The Home Ministry is likely to hand over the Kanpur train derailment case to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday, sources said.
Uttar Pradesh News
In a tragic incident, at least 28 children killed were and many injured, after a school bus collided with a lorry in Uttar Pradesh's Etah district on Thursday.
The Samajwadi Party led by Akhilesh Yadav is expected to seal an alliance with the Congress for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections, reports said on Thursday.
With the Samajwadi Party and Congress are engaged in finalising the nitty-gritty of a pre-poll alliance in Uttar Pradesh, posters have appeared at several places in the city depicting Rahul Gandhi as Lord Krishna and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav as Arjuna on a chariot.
An FIR was on Wednesday registered against controversial BJP leader Sangeet Som and two others for violating the poll code by screening a documentary containing parts of his speech related to the Dadri lynching case and his arrest during the Muzaffarnagar riots.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday issued an order to re-induct nine expelled Samajwadi Party leaders into the party.
The BJP on Wednesday petitioned Election Commission seeking immediate mass transfer of senior police officials, including some IPS officers, from their respective district headquarters fearing their presence might vitiate free and fair polling.
Mulayam Singh Yadav has given a list of 38 candidates to Akhilesh for the upcoming Assembly polls, Lok Dal national president Sunil Singh said.
Since the demonetisation order came on November 8 last year, the cash deposit in old currencies should necessarily have been undertaken by November 20.
Shivpal Yadav, Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh's younger brother who was in the centre of a bitter feud in Uttar Pradesh' first family, is not disheartened after the Election Commission allotted the party symbol 'cycle' to his estranged nephew and the young Chief Minister of the state, Akhilesh.
Punjab has witnessed the maximum seizure of drugs worth Rs 1.78 crore.
The Bihar Police on Tuesday pointed to the involvement of Pakistan's notorious spy agency Inter Services Intelligence in the recent train mishaps including Ajmer-Sialdah Express derailment near Kanpur.
A caveat has been filed by SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav and others owing allegiance to Akhilesh pleading that no order be passed without hearing them.
BSP`s expelled Sahibabad MLA Amar Pal Sharma has made a shocking revelations that he was ousted from the party because he had declined to pay Rs 8 crore to party supremo Mayawati for the party ticket in the upcoming polls.
During the father-son meeting, a list was handed over to the young Chief Minister by his father.
The notification for the first phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections was issued on Tuesday.
Putting to rest all speculations about a possible alliance between his party and the ruling Samajwadi Party, senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad on Tuesday said that the two parties will contest the upcoming assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh together.
"This is a big responsibility, now our full focus will be on forming government again."
Dealing a severe blow to Mulayam Singh Yadav, the Election Commission (EC) on Monday gave the symbol 'cycle' to the faction headed by Akhilesh Yadav.
A First Information Report (FIR) was lodged against AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Tuesday for violating the Model Code of Conduct in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh.
With the Election Commission allotting the Samajwadi Party symbol `cycle` to the Akhilesh Yadav-led faction, senior Advocate Kapil Sibal, who represented Akhilesh before the poll panel, said the Mulayam Singh Yadav-led faction lost the claim as they did not follow the panel`s direction.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav enjoys "overwhelming majority support" of legislators and party delegates, the Election Commission held on Monday while allocating the Samajwadi Party election symbol 'Cycle' to him.
Congress leader Sheila Dikshit on Monday congratulated Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on the Election Commission allotting the 'Bicycle' symbol to his faction of the Samajwadi Party amid indication that talks were on between the two parties for an alliance for the upcoming polls.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday congratulated her Uttar Pradesh counterpart Akhilesh Yadav, saying he "deserved" the Samajwadi Party`s cycle symbol.
Lance Naik Yagya Pratap, who had uploaded a video talking about some jawans allegdly being made to do menial duties in the Army, has been shifted to Bareilly Military Hospital after he abstained from food and was showing "aggressive behaviour".
The Election Commission recognised the faction led by Akhilesh Yadav as the Samajwadi Party and allotted it the 'cycle' symbol.
A flying squad, including officials from UP police and the election commission has seized nearly Rs 6 lakh in cash and a large amount of jewellery, in multiple raids here ahead of the Assembly elections in the state.
Congress today hailed as "judicious" the Election Commission's decision to grant the 'Biycle' symbol to the Akhilesh Yadav faction of the Samajwadi Party ahead of the Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh.
Senior Congress leader and former Uttarakhand PCC president Yashpal Arya, who on Monday joined the BJP, said he quit the grand old party with a "heavy heart".
A virtually sidelined Samajwadi Party veteran Mulayam Singh Yadav is not left with much options after the Election Commission allotted the party symbol 'cycle' to his son and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday.
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- DNA : What is the reason behind increasing difference between rich and poor?
- PM Narendra Modi makes 14 key points in his speech at Raisina Dialogue - Watch video
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' campaign
- Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt takes Re1 as dowry from wife's family
- 25 children selected for National Bravery Awards 2016
- DNA : Journey of "Sonam Wangchuk", Man who took education to level new heights in Laddakh
- Punjab BJP chief Vijay Sampla denies report of resignation
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Which is your favourite: Virat Kohli's jab or MS Dhoni's helicopter shot — VIDEO
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach
- This Kashmiri IAS officer’s Facebook post on `Dangal` girl Zaira Wasim’s situation is going viral – Read here
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- Viral video: She was walking wearing sleeveless top and jeans — Know what happened next
- WATCH: Najibullah Zadran's 'ridiculous shot' which went for a six is killing the Internet
- Stress – This is how your key body systems react
- Nokia 6 to go on sale from January 19; gets over 1 million registrations