According to a complaint filed by the Congress leader, his son Kapil Sharma was returning home after dropping his friend at Greater Noida last night.
Uttar Pradesh News
Thakur Jaiveer Singh's nephew Upendra Singh `Neetu`, the district panchayat chief of Aligarh, also joined the saffron camp on Saturday.
According to district Basic Shiksha Adhikari, Chander Kesh Yadav, directions have been issued to the officials to arrange teachers from others schools, which are closed due to the strike.
In a jolt to Akhilesh Yadav, Samajwadi Party MLC and Rashtriya Shia Samaj founder Bukkal Nawab resigned from the party on Saturday.
The incident took place late night when seven members of a family were sleeping on the second floor of their house and the roof collapsed on them.
The pilgrims had stopped at a roadside eatery when the oil tanker from Agra hit them.
The Uttar Pradesh Assembly on Thursday passed a Rs 3,84,659.71 crore state budget for the fiscal 2017-2018 and the related appropriation Bill.
Hours after Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar decided to part ways with his party's allies in the 'Grand Alliance', former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav took to popular networking website Twitter to share his reactions on the dramatic political developments in Bihar in pure Bollywood style.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Wednesday registered a case into the recovery of explosives in the Uttar Pradesh assembly earlier this month, an official said.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday said his government is fully committed to safeguarding the interest of home buyers and redressing their problems.
Two persons including a child were killed and seven others of a family were injured when a speeding car rammed into a divider on Yamuna Expressway, police said on Wednesday.
In UP, 41 people have died due to consumption of illicit liquor between January 2016 and June 2017.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5000 each on the convicts.
The petitioners had challenged the state government's order issued on July 7, providing that for academic session 2017-18, the students for AYUSH course would be taken on the basis of the merit list of the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET).
Three persons, including two brothers, were today sentenced to life by a court here for murdering a man and his son 14 years ago.
With the Presidential poll over, the BJP central leadership is now likely to take a call on getting Yogi Adityanath elected to UP Assembly by September.
The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment Board is yet to come up with fresh dates for exams for the post of Sub-Inspectors.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday arrested two more people in connection with its probe into Pakistan`s terror funding in the Kashmir Valley, officials said.
BJP MLA Raj Bala has claimed there was no "central place" in her constituency for such meetings, so the guest house be alloted to her in "public interest" and in the "best interest of democracy".
Apex industry lobby Assocham has urged Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to allow all state-run buses to move on from oil-based fuel to alternative and environment-friendly fuel like ethanol.
A teenage boy allegedly fled with Rs six lakhs kept in the cash counter of a bank here, police said on Tuesday.
A Central Bureau of Investigation court in Uttar Pradesh on Monday awarded the death sentence to accused Moninder Singh Pandher and Surinder Koli in the 20-year-old Pinki Sarkar murder case.
Uttar Pradesh businessman Sanjeev Gupta is a partner in prominent food chain Sagar Ratna.
After facing flak, the Uttar Pradesh government on Monday decided that there will be no separate lanes for VIPs at toll plazas in the state.
Instead of participating in the proceedings of the House, members of the Samajwadi Party, the BSP and the Congress sat in the Central Hall and ran a parallel "House".
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath`s government proposes to recruit more than 1.5 lakh police personnel in the next five years.
One person was killed and another seriously injured when their motorcycle was hit by a van near Jehagirabad.
The Centre released "Rs 496.84 crore (70 per cent)" during the period, of its due share, as against "Rs 162.20 crore (38 per cent)" allocated by the state.
A CBI court on Monday convicted businessman Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surender Koli to death in a Nithari serial rape and murder case.
- Watch - Bike riders swept away with flood water in West Bengal
- Bihar Assembly trust vote: Some Congress MLAs may back Nitish Kumar
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Indian women's cricket team
- Watch : 2-storey building collapses in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat floods: Death toll rises to 123
- Shehbaz Sharif likely to succeed Nawaz Sharif as Pakistan PM
- Watch: Akshay Kumar hails Indian Women's Cricket Team
- Terror funding case: NIA to seek court's consent for polygraph test on Separatist leaders
- Who is behind terror funding in Kashmir?
- Dawood Ibrahim may be behind terror funding in Kashmir: NIA sources
- Panama Papers case: Nawaz Sharif found guilty, sacked as Pakistan PM
- CM Nitish Kumar to expand Bihar cabinet today
- Rajya Sabha MP Dr Subhash Chandra's speech at Governor House in Shimla - Watch
- Himachal Pradesh Governor honours Rajya Sabha MP Dr Subhash Chandra
- Vande Mataram row: Chaos witnessed in Maharashtra Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal asked me to use abusive words: Ram Jethmalani tells Arun Jaitley
- Jab Harry Met Sejal: Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma head to Dubai for promotions- See pic
- Bollywood actor Inder Kumar suffers heart attack, passes away at 43
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- Bharti Singh to quit 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- High speed rail running at 100 km/h to connect Delhi with cities in UP, Haryana, Rajasthan
- Panama Papers case: Pakistan's Supreme Court disqualifies PM Nawaz Sharif
- Govt likely to extend July 31 deadline for filing income tax returns
- ITR filing 2017: Attention last minute tax filers! Know about key changes made by govt this year
- Will launch nuclear strike against China if President Donald Trump orders: US Navy Admiral Scott Swift
- Will Nitish Kumar's 'ghar wapsi' in NDA help BJP in Rajya Sabha? Here are the numbers
- Britain plans to send warship to South China Sea in move likely to irk Beijing
- French lawmakers approve law banning nepotism
- Modi govt to detect tax evaders via information from Instagram, Facebook post
- Nitish Kumar wins floor test in Bihar; Modi-led NDA goes strong in 18 Indian states