The number of people from the community in the 17th Vidhan Sabha has touched a historic low of 25.
Uttar Pradesh News
'Modi wave' helped BJP storm to power in Uttar Pradesh after 14 years.
UP-cadre IPS officer Amitabh Thakur today urged the Centre to disposed of his request for change of cadre, saying the "bias" against him does not exist anymore following the SP's rout in the polls
Samajwadi Party leader and minister in the Akhilesh Yadav government Ravidas Mehrotra, who lost to the BJP candidate in Lucknow Central seat, on Sunday said he would have won the election, but for the Congress.
Uttar Pradesh Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Keshav Prasad Maurya has revoked the expulsion of party leader Dayashankar Singh, who was expelled after his controversial statement on Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati.
Congratulating the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for its splendid victory in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has said the opposing parties ignored the fact that demonetisation gave satisfaction to the poor.
After facing a humiliating defeat in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, the Congress Party on Sunday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of indulging in polarisation policy.
Often regarded as the mother of all elections, the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls certainly grabbed all the attention.
Taking a jibe at Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati putting the onus on the Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) for her loss in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Sunday titled Mayawati as a 'bad looser', saying that her party is faring miserably thanks to her 'negative' attitude.
Reacting to the landslide victory for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Uttar Pradesh, the Janata Dal (United) on Sunday urged that all the parties who are against the former should join forces and respond to the divisive politics.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Parliamentary Board will meet on Sunday in New Delhi to decide the names of the Chief Ministers in the states where it has got the majority to from the government. Here are all the LIVE updates:-
A case has been lodged against Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya after the suspicious death of a witness in the infamous killing of police officer Zia-ul-Haq, police said on Sunday.
The victory left the ruling Samajwadi Party and its ally Congress punctured with just 54 seats while the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) was left a pathetic 19 seats.
Not ready to accept defeat in Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday echoed Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati's 'EVM tempering allegation' and made a statement over it.
An overjoyed Prime Minister Narendra Modi today described as "very humbling and overwhelming" the poll victories that the BJP got in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand and thanked people for "continued faith and support".
After facing severe defeat in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand Assembly Elections, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday congratulated PM Narendra Modi for BJP's massive victory.
The unprecedented outcome of several weeks of exhaustive electioneering by top political
“People accepted politics of performance; this historic mandate will take the country to new direction.”
Check out the hilarious memes of Akhilesh-Rahul's defeat in UP polls.
The declaration of constituency-wise UP assembly election results are as follows -
Ayah Shah - Vikas Gupta (Bharatiya Janata Party)
"Most votes in Muslim majority constituencies have gone to BJP, makes it evident that voting machines were manipulated."
Home Minister Rajnath Singh today described the BJP's performance in assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand as "mega victory".
Congress veteran Digvijaya Singh on Saturday said there was no question of party Vice President Rahul Gandhi stepping down, in the wake of the poor showing in the Uttar Pradesh assembly polls.
The BJP and its allies consolidated their position in Uttar Pradesh by surging ahead in 290 of the 403 seats, going by trends available from 386 constituencies in the first three hours of counting.
The BJP is set to take power in Uttar Pradesh and the credit for this goes to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, party spokesperson Sambit Patra said on Saturday.
Early voting trends in a state election in Uttar Pradesh favoured Prime Minister Narendra Modi, according to television networks, though it was premature to call the outcome in the race for control over India`s most populous state.
BJP swept Uttar Pradesh on Saturday.
Uttar Pradesh Additional Director General (ADG) of Police (Law and Order) Daljit Chaudhary has directed Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of Kanpur to register a case against Rashtriya Ulama Council (RUC) chief Aamir Rashadi Madni for allegedly inciting kin of terrorist killed in Lucknow terror stand-off.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Dr Subhash Chandra donates his salary to PM Relief Fund
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Why are Tamil Nadu farmers protesting with 'skulls' in Delhi?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 March 2017
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- DNA: Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar urges everyone to build toilets
- DNA: Has India crossed all limits of tolerance against naxalism?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- PM Modi picks IAS officer B Chandralekha to head Swachh Bharat Mission – Know about her
- Here's everything you need to know about Shaun Tait's wife, Mashoom Singha — PHOTOS INSIDE
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Incredible! This video of a boy being saved from a menacing tiger has over 10 lakh views – WATCH
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?