While all eyes were on the oath-taking ceremony of Yogi Adityanath as he was sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) party leader Lalu Prasad Yadav and senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi were busy taking jibe at each other on Twitter on Sunday.
Uttar Pradesh News
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)'s firebrand leader Yogi Adityanath took oath as Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister on Sunday afternoon along with a cavalry of ministers at Lucknow's Kanshiram Smriti Upvan.
Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh and his father Mulayam attended the swearing in ceremony of Yogi Adityanath on Sunday.
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said that the decision to select two Deputy Chief Ministers for Uttar Pradesh was taken on the behest of the then CM-designate Yogi Adityanath.
Yogi Adityanath's father today expressed his pleasure and said he is very happy to see his son taking the position.
Amid speculation that Yogi Adityanath's candidature as Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister happened as Sangh pushed for it, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) on Sunday said that it was a complete political decision and it had no say in the selection of chief ministers in BJP-ruled states.
The swearing in ceremony of Yogi Adityanath as the 21st Chief minister of Uttar Pradesh will take place this afternoon in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah.
Yogi Adityanath, the Mahant of Gorakhnath Matt, is all set to take oath as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on Sunday afternoon.
Yogi Adityanath's real name is Ajay Singh Bisht!
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Yogi Adityanath will be sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on Sunday.
As Hindutva hardliner Yogi Adityanath was set to assume the reins of UP, Congress leader Veerappa Moily called it the "biggest assault" on secularism, but the party's official reaction was tempered with caution as it said it will act as "watchdog of people's interest".
The announcement was made after a legislature party meeting here in the afternoon that was also attended by senior party leader Nitin Gadkari.
Union Law and Justice Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Saturday said Muslim women voted for the BJP during the just concluded Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections because the party raised the issue of triple talaq.
The suspense on who will lead the India's biggest state got over today as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders chose five-term Lok Sabha MP and party leader Yogi Adityanath as the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister.
Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath was chosen to be the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday.
In an another tragic incident, a woman was allegedly poisoned to death by her in-laws in the Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh on Friday.
Yogi Adityanath has been chosen as Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister; Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma to be Deputy Chief Ministers in the BJP party meet in Lucknow today.
Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha is "almost" certain to be the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, even as BJP state President Keshav Prasad Maurya was still in the race, informed sources said on Saturday.
Four persons have been injured in a clash between two groups over a drainage at Kamal Pur village here, police said on Saturday.
Six Muzaffarnagar riot victims, two of them women, suffered injuries after they objected to the alleged sexual harassment of some girls by a group of youths who pelted stones at them at Palda village in the district.
Two explosions were reported from Uttar Pradesh's Agra on Saturday.
Newly-elected Bharatiya Janata Party MLAs will meet here on Saturday to elect the Legislature Party leader, with Union Minister Manoj Sinha among the frontrunners.
Deoband, known across the world as a centre of Islamic learning, will be renamed as Devvrad after the BJP government assumes power in Uttar Pradesh, newly-elected local MLA Brajesh Singh said.
The swearing-in ceremony of a new BJP government in Uttar Pradesh will take place on Sunday.
Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav today said nobody will be spared who are found to be involved in the anti-party activities that led to its debacle in Uttar Pradesh assembly polls.
Around 13,000 students have dropped out from the Uttar Pradesh board examinations for classes 10th and 12th in the district this year, District Magistrate Nitin Bansal said on Friday.
Union Minister Manoj Sinha, who is seen among the strong contenders for the post of UP chief minister, said on Friday that he was "not in any race".
Uttar Pradesh BJP president Keshav Prasad Maurya today said the state legislature party will decide on the chief minister tomorrow.
The security around India's iconic monument of love - Taj Mahal – was tightened on Friday following threats from the dreaded terror out Islamic State.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Dr Subhash Chandra donates his salary to PM Relief Fund
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Why are Tamil Nadu farmers protesting with 'skulls' in Delhi?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 March 2017
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- DNA: Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar urges everyone to build toilets
- DNA: Has India crossed all limits of tolerance against naxalism?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- PM Modi picks IAS officer B Chandralekha to head Swachh Bharat Mission – Know about her
- Here's everything you need to know about Shaun Tait's wife, Mashoom Singha — PHOTOS INSIDE
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Incredible! This video of a boy being saved from a menacing tiger has over 10 lakh views – WATCH
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?