Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated the people of Mubarakpur, a small village in Uttar Pradesh, for becoming free of open defecation.
Uttar Pradesh News
Santosh Singh was shot last night by some persons in Sahatwar area.
Ilaichi Devi (24) was yesterday rushed to a hospital after she consumed poison.
Struggling to regain lost ground after the near washout in the recent assembly elections with the BJP making deep inroads into their respective bastions, the SP and the BSP have found in the presidential election another opportunity to come on the same page.
At an event here, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath expressed concern over the declining sex ratio in the state and launched the 'Mukhbir Yojana' (Informer Scheme) aimed at arresting cases of female foeticide.
The Goondas Act and the Gangsters Act have been slapped on 1,035 such people, and action is being taken against them, the CM said.
Four arrested in the neighbouring Shamli district for "illegally slaughtering buffaloes".
The incident led to protests by locals.
Three wardens of district jail were suspended and departmental action was initiated against two others after a mobile phone and three sim cards were seized from the inmates.
An Election Commission team also took stock of the preparations and held meeting with Vidhan Sabha officials here last evening.
A married woman and her sister-in-law were allegedly set ablaze by family members in Anwla Ghat of Uttar Pradesh`s Moradabad district for marrying a man against their wishes.
"Intentions of the opposition are not honest towards Dalits, otherwise they would have fielded Kumar last time," Adityanath said.
A former village headman and his wife were killed after allegedly being ambushed by motorcycle-borne assailants on the NH 91 here.
All the were nominated by the previous Samajwadi Party government.
Announcing the new list of smart cities in Delhi, Naidu said 45 cities contested for the 40 available smart city slots but only 30 were selected to ensure their feasibility and workable plans.
The girl has been sent for medical examination and a case has been registered.
The party is also aiming a complete sweep in UP, as it plans to bag all the 80 Lok Sabha seats from the state, said UP BJP president and Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya.
The 'Power for All' pact was signed in the presence of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power Piyush Goyal.
An FIR was registered against four persons under various provisions of the IPC and the Uttar Pradesh Prevention of Cow Slaughter Act, a police official said.
Mayawati had said on Monday that her party was positive about the NDA nominating Kovind but wished the ruling alliance had named a non-political Dalit candidate for the top post.
"Clad in white kurta-pyjama, 34-year-old Naseer performed almost all the yoga asanas on the International Yoga Day yesterday, but abstained from singing national song 'Vande Mataram'.
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath on Thursday felicitated 147 students with Rs 1 lakh and a tablet computer each for their excellent performance in the board exams this year.
According to the primary information, the woman belongs to Gurugram and was in the Sohna area at around 8-8:30 pm when some people, driving a Swift car, dragged her inside and raped her.
The incident took place in Aligarh's Bheekamapur village.
The election for the next President of India is to be held on July 17. President Pranab Mukherjee will demit office on July 24.
"The roza-iftar programme which was scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled," Congress leader Dwijendra Tripathi told PTI.
Farmers under the banner of the Bhartiya Kisan Union performed 'shavasana' on the Lucknow-Barabanki Highway.
To make the third edition of International Yoga Day a grand success, PM Narendra Modi, UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and 51,000 participants will perform various yoga 'asanas' in Lucknow on Wednesday.
DJs, hockey sticks and tridents bigger than six inches will not be allowed to be carried by devotees during the annual 'kaanwar yatra' in Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand and the National Capital Region, an official said on Tuesday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, while addressing the three-day UP Yoga Mahotsava in Lucknow, had said that Surya Namaskar was similar to namaz offered by Muslims.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- DNA: Home BP machines giving wrong readings
- DNA: Today in History, June 24, 2017
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector, commando operation continues over 20 hours
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Sheep gives birth to 'half-human half-animal' lamb in South Africa
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions
- Jasprit Bumrah's fiery post makes Jaipur Traffic Police delete Tweet, issue clarification to Indian speedster
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch