Ramayana Circuit for which the Centre earlier sanctioned Rs 225 crore, with Rs 151 crore exclusively for Ayodhya.
Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Pravin Togadia and RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat have time and again expressed hope for the construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court today said fresh attempts must be made by all parties concerned to find a solution to the Ayodhya Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute.
A bench headed by Chief Justice JS Khehar said that such religious issues can be solved through negotiations and offered to mediate to arrive at an amicable settlement.
Saying that negotiated settlement between the parties to the dispute was the best course, Chief Justice Khehar offered to act as a mediator provided that he would not hear the matter on the judicial side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users