The high-power committee probing the Gorakhpur hospital tragedy today submitted its report to the Uttar Pradesh government.
Uttar Pradesh News
During the course of the investigation, it was found that the complainant had killed his father. He has confessed to his crime, the SP claimed.
Following the arrest, four stolen cars were recovered yesterday from an area near the Bhensi Cut on the Delhi- Dehradun national highway, SP (City) Ombir Singh said.
The court by a majority verdict has set aside the practice of divorce through triple talaq among Muslims, saying the it was void.
Utkal Express derailed near Khatauli in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district on Saturday evening, killing 22 people and injuring 156 others.
Over 20 lakh people have been hit by the current spell of floods in 24 districts of the state.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Monday said that there is no such thing as 'VIP' in a democracy, adding that the State Government's mantra is to develop each and every sector.
A man and his son were killed after being hit by a truck near Ambara village on Lalganj-Fatehpur road here, the police said on Monday.
The railways said on Monday traffic on the Meerut-Muzaffarnagar-Shaharanpur section in Uttar Pradesh where the Kalinga Utkal Express derailed has been restored.
The action against the eight officers came hours after Member (Traffic) of the Railway Board, Mohd Jamshed, indicated that negligence appeared to have caused the derailment.
Besides actions against these five officials, a general manager and a Railway Board member have also been “sent on leave”, the ANI news agency reported.
Total of 25 children from different prestigious schools had participated in the essay writing competition on the topic titled "A society without police".
At least 23 people were killed and over 40 others injured when 14 coaches of Puri-Haridwar-Kalinga Utkal Express derailed, with one of them crashing into a house adjacent to the track, in Khatauli in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district on Saturday.
Yogi Adityanath and Rajnath Singh on Sunday inaugurated NIA's regional office in Lucknow.
"The death toll in the floods has reached 69 in the state, where 2,523 villages in 24 districts are flooded affecting a population of over 20 lakh," the relief commissioner's office said here citing a flood report compiled till yesterday.
Thirteen coaches of the high-speed Utkal Express on Saturday jumped the rails near Khatauli in UP.
In yet another shocking incident, a minor girl in Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh was allegedly gang raped by a police constable and the village head.
At least 23 people were killed and over 50 others were injured after 14 coaches of Puri-Haridwar Kalinga Utkal Express derailed in the Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday evening.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday called the Utkal train derailment as 'unfortunate' and issued a direction to officials to give all possible assistance to injured passengers of the Express.
At least 23 people were killed and dozens of others were injured when 14 coaches of the express train derailed.
Several persons were injured after six coaches of the Kalinga-Utkal Express went off the tracks in Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar district on Saturday evening.
The Uttar Police on Saturday released helplines number in the wake of derailment of six coaches of the Kalinga-Utkal Express went off the tracks in Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar district of the state.
Six coaches of Puri-Haridwar-Kalinga Utkal Express were derailed in Muzaffarnagar's Khatauli on Saturday.
A police complaint against the accused was lodged this morning by Manoj Kashyap, who had contested the state Assembly polls earlier this year on a BJP ticket from Jalalabad.
A local court has issued non-bailable warrants against two BJP MLAs for not appearing in court in connection with a case of disrupting train services here.
Her family members lodged an FIR against the constable, the ASP said, adding that they also alleged that her father died of shock after hearing about the incident.
Miscreants pelted stones at the Dehradun-Delhi Shatabdi Express near Muzaffarnagar railway station here, damaging some window panes.
Uttar Pradesh government has suspended five revenue department employees for seeking bribe for the farm loan waiver scheme launched by it.
The Delhi police went into a tizzy after a duty officer in the police control room received the call on his landline number at 3 pm yesterday.
There are over 19,000 recognised and 560 aided madrassas in the state, he said, adding that the new portal will help in improving the quality of madrassa education.
- Chandigarh roads flood with monsoon water, 112 mm rains in 3 hours
- End of triple talaq will grant equality to Muslim women, says PM Modi
- Congress hails Supreme Court verdict on triple talaq
- PM Modi meets 13 Chief Ministers of BJP governed states
- SC grants bail to Lt Col Purohit in Malegaon blast case
- President Ram Nath Kovind presents National Flag to Ladakh's Scout Battalion
- Public, private sector should work together in healthcare sector, says FM Arun Jaitley
- US President Donald Trump slams Pakistan over terror safe havens
- Watch: Asaduddin Owaisi's opinion about Supreme Court verdict on triple talaq
- DNA: Analysing of a video of kid being treated cruelly while studying
- Triple Talaq verdict: These five women fought to abolish the practise
- DNA: Analysis on Muslim women who got freedom from Triple Talaq after 70 years
- DNA: Today In History, August 22, 2017
- DNA: Non Stop News, August 22, 2017
- Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) poll results 2017: As it happened
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Will Surya Grahan be visible in India?
- Supreme Court bars triple talaq, calls it 'unconstitutional'
- Doklam standoff: If Chinese troops enter India, there will be "utter chaos", says Beijing
- Delhi police arrests Siddharth Mehrotra, the thief who targeted netas, businessman to fund his luxurious life
- Survival is a distant dream for Assam man who has to go through life with 59-inch stomach
- SC sets aside triple talaq, terms it void and unconstitutional: As it happened
- This man’s funny pose and hilarious Twitter reactions will leave you in splits
- Beijing is back with a new anti-India video, wants to 'strengthen trust and manage disputes'
- August 21 total solar eclipse: Watch as ISS photo-bombed the sun and many more magical moments!
- Annabelle Creation: Woman screams in horror after watching spooky film – See VIDEO
- When Aishwarya Rai had agreed to work with former boyfriend Salman Khan
- AIADMK merger: As it happened
- Disha Patani's oops moment at LFW averted, thanks to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff!
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa