BJP recorded a landslide victory winning 56 of the 70 Uttarakhand Assembly seats.
PM Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah along with select ministers from the Union government and central office bearers are likely to be present at the oath taking ceremony.
After the Holi break, that followed the landslide victory of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the rout of the ruling Congress in the hill state of Uttarakhand, political activity is picking up on both sides of the spectrum.
After facing a humiliating defeat in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, the Congress Party on Sunday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of indulging in polarisation policy.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Parliamentary Board will meet on Sunday in New Delhi to decide the names of the Chief Ministers in the states where it has got the majority to from the government. Here are all the LIVE updates:-
BJP leaders attributed it to the Narendra Modi wave and a strong anti-incumbency against Harish Rawat who lost both the seats he contested.
An overjoyed Prime Minister Narendra Modi today described as "very humbling and overwhelming" the poll victories that the BJP got in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand and thanked people for "continued faith and support".
The Bharatiya Janata Party has scripted a wonderful success story in Congress-ruled Uttarakhand Assembly Elections 2017.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh today described the BJP's performance in assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand as "mega victory".
The BJP was on Saturday set to storm back to power in the hill state of Uttarakhand with a two-thirds majority in the 70-member assembly. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Saturday lost from both the Haridwar (Rural) and Kichcha seats. Over 68 percent of the electorate voted in the Uttarakhand Polls 2017.
Former Uttarakhand chief minister Vijay Bahuguna's son Saurabh Bahuguna is in the fray from Sitarganj in the Uttarakhand Assembly Polls 2017.
Harish Rawat loses from both seats - Kicha and Haridwar
The exit polls on Thursday predicted a hung Assembly in the crucial state of Uttar Pradesh where they said BJP would emerge as the largest single party.
Uttarakhand witnessed over 68 percent voter turnout in 69 out of the state's 70 seats.
Around 74.20 lakh voters have decided on the fate of 628 candidates as 69 of a total of 70 assembly seats went to polling in the single phase assembly elections in Uttarakhand on February 15.
Nearly 41.5 percent of the electorates have cast their votes in the ongoing poll in the Karnaprayag Assembly seat till 1 pm, the district election office said.
There are 10 candidates contesting from Sitarganj in the 2017 Uttarakhand elections.
Nainital, which is usually talked about for being one of the top tourist destinations, is witnessing an unusual political heat this winter.
There are 12 candidates contesting from Dehradun Cantt in the 2017 Uttarakhand elections.
There are twelve candidates contesting from Mussoorie.
A joint military exercise `Surya Kiran-Xi` between India and Nepal began in the Pithoragarh area of Uttarakhand on Tuesday.
Water in the famous Naini Lake - the lifeline of the town and a tourist attraction - has dropped to one foot below the zero level mark by the end of February.
The Uttarakhand government using funds meant for disaster victims to make payment to cricketer Virat Kohli and musician Kailash Kher for a promotional video for the state is an insult to them, the BJP has said.
Corbett Tiger Reserve authorities have issued shoot-at-sight orders and pressed two drones into service after movement of poachers was reported along the southern fringes of the park.
The Election Commission on Tuesday corrected its poll percentage figures for Uttarakhand saying that 65.64 per cent of the total electorate in the state cast their votes as against 68 per cent announced earlier.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat today said Congress will perform even better than expected in the assembly polls held yesterday and form the next government in the state.
The music video has been made by the members of the Choreography and Dance Section of IIT-Roorkee.
At least 68 percent voter turnout has been recorded till 5:00 pm in the Uttarakhand Assembly elections.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday appealed the voters in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand to exercise their franchise and participate in the "festival of democracy".
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans