Congress President Sonia Gandhi, who has not campaigned for the Uttar Pradesh assembly polls this time due to ill health, on Thursday in a video message appealed to the people of Amethi and Rae Bareli to vote for the party.
Uttar Pradesh News
Over 61 percent voters exercised their franchise on Thursday in the fourth phase elections to the Uttar Pradesh Assembly.
Hitting out at Amit Shah for 'KASAB' remark, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today accused BJP leaders of coining petty acronyms for the fear of defeat in the the Assembly polls.
Samajwadi Party expelled party rebel Aman Mani Tripathi for contesting as an Independent against its official candidate for the ongoing Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017.
BJP chief Amit Shah said on Thursday that his party would win 300+ seats in UP.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi today accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of resorting to the politics of hatred in face of SP-Congress combine challenges to the BJP in the ongoing UP assembly polls.
Rahul Gandhi and Akhilesh Yadav will hold a joint roadshow in Varanasi on February 27.
After the formation of the Narendra Modi government at the Centre, the Indian Army's morale got a massive boost and is now at an all time high, BJP chief Amit Shah said on Thursday.
The body of a Muslim cleric, who was missing since Monday, was found hanging from a tree at Kheri Karmu village in Shamli district.
"I can understand if you attack Modi or BJP but you are now targeting a donkey?"
Police have registered a case against the chairman of a local college and the branch manager of a public sector bank here for misappropriation of Rs 65 lakh from a government fund.
A local court has convicted an undertrial prisoner and sentenced him to one-year imprisonment for possessing drugs inside the district jail here.
Voting continued on a brisk note in all 12 assembly seats in the district with 21.22 per cent voters having exercised their franchise by 11 AM amid tight security.
In a scathing attack at Samajwadi Party, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday alleged that the Uttar Pradesh government has done nothing but only involved in advertisement.
With the voting for the fourth phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly election begun on 53 constituencies, Villagers in Fatehpur`s Khaga boycott polling over developmental issues.
The bookies believe the emotive issues work better in elections.
The son of a Samajwadi Party (SP) candidate was shot and seriously injured in Uttar Pradesh's Mahoba district on Thursday morning, police said.
The anniversary celebrations of one of the largest temples here -- the land of Lord Krishna -- saw thousands of devotees performing aarti on Wednesday.
Amethi goes to polls in the fifth phase on February 27.
The alliance between Samajwadi Party and Congress is a "thag bandhan" (coalition of cheats), Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said today.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav will address a public meeting in favour of party colleague and rape accused Gayatri Prajapati, who is contesting from Amethi.
BJP MP Subramanian Swamy has claimed that BJP is now gaining in UP Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in the party campaign.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Wednesday appealed to the electorate of Uttar Pradesh to get mukti from 'Kasab' for the betterment of the state.
In an attempted case of honour killing, a couple were shot at and seriously injured in Shamli district on Wednesday.
The fourth phase polling in Uttar Pradesh will be held tomorrow in 53 Assembly constituencies spread over 12 districts, including the backward Bundelkhand region and the Nehru-Gandhi pocket borough of Rae Bareli.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi has written a personal letter to the people of her Lok Sabha constituency – Raebareli – explaining reasons for her absence from campaigning in the poll-bound state of Uttar Pradesh.
Lalu Prasad is not taken seriously by anyone, Union minister Radha Mohan Singh said today, rejecting the RJD supremo's demand to probe the health condition of former Prime Minister A B Vajpayee.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is being targeted as he comes from a poor family, Union minister Uma Bharti said today and lashed out at the political rivals for accusing him of being "intolerant".
Midway through the seven-round polls, cracks seem to have appeared in the much-talked about Samajwadi Party and Congress alliance even as most senior party leaders remain tight-lipped and refused to divulge anything.
Fifty-three constituencies will see polling on Thursday in the fourth phase of staggered assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days