A Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Wednesday issued an arrest warrant against senior Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan, in connection with suspension of a Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam engineer.
Uttar Pradesh News
Voters should be able to control the political narrative in the country rather than being part of it only once in five years, BJP MP Varun Gandhi today said, asserting the right to recall is an idea whose time has come.
Sounding highly confident of the outcome of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections in favour of BJP, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said the debate is now whether BJP will get two-third or three-fourth majority.
West Bengal Government`s investigation against BJP`s women wing leader Juhi Chowdhury`s involvement in child trafficking case.
The 16-year-old girl, who was allegedly sexually assaulted and her mother repeatedly gang- raped by UP minister Gayatri Prajapati and his aides, has been left scarred and lives in constant fear for life.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday took jibes at economists who criticised demonetisation.
Doubting the West Bengal Government`s investigation against BJP`s women wing leader Juhi Chowdhury`s involvement in child trafficking case.
BJP chief Amit Shah had coined the acronym matching the name of terrorist Ajmal Kasab - one of the perpetrators of 26/11 Mumbai attack.
The minority cell of the BJP worked overtime to establish close contact with Muslim voters, but when it came to giving tickets to them in the UP Assembly polls, it was a different story.
Gayatri Prajapati was last seen in Amethi, where he is contesting on the Samajwadi Party ticket in the ongoing Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections.
Did the ruling Samajwadi Party score a clean sweep in the 2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections that catapulted the party to its place of pride?
UP BJP chief Keshav Prasad Maurya today expelled three party officials for six years, allegedly for carrying out anti-party activities and contesting elections against the party's official candidates.
The Enforcement Directorate is probing the deposit of Rs 104 crore into BSP account.
Over 57 percent voting was recorded during the fifth phase of Uttar Pradesh elections on Monday.
"The SP and the BSP have realised that they have no chance of winning and so they have launched a new game ...no one should get majority," he said.
In a bid to garner support for BJP in UP Assembly Elections, PM Narenda Modi addressed a public rally in state's Mau district.
At least 20 children and the driver of the school bus they were travelling in were today injured after the vehicle overturned in Rasoolabad in Kanpur Dehat district.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said after the poll results on March 11, BJP would celebrate "Vijayi Holi".
The issue of division of Uttar Pradesh has once again bounced back to the centre stage of state politics with BSP supremo Mayawati raking up the issue that had been lying dormant in the polls till now.
With an alarming rise in fatal accidents on the Rs 13,000 crore ($2 billion), 165-km long Yamuna Expressway -- 548 in 5 years -- questions are again being raised on its flawed design and the suitability of concrete roads to Indian environmental conditions.
Huge quantity of explosives were recovered from the residence of an ex-serviceman during a raid in Patraha village in the district.
A constable of the Uttar Pradesh Police was arrested for allegedly abducting a girl in Khagoli town of the district.
The Delhi High Court on Monday dismissed the parole plea of gangster-turned-politician and Mau MLA Mukhtar Ansari.
The fifth phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections for 51 seats spread across 12 districts was held today.
A 35-year-old man, who was a witness in a case, was shot dead at Lilaon village in neighbouring Shamli district.
Samajwadi Party leader Gayatri Prajapati on Monday expressed confidence and said that he will again siphon a win from his constituency.
Brisk polling is reported from most of the 51 constituencies where elections are underway amid tight security in the fifth phase of polling in Uttar Pradesh on Monday, a poll officer said.
Over 1.84 crore voters will on Monday exercise their franchise to decide the fate of 617 candidates in 51 constituencies during the fifth phase of the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
UP Minister Vijay Mishra, Lucknow, Assmebly polls, Akhilesh Yadav
SP patron Mulayam Singh Yadav has punctured the 'cycle', while Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's feuding uncle Shivpal has broken its chain.
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Sedition case: Delhi Police has evidence to charge JNU students Umar Khalid, Anirban
- I&B Minister Venkaiah Naidu targets Rahul Gandhi over tweet on Gurmehar Kaur
- Andhra Pradesh: Bus accident in Krishna district kills 6, many injured
- Was Javed Akhtar's tweet emphasizing the literacy quotient of sports persons justified?
- PM Modi greets Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on his birthday
- AISA supporters stage 'Save DU' flag march; Miranda House students protest against ABVP, AISA
- UP polls: PM Modi to address rallies in Maharajganj and Deoria
- Specially designed indigenous 'Antimine shoes' to detect land mines
- Ramjas college clash: DU students file PIL in Delhi HC seeking action against cops
- Donald Trump condemns killing of Indian engineer in Kansas
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- JNU case: Delhi Police has evidence to nail Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya, 7 others
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Virender Sehwag breaks silence over viral tweet, says it wasn't meant for Kargil martyr's daughter
- Note ban: PM Narendra Modi takes a dig at Amartya Sen, says `hard work more powerful than Harvard`
- After Yogeshwar Dutt, Phogat family slams Javed Akhtar for 'hardly literate wrestler' jibe
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership subscription at Rs 99 starts from today – Check out the full tariff chart
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Is it right to support someone who doesn't support the nation? Asks Babita Phogat
- DSGMC Elections 2017 Results: SAD (Badal) emerges as clear winner, says Congress, AAP rejected
- Kansas shooting: White House breaks silence days after Indian techie's killing, says `early reports` are disturbing
- Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' trailer: WATCH the most fierce avatar of Amitabh Bachchan
- David Warner's 'one-word description' of Indian skipper Virat Kohli will make ever Indian proud