Yogi Adityanath and Rajnath Singh on Sunday inaugurated NIA's regional office in Lucknow.
Uttar Pradesh News
"The death toll in the floods has reached 69 in the state, where 2,523 villages in 24 districts are flooded affecting a population of over 20 lakh," the relief commissioner's office said here citing a flood report compiled till yesterday.
Thirteen coaches of the high-speed Utkal Express on Saturday jumped the rails near Khatauli in UP.
In yet another shocking incident, a minor girl in Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh was allegedly gang raped by a police constable and the village head.
At least 23 people were killed and over 50 others were injured after 14 coaches of Puri-Haridwar Kalinga Utkal Express derailed in the Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday evening.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday called the Utkal train derailment as 'unfortunate' and issued a direction to officials to give all possible assistance to injured passengers of the Express.
At least 23 people were killed and dozens of others were injured when 14 coaches of the express train derailed.
Several persons were injured after six coaches of the Kalinga-Utkal Express went off the tracks in Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar district on Saturday evening.
The Uttar Police on Saturday released helplines number in the wake of derailment of six coaches of the Kalinga-Utkal Express went off the tracks in Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar district of the state.
Six coaches of Puri-Haridwar-Kalinga Utkal Express were derailed in Muzaffarnagar's Khatauli on Saturday.
A police complaint against the accused was lodged this morning by Manoj Kashyap, who had contested the state Assembly polls earlier this year on a BJP ticket from Jalalabad.
A local court has issued non-bailable warrants against two BJP MLAs for not appearing in court in connection with a case of disrupting train services here.
Her family members lodged an FIR against the constable, the ASP said, adding that they also alleged that her father died of shock after hearing about the incident.
Miscreants pelted stones at the Dehradun-Delhi Shatabdi Express near Muzaffarnagar railway station here, damaging some window panes.
Uttar Pradesh government has suspended five revenue department employees for seeking bribe for the farm loan waiver scheme launched by it.
The Delhi police went into a tizzy after a duty officer in the police control room received the call on his landline number at 3 pm yesterday.
There are over 19,000 recognised and 560 aided madrassas in the state, he said, adding that the new portal will help in improving the quality of madrassa education.
With 22 of the 75 districts bearing the brunt of flood fury, the Army's assistance has been sought in around six worst-hit districts, including Gorakhpur and Siddharthnagar, they said.
"The chief minister will be here on a day's visit to inaugurate 'Swachch Uttar Pradesh - Swasthya Uttar Pradesh campaign' which will be carried out between August 20-25 in all the districts," BJP spokesman of the region Satyendra Sinha said.
The July 15 fire left five patients dead and caused immense chaos and inconvenience as very serious patients, many on ventilators, had to be rescued in billowing smoke and raging flames.
The villagers started the `jal satyagraha` on late Thursday by standing in the neck-deep water of river Ghagra, officials said on Friday.
Over 70 children have died at Gorakhpur`s Baba Raghav Das Medical College over the last 10 days.
Teams of NDRF are providing food and drinking water to the flood-hit people with the help of 169 boats.
Four persons were arrested in Uttar Pradesh on Friday morning after an encounter between police and criminals. One person has also been injured in the incident.
The BJP-led government in Uttar Pradesh has restored law and order in just five months after assuming power and its focus has been on people-centric issues, a senior leader of the party from UP claimed on Wednesday.
While the woman's husband was taking her to another hospital in an e-rickshaw, she gave birth in the vehicle.
He further cornered the government over its poor policies including demonetisation and Goods and Services Tax (GST) and said both broke the backbone of the traders.
The Congress accused the Yogi Adityanath government of not accepting its responsibility on the issue. UP Congress chief Raj Babbar said that his party will fight till the victims get justice.
The Uttar Pradesh government is all set to take action against madrasas in the state who defied the government's order to celebrate Independence Day by unfurling Indian flag and sing the national anthem.
The chief minister was on a visit to flood-hit Dhaurahra tehsil in the district to review the situation and distribute relief materials among the people affected by the deluge.
- Watch: Truck driver pulls break on time to avoid accident; saves 3 lives
- Pak High Commission behind terror funding in J&K: Zahoor Watali
- Teachers force students to convert religion; FIR lodged
- JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA - Watch report
- Gorakhpur: Yogi Adityanath accuses previous govts for deaths of children
- DNA: Know why the number of engineering colleges are reducing in India
- Kalinga Utkal express derails at UP's Muzaffarnagar
- Portal launched for online registration of madrasas in UP
- Watch: Clashes of Indian-Chinese soldiers' at Ladakh
- DNA: Know what's there in the upcoming DSC Show
- DNA: Non Stop News
- DNA : Today In History, August 18, 2017
- DNA: Analysing the degradation of moral values in Indian Society
- Watch: Manager pulls lady staff's saree in 5-star hotel, later sacks her
- UP government plans to bring 'fees control law' for private schools
- Aadhaar Card: Here's how to verify your email address, mobile number
- MP: Man assaults woman at gym, brutally kicks her -Watch video
- WATCH: Virat Kohli loses cool after watching child assault video
- 23 dead, many injured as 14 coaches of Utkal Express derail in UP's Khatauli
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar proves his mettle; film crosses Rs 100 cr
- Day after Spain terror attacks, three dead in Finland, Germany stabbing spree
- Doctor's attempt to inject hospital superintendent with HIV+ blood over personal grudge foiled
- Ruckus after AIMIM corporators refuse to stand up for Vande Mataram in Maharashtra civic body
- PM Narendra Modi's austerity drive for ministers, asks them to avoid 5-star hotels, PSUs vehicles
- Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA
- Nitish-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA; Sharad Yadav to approach EC to stake claim over party symbol
- Painful menstrual cramps? Experts swear by these Yoga asanas to help you relieve your suffering!
- Air-conditioned jackets for the Indian Special Forces soon, says Manohar Parrirkar
- Rajasthan: No toilet at home, court grants divorce to woman
- WATCH: Alastair Cook reaches his 4th Test double hundred in funniest way