Security in UP temples to be beefed up ahead of Navratra: Minister
Lucknow: Security in temples across Uttar Pradesh will be strengthened ahead of the Basant Navratra, UP minister Shrikant Sharma said on Tuesday.
"The security apparatus of all the temples, shaktipeeths and devalayas will be strengthened and their overall security enhanced," he told reporters at the airport here before leaving for Delhi.
Sharma also said the state government would make available all the basic and infrastructural facilities to pilgrims.
The facilities include provision of safe drinking water, electricity, cleanliness and sanitation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users