Four persons, including a woman, were killed when their car fell into a deep gorge in Lansdowne area of Uttarakhand's Pauri district, police said today.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Thursday removed the red beacon from his car after Cabinet decision. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday decided to do away with beacons of all kinds atop all categories of vehicles in the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has dubbed triple talaq a "bad social practice".
The ruling BJP and the main opposition party Congress are on a collision course in Uttarakhand after the later said that the national song 'Vande Matram' will not be sung at the party's official programmes for one month "come what may".
The MeT department on Thrusday warned of heat wave conditions in Uttarakhand, forecasting rise in maximum temperatures after April 17.
The state executive meeting of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will be held on April 23-24 in Nainital, a party leader announced on Monday.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat called on his Uttar Pradesh counterpart Yogi Adityanath here on Monday - in the first meeting between the two BJP leaders.
Uttarakhand Minister Dhan Singh Rawat has said that singing of the national anthem and national song in colleges would be made compulsory from the next academic session in July.
People in the hill state of Uttarakhand are set to beat the heat as the Met department on Tuesday has predicted moderate to heavy rains in the next 48-hours.
Dehradun continued to singe as the temperature climbed to 35.8 degrees Celsius, another record. The last equivalent temperature was seen in 2001.
The BJP-ruled Uttarakhand government has started taking measures to attract Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the state.
Tightening the noose around illegal meat shops in Uttarakhand, the BJP-led state government has ordered to shut down such shops along River Ganga.
The Supreme Court on Friday stayed the Nainital High Court`s order of complete prohibition of sale and consumption of liquor from April 1.
The Uttarakhand Government on Friday imposed a ban on the sale of liquor in Uttarkashi, Chamoli and Rudraprayag districts.
Consumers in Uttarakhand will have to shell more for electricity from April 1 onwards after the state government hiked the power tariff by 5.72 per cent.
Besides Hridayesh, Karan Mahara, Pritam Singh and Govind Singh Kunjwal were in the race for the key position.
Newly-elected Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Friday wrote to the Centre demanding a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) enquiry in the NH-74 scam.
Three-time BJP MLA from Rishikesh, Prem Chandra Agrawal, was on Thursday elected unopposed as the Speaker of the Uttarakhand Assembly.
Eighteen students of DAV degree college here have been expelled for taking admission into the first semester LLB course of the prestigious institute on the basis of fake documents.
New Delhi: Newly elected Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat today met Prime Minister Narendra Modi who asked him to lay emphasis on fighting corruption.
Trivendra Singh Rawat, who recently took over as the Uttarakhand chief minister, is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi here on Wednesday.
Senior BJP MLA Harbans Kapoor was today sworn-in as the the Protem Speaker of the Uttarakhand Assembly.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Monday asserted that their government would soon make it compulsory for ministers to provide details of their properties.
Uttarakhand ministers, led by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, will take part in a cleanliness drive in different areas of the state tomorrow as part of the Prime Minister's Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday promised that the BJP government in Uttarakhand led by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat will return the public affection with a record development in the state.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Trivendra Singh Rawat was sworn in as Uttarakhand Chief Minister on Saturday.
Trivendra Singh Rawat, who was on Friday elected leader of the BJP Legislature Party, will take oath as the next Chief Minister of Uttarakhand on Saturday.
Though there is no word officially from the BJP yet on the ministers to be sworn-in along with the chief minister tomorrow, quite a few names are doing the rounds.
As Trivendra Singh Rawat prepares to take charge as the CM of Uttarakhand, he faces a Herculean task of keeping the BJP's flock of 57 MLAS intact and living up to PM Modi's expectations in delivering the big promises made to the voters of the hill state in the party manifesto during the assembly elections.
Trivendra Singh Rawat promised to work towards Prime Minister Narendra Modi's goal of eliminating corruption and poverty.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans