Over 57 percent voting was recorded during the fifth phase of Uttar Pradesh elections on Monday.
Uttar Pradesh News
"The SP and the BSP have realised that they have no chance of winning and so they have launched a new game ...no one should get majority," he said.
In a bid to garner support for BJP in UP Assembly Elections, PM Narenda Modi addressed a public rally in state's Mau district.
At least 20 children and the driver of the school bus they were travelling in were today injured after the vehicle overturned in Rasoolabad in Kanpur Dehat district.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said after the poll results on March 11, BJP would celebrate "Vijayi Holi".
The issue of division of Uttar Pradesh has once again bounced back to the centre stage of state politics with BSP supremo Mayawati raking up the issue that had been lying dormant in the polls till now.
With an alarming rise in fatal accidents on the Rs 13,000 crore ($2 billion), 165-km long Yamuna Expressway -- 548 in 5 years -- questions are again being raised on its flawed design and the suitability of concrete roads to Indian environmental conditions.
Huge quantity of explosives were recovered from the residence of an ex-serviceman during a raid in Patraha village in the district.
A constable of the Uttar Pradesh Police was arrested for allegedly abducting a girl in Khagoli town of the district.
The Delhi High Court on Monday dismissed the parole plea of gangster-turned-politician and Mau MLA Mukhtar Ansari.
The fifth phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections for 51 seats spread across 12 districts was held today.
A 35-year-old man, who was a witness in a case, was shot dead at Lilaon village in neighbouring Shamli district.
Samajwadi Party leader Gayatri Prajapati on Monday expressed confidence and said that he will again siphon a win from his constituency.
Brisk polling is reported from most of the 51 constituencies where elections are underway amid tight security in the fifth phase of polling in Uttar Pradesh on Monday, a poll officer said.
Over 1.84 crore voters will on Monday exercise their franchise to decide the fate of 617 candidates in 51 constituencies during the fifth phase of the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
UP Minister Vijay Mishra, Lucknow, Assmebly polls, Akhilesh Yadav
SP patron Mulayam Singh Yadav has punctured the 'cycle', while Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's feuding uncle Shivpal has broken its chain.
Polling for Alapur Assembly seat was postponed till the 9th of next month following the death of a Samajwadi Party candidate
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said the alliance between the Congress and Samajwadi Party is a tie-up between two youngsters.
Union Minister Manoj Singh on Sunday said he is not in the race for chief ministership in Uttar Pradesh.
The SP-Congress tie-up is an alliance between two youngsters which would change the course of politics both at the national and state levels, SP chief and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said on Sunday.
The sensitive Terai region close to the foothills of Nepal and parts of eastern Uttar Pradesh are ready for the fifth phase of polling tomorrow in 51 Assembly constituencies spread across 11 districts.
A woman, said to be mentally disturbed, was found lying dead close to a skeleton in her house here on Saturday, police said.
A man was arrested and 369 cartons of illegal liquor, worth Rs 25 lakh, smuggled from Haryana were seized at Yamuna bridge checkpost in Kairana of Shamli district, police said on Sunday.
Responding to the FIR lodged against him for violating the poll code, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Uttar Pradesh Chief Keshav Prasad Maurya on Sunday defended himself saying that he simply `forgot` to take off the party symbol from his coat before casting the poll.
All political parties tried to put their best in the last round of campaigning, with CM Akhilesh Yadav, BSP chief Mayawati and senior BJP leaders seeking votes for their respective candidates.
The Uttar Pradesh government has covered the word "Samajwadi" written on 1,488 ambulances under its 'Samajwadi Swasthya Seva' initiative as per the directive of the Election Commission.
Union Minister Smriti Irani on Saturday cited a media report to claim that diaries seized during an IT raid on a Congress leader in Karnataka had mention of 'RG' and sought to know whom it refers to.
BSP supremo Mayawati on Saturday warning the people of Uttar Pradesh from falling for their promises made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah as they were dreaming of harming the state after winning the elections.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday accused Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav of shattering the dreams of his father Mulayam Singh Yadav by forging a poll alliance with the Congress.
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- UP polls: Development meaningless without Ram Mandir, says BJP's Vinay Katiyar
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- ABVP stages flag march from Ramjas College to DU's Faculty of Arts
- UP: At least 20 children injured as school bus overturns in Kanpur
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy