The CBI has filed a chargesheet against former chief engineer of Noida Authority Yadav Singh and his family members.
Uttar Pradesh News
Uttar Pradesh government has ordered a judicial inquiry into the violence on the campus of the Banaras Hindu University, state Power Minister Shrikant Sharma announced on Tuesday.
75 year old businessman Rajendra Agarwal murdered in Ghaziabad, body found inside his showroom
Varanasi Commissioner on Tuesday blamed the administration of the BHU for the violence at the centrally recognised university recently.
Girish Chandra Tripathi, the Vice-Chancellor of the Banaras Hindu University, has categorically denied any police crackdown on girl students who were protesting against incidents of eve-teasing at the varsity.
He said that Modi and Shah have spoken to the Uttar Pradesh chief minister and asked him to redress the issue as soon as possible.
A newly married woman was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law and a tantrik on her wedding night, to ward off an evil eye cast on the husband and protect him from death.
The former UP chief minister, however, urged all Samajwadi leaders to unite and take on the “divisive forces”.
The UP govt on Monday removed senior police officials in connection with the alleged crackdown on protesting students at the BHU on Sunday.
All eyes are on veteran socialist leader Mulayam Singh Yadav, who is expected to make major announcements at a press conference in the state capital on Monday.
Mulayam is likely to announce a new outfit on Monday along with Lok Dal.
Violence erupted in BHU after some students, protesting against the alleged eve-teasing incident wanted to meet the VC.
Father of the deceased girl said that the accused man used to stalk his daughter regularly.
Focus is back on Gorakhpur and Phulpur in Uttar Pradesh after Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya resigned as MPs from the parliamentary constituencies on their election to the Legislative Council.
Hours after she accused two men of abducting and raping her inside a car, the 25-year-old woman told police that she had filed a fake complaint of rape out of anger.
The Uttar Pradesh Police on Saturday registered a case against two people after a woman was allegedly gang-raped in a moving car in the city on Friday.
"We`re looking into the reason why she made the rape allegation and will take action against her," the officer said.
In a shocking incident, two women were allegedly gang-raped in Noida and Ghaziabad on Friday.
In his address, party leader Ram Gopal Yadav cautioned party workers that if in 2019, the Narendra Modi government returns to power at the Centre, there may not be any elections in the future.
On September 19, as Faheem left the bank having withdrawn nearly Rs 97,500, the accused followed him on a two-wheeler to the outskirts of the city.
A Class 5 student allegedly committed suicide at his home in the Shahpur area in Gorakhpur after he was “punished” by his class teacher.
A 12-year-old boy in Uttar pradesh was found dead on railway tracks in connection with the deadly online game Blue Whale, alleged his friend.
PM Modi said that the Pashudhan Arogya Mela will benefit the farmers across the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday inaugurated 17 projects in his parliamentary constituency Varanasi and `digitally` laid the foundation stone of six other projects.
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two men, one of them the son of the village head, at Kant area here, the police said on Friday.
According to District magistrate G S Priyadarshi, the accused identified as Dilshad alias Bhaji Sher was booked yesterday, taking the number of detainees in the case to five.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday reached his Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi, during which he inaugurate several infrastructure projects and addressed public meetings.
Two additional district judges have been appointed as observers at the Babri Masjid- Ram Janambhoomi site in Ayodhya by the Allahabad High Court.
Abandoned by her family, an elderly and wrinkled woman lies crumpled on a hospital bed here, maggots falling off one of her decaying hands.
The CBI on Thursday arrested former Odisha judge Ishrat Masroor Quddusi along with five others in connection with an alleged corruption case involving a Lucknow-based medical college.
- Doklam standoff: China deploys over 12,000 troops in Chumbi Valley
- Pak's nuclear weapons at risk of being stolen by terrorists: US scientists
- Army foils infiltration bid in Uri, terrorist killed
- Watch: James Mattis, Nirmala Sitharaman speak at India-US joint press briefing
- Honeypreet files anticipatory bail plea, claims threat to life
- Govt failed to fulfill any of its promises in 3 years of reign: Mulayam Singh
- India exercises right to reply, slams Pak at UN after Maleeha Lodhi's goof-up
- Haryana police raids locations across Delhi in search of Honeypreet Insan
- TMC MP Mukul Roy to quit party post Durga Puja
- Iqbal Kaskar confirms brother Dawood Ibrahim lives in Karachi
- Dawood Ibrahim funded Zakir Naik's NGO, reveals Iqbal Kaskar
- Graves of 28 hindus collectively found in Myanmar
- India should welcome Rohingya refugees, says BJP leader Varun Gandhi
- BHU violence: Varanasi commissioner questions varsity administration, say sources
- Ousted Pak PM Nawaz Sharif to have a hard time ahead, says political analyst
- 41-year-old woman detained at passport control for being 'too young'
- Newton for Oscars: Priyanka Chopra and mother Madhu Chopra upset over film's entry?
- Donald Trump once wanted to have sex with Princess Diana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi retweets Sachin Tendulkar, Twitter goes beserk
- Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor NYC photo frenzy: Bollywood stands up in defence
- Karunanidhi is well, rumours of death are completely false, say DMK leaders
- This Twitter convo between Kumar Sangakkara and Hardik Pandya is pure gold
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world's heaviest woman, passes away
- Honeypreet also 'raped' by Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh at Dera, claims follower
- 'China used loudspeakers, tanks to bully India, Bhutan during Doklam standoff'
- US reveals 9 secret locations housing Pakistan's nuclear weapons, raises 'takeover' alarm
- Designed to last 6 months, India's Mangalyaan completes 3 years in Mars orbit
- India, US hit out at 'terror safe haven' Pakistan in joint statement
- PM Modi pushes electricity for all with Rs 16,000 cr Saubhagya Scheme
- Dengue, chikungunya, malaria, flu – Here's your guide to tackle infections head-on!