An Election Commission team also took stock of the preparations and held meeting with Vidhan Sabha officials here last evening.
Uttar Pradesh News
A married woman and her sister-in-law were allegedly set ablaze by family members in Anwla Ghat of Uttar Pradesh`s Moradabad district for marrying a man against their wishes.
"Intentions of the opposition are not honest towards Dalits, otherwise they would have fielded Kumar last time," Adityanath said.
A former village headman and his wife were killed after allegedly being ambushed by motorcycle-borne assailants on the NH 91 here.
All the were nominated by the previous Samajwadi Party government.
Announcing the new list of smart cities in Delhi, Naidu said 45 cities contested for the 40 available smart city slots but only 30 were selected to ensure their feasibility and workable plans.
The girl has been sent for medical examination and a case has been registered.
The party is also aiming a complete sweep in UP, as it plans to bag all the 80 Lok Sabha seats from the state, said UP BJP president and Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya.
The 'Power for All' pact was signed in the presence of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power Piyush Goyal.
An FIR was registered against four persons under various provisions of the IPC and the Uttar Pradesh Prevention of Cow Slaughter Act, a police official said.
Mayawati had said on Monday that her party was positive about the NDA nominating Kovind but wished the ruling alliance had named a non-political Dalit candidate for the top post.
"Clad in white kurta-pyjama, 34-year-old Naseer performed almost all the yoga asanas on the International Yoga Day yesterday, but abstained from singing national song 'Vande Mataram'.
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath on Thursday felicitated 147 students with Rs 1 lakh and a tablet computer each for their excellent performance in the board exams this year.
According to the primary information, the woman belongs to Gurugram and was in the Sohna area at around 8-8:30 pm when some people, driving a Swift car, dragged her inside and raped her.
The incident took place in Aligarh's Bheekamapur village.
The election for the next President of India is to be held on July 17. President Pranab Mukherjee will demit office on July 24.
"The roza-iftar programme which was scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled," Congress leader Dwijendra Tripathi told PTI.
Farmers under the banner of the Bhartiya Kisan Union performed 'shavasana' on the Lucknow-Barabanki Highway.
To make the third edition of International Yoga Day a grand success, PM Narendra Modi, UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and 51,000 participants will perform various yoga 'asanas' in Lucknow on Wednesday.
DJs, hockey sticks and tridents bigger than six inches will not be allowed to be carried by devotees during the annual 'kaanwar yatra' in Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand and the National Capital Region, an official said on Tuesday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, while addressing the three-day UP Yoga Mahotsava in Lucknow, had said that Surya Namaskar was similar to namaz offered by Muslims.
While the three accused in the Greater Noida gang-rape continue to be on the run, the Uttar Pradesh Police surprised us again after two officials were caught taking a nap while on duty in their PCR van.
Those detained included some youth leaders belonging to the Samajwadi Party (SP).
The VHP has announced that construction work will begin within a year, notwithstanding whatever decision the Supreme Court takes on the Babri Masjid-Ram Janmabhoomi title suit.
Setting aside political differences, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has sent a dinner invitation to former state chief ministers, including Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati and Akhilesh Yadav, in honour of Prime Minister Narendra Modi here.
At least 11 people were injured in a clash that broke out after a group of people objected to loud music at a wedding reception at Khod Sama village in Shamli district.
The river front has witnessed a political showdown between the erstwhile Samajwadi Party regime in the state and the present Adityanath government.
The United Nations declared June 21 as the International Yoga Day on December 11, 2014.
The Regional Met Office has predicted rainfall in many parts of Uttar Pradesh till Wednesday.
Though Uttar Pradesh has given the nation a number of prime ministers, it will be perhaps for the first time that the politically-crucial state will also have the pride of sending someone to Rashtrapati Bhavan if NDA nominee Ramnath Kovind becomes president.
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- JD(U) was far 'more comfortable' with BJP: KC Tyagi
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- Will launch 'shuttle diplomacy' for Pakistan, Afghanistan: China
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- US confirms sale of predator Guardian drones to India
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- China blocks Kailash Mansarovar yatra entry via Nathu La
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Presidential Election: Meira Kumar thanks Opposition parties for support
- Yogi Adityanath completes 100 days as Uttar Pradesh CM
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- WATCH: MS Dhoni turns 'bat saving mode' on as rain comes pouring at Port of Spain in 1st IND vs WI ODI
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- Saw Byculla Jail officials mercilessly thrashing woman prisoner, Indrani Mukerjea tells Mumbai court
- JD(U) slams Congress for 'unwarranted' attack on Nitish Kumar, calls BJP 'natural ally'
- India's 6th 'eye in the sky', ISRO's Cartosat -2 series satellite, sends first images back to Earth
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- Dutch PM's Hindi tweet to Narendra Modi has evoked funny reactions on Twitter – know why
- Azam Khan's another shocker: `Lady terrorists chopped off parts of Indian Army soldiers to take revenge for rape` - Watch
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances today, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- 'India-US alliance to check China's rise will be catastrophic'
- 'Pakistan banks sent funds to UAE to finance 9/11, 26/11 terror attacks'