The court by a majority verdict has set aside the practice of divorce through triple talaq among Muslims, saying the it was void.
Uttar Pradesh News
Utkal Express derailed near Khatauli in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district on Saturday evening, killing 22 people and injuring 156 others.
Over 20 lakh people have been hit by the current spell of floods in 24 districts of the state.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Monday said that there is no such thing as 'VIP' in a democracy, adding that the State Government's mantra is to develop each and every sector.
A man and his son were killed after being hit by a truck near Ambara village on Lalganj-Fatehpur road here, the police said on Monday.
The railways said on Monday traffic on the Meerut-Muzaffarnagar-Shaharanpur section in Uttar Pradesh where the Kalinga Utkal Express derailed has been restored.
The action against the eight officers came hours after Member (Traffic) of the Railway Board, Mohd Jamshed, indicated that negligence appeared to have caused the derailment.
Besides actions against these five officials, a general manager and a Railway Board member have also been “sent on leave”, the ANI news agency reported.
Total of 25 children from different prestigious schools had participated in the essay writing competition on the topic titled "A society without police".
At least 23 people were killed and over 40 others injured when 14 coaches of Puri-Haridwar-Kalinga Utkal Express derailed, with one of them crashing into a house adjacent to the track, in Khatauli in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district on Saturday.
Yogi Adityanath and Rajnath Singh on Sunday inaugurated NIA's regional office in Lucknow.
"The death toll in the floods has reached 69 in the state, where 2,523 villages in 24 districts are flooded affecting a population of over 20 lakh," the relief commissioner's office said here citing a flood report compiled till yesterday.
Thirteen coaches of the high-speed Utkal Express on Saturday jumped the rails near Khatauli in UP.
In yet another shocking incident, a minor girl in Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh was allegedly gang raped by a police constable and the village head.
At least 23 people were killed and over 50 others were injured after 14 coaches of Puri-Haridwar Kalinga Utkal Express derailed in the Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday evening.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday called the Utkal train derailment as 'unfortunate' and issued a direction to officials to give all possible assistance to injured passengers of the Express.
At least 23 people were killed and dozens of others were injured when 14 coaches of the express train derailed.
Several persons were injured after six coaches of the Kalinga-Utkal Express went off the tracks in Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar district on Saturday evening.
The Uttar Police on Saturday released helplines number in the wake of derailment of six coaches of the Kalinga-Utkal Express went off the tracks in Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar district of the state.
Six coaches of Puri-Haridwar-Kalinga Utkal Express were derailed in Muzaffarnagar's Khatauli on Saturday.
A police complaint against the accused was lodged this morning by Manoj Kashyap, who had contested the state Assembly polls earlier this year on a BJP ticket from Jalalabad.
A local court has issued non-bailable warrants against two BJP MLAs for not appearing in court in connection with a case of disrupting train services here.
Her family members lodged an FIR against the constable, the ASP said, adding that they also alleged that her father died of shock after hearing about the incident.
Miscreants pelted stones at the Dehradun-Delhi Shatabdi Express near Muzaffarnagar railway station here, damaging some window panes.
Uttar Pradesh government has suspended five revenue department employees for seeking bribe for the farm loan waiver scheme launched by it.
The Delhi police went into a tizzy after a duty officer in the police control room received the call on his landline number at 3 pm yesterday.
There are over 19,000 recognised and 560 aided madrassas in the state, he said, adding that the new portal will help in improving the quality of madrassa education.
With 22 of the 75 districts bearing the brunt of flood fury, the Army's assistance has been sought in around six worst-hit districts, including Gorakhpur and Siddharthnagar, they said.
"The chief minister will be here on a day's visit to inaugurate 'Swachch Uttar Pradesh - Swasthya Uttar Pradesh campaign' which will be carried out between August 20-25 in all the districts," BJP spokesman of the region Satyendra Sinha said.
The July 15 fire left five patients dead and caused immense chaos and inconvenience as very serious patients, many on ventilators, had to be rescued in billowing smoke and raging flames.
- Track repair was being carried out without station master's permission - Watch report
- Watch: First official briefing after Muzaffarnagar train accident
- Can Indian trains provide safer journeys to passengers in future?
- Chandigarh roads flood with monsoon water, 112 mm rains in 3 hours
- PM Modi meets 13 Chief Ministers of BJP governed states
- President Ram Nath Kovind presents National Flag to Ladakh's Scout Battalion
- SC grants bail to Lt Col Purohit in Malegaon blast case
- Public, private sector should work together in healthcare sector, says FM Arun Jaitley
- Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) poll results 2017: As it happened
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Will Surya Grahan be visible in India?
- Delhi police arrests Siddharth Mehrotra, the thief who targeted netas, businessman to fund his luxurious life
- WATCH: Lightning quick MS Dhoni produces yet another impressive stumping, sends Lasith Malinga packing
- Supreme Court suspends triple talaq for 6 months, asks Parliament to make a law
- Survival is a distant dream for Assam man who has to go through life with 59-inch stomach
- Triple talaq judgement Live: PM Narendra Modi says 'historic' verdict grants equality to Muslim women
- This man’s funny pose and hilarious Twitter reactions will leave you in splits
- Beijing is back with a new anti-India video, wants to 'strengthen trust and manage disputes'
- Total solar eclipse all set to woo sky gazers tonight: All you need to know!
- AIADMK merger: As it happened
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Here's what happened when Archana Puran Singh replaced Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha – Akshay Kumar starrer packs a solid punch at the Box Office
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Triple Talaq: Five judges of 5 different religions pronounce the historic verdict