A Central Bureau of Investigation court in Uttar Pradesh on Monday awarded the death sentence to accused Moninder Singh Pandher and Surinder Koli in the 20-year-old Pinki Sarkar murder case.
Uttar Pradesh News
Uttar Pradesh businessman Sanjeev Gupta is a partner in prominent food chain Sagar Ratna.
After facing flak, the Uttar Pradesh government on Monday decided that there will be no separate lanes for VIPs at toll plazas in the state.
Instead of participating in the proceedings of the House, members of the Samajwadi Party, the BSP and the Congress sat in the Central Hall and ran a parallel "House".
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath`s government proposes to recruit more than 1.5 lakh police personnel in the next five years.
One person was killed and another seriously injured when their motorcycle was hit by a van near Jehagirabad.
The Centre released "Rs 496.84 crore (70 per cent)" during the period, of its due share, as against "Rs 162.20 crore (38 per cent)" allocated by the state.
A CBI court on Monday convicted businessman Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surender Koli to death in a Nithari serial rape and murder case.
The Comptroller and Auditor General has red-flagged shortage of ammunition for the UP Anti- Terrorist Squad.
BJP MLA Mathura Prasad Pal had recently come to the UP Assembly on a wheel chair to cast his vote in the presidential poll.
Adityanath said that over the last four months, his government had sensed a problem between the builders and buyers.
At least 21 people fell ill after consuming poisonous tea from a tea stall in Uttar Pradesh's Mirzapur district.
Nearly 24 Kawariyas along with four Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel and two police personnel were injured after a group of stone pelters attacked a number of devotees of Lord Shiva in Uttar Pradesh on Friday.
Four of the kawariyas were taken into custody and cases were registered against the others.
Police had discovered 19 skeletons from Moninder Singh Pandher's house in Nithari in Noida on December 29, 2006.
The incident took place at a government hospital in Rampur district's Tanda on Friday.
As he complained of cardiac distress, he was rushed to the Civil hospital but he collapsed.
In the next three to five years, one ITI would be opened in all the districts of the state.
After a long battle with cancer, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Mathura Prasad Pal died on Saturday in Mathura.
A jeweler Sarvendra Pandey on Friday was robbed of cash worth Rs. 20 lakh and later shot by unidentified men in Hardoi district.
The apex court questioned Swamy`s role in the matter and said it did not have the time to hear the plea."What is your locus standi in the case? We didn`t know that you are a party to the case.
The Supreme Court on Friday said that it will soon decide on early hearing of batch of petitions including cross appeals in the Ram Temple Babri Masjid land dispute case.
This comes a month after an FIR was lodged at the Gomti Nagar police station against eight engineers of the Uttar Pradesh Irrigation Department in connection with alleged financial anomalies in the project.
"BSP supremo Mayawati is unable to digest the results of 2014 Lok Sabha elections and 2017 UP Assembly elections. People of UP have grossly rejected partisan and communal politics. They are looking forward to progress and development of the state," UP BJP spokesperson Rakesh Tripathi said.
"The other 12 staffers, including seven teachers and an accountant, were dismissed yesterday. They were found responsible in an inquiry into the forced stripping of the girls to check if they were menstruating ," he said.
NDA candidate Ram Nath Kovind was on Thursday elected the 14th President of India.
The woman, who married the accused a few years ago, told police that her husband raped her 18-year-old daughter from her first marriage.
The kanwariyas or Lord Shiva devotees were taking rest under the shed of an abandoned petrol pump in Muzaffarnagar's Khatauli area when lightning struck and the shed collapsed, burying many.
The accused and his parents have been arrested and the woman hospitalised, they said.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- After demitting Rashtrapati Bhavan, Pranab Mukherjee to occupy heritage bungalow in Lutyens’ Delhi
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA
- Birth certificate no longer mandatory for passport; PAN card, Aadhaar, driving license will suffice