The Uttar Pradesh Assembly on Thursday passed a Rs 3,84,659.71 crore state budget for the fiscal 2017-2018 and the related appropriation Bill.
Uttar Pradesh News
Hours after Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar decided to part ways with his party's allies in the 'Grand Alliance', former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav took to popular networking website Twitter to share his reactions on the dramatic political developments in Bihar in pure Bollywood style.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Wednesday registered a case into the recovery of explosives in the Uttar Pradesh assembly earlier this month, an official said.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday said his government is fully committed to safeguarding the interest of home buyers and redressing their problems.
Two persons including a child were killed and seven others of a family were injured when a speeding car rammed into a divider on Yamuna Expressway, police said on Wednesday.
In UP, 41 people have died due to consumption of illicit liquor between January 2016 and June 2017.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5000 each on the convicts.
The petitioners had challenged the state government's order issued on July 7, providing that for academic session 2017-18, the students for AYUSH course would be taken on the basis of the merit list of the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET).
Three persons, including two brothers, were today sentenced to life by a court here for murdering a man and his son 14 years ago.
With the Presidential poll over, the BJP central leadership is now likely to take a call on getting Yogi Adityanath elected to UP Assembly by September.
The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment Board is yet to come up with fresh dates for exams for the post of Sub-Inspectors.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday arrested two more people in connection with its probe into Pakistan`s terror funding in the Kashmir Valley, officials said.
BJP MLA Raj Bala has claimed there was no "central place" in her constituency for such meetings, so the guest house be alloted to her in "public interest" and in the "best interest of democracy".
Apex industry lobby Assocham has urged Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to allow all state-run buses to move on from oil-based fuel to alternative and environment-friendly fuel like ethanol.
A teenage boy allegedly fled with Rs six lakhs kept in the cash counter of a bank here, police said on Tuesday.
A Central Bureau of Investigation court in Uttar Pradesh on Monday awarded the death sentence to accused Moninder Singh Pandher and Surinder Koli in the 20-year-old Pinki Sarkar murder case.
Uttar Pradesh businessman Sanjeev Gupta is a partner in prominent food chain Sagar Ratna.
After facing flak, the Uttar Pradesh government on Monday decided that there will be no separate lanes for VIPs at toll plazas in the state.
Instead of participating in the proceedings of the House, members of the Samajwadi Party, the BSP and the Congress sat in the Central Hall and ran a parallel "House".
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath`s government proposes to recruit more than 1.5 lakh police personnel in the next five years.
One person was killed and another seriously injured when their motorcycle was hit by a van near Jehagirabad.
The Centre released "Rs 496.84 crore (70 per cent)" during the period, of its due share, as against "Rs 162.20 crore (38 per cent)" allocated by the state.
A CBI court on Monday convicted businessman Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surender Koli to death in a Nithari serial rape and murder case.
The Comptroller and Auditor General has red-flagged shortage of ammunition for the UP Anti- Terrorist Squad.
BJP MLA Mathura Prasad Pal had recently come to the UP Assembly on a wheel chair to cast his vote in the presidential poll.
Adityanath said that over the last four months, his government had sensed a problem between the builders and buyers.
At least 21 people fell ill after consuming poisonous tea from a tea stall in Uttar Pradesh's Mirzapur district.
Nearly 24 Kawariyas along with four Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel and two police personnel were injured after a group of stone pelters attacked a number of devotees of Lord Shiva in Uttar Pradesh on Friday.
Four of the kawariyas were taken into custody and cases were registered against the others.
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- Cabinet reshuffle soon: JD(U) likely to get ministerial berths
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Zee News remains number 1 Hindi channel for 29th week
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- Watch: Drums being used to warn people about floods in Gujarat
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- Dr Subhash Chandra raises cable licensing issue in Parliament
- Ghatkopar: Death toll in Mumbai building collapse rises to 17
- Separatist leader Shabir Shah arrested for terror funding, to be presented before Delhi court today
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony: As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- 'Not a sign of healthy democracy': Mayawati on Nitish Kumar's JD(U) alliance with BJP
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Kapil Sharma Show: Sumona Chakravarti will NEVER work with Krushna Abhishek—Here's why
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you