A total of 200 crorepati candidates are in the fray for the Uttarakhand Assembly election -- to be held on February 15 -- while 91 have declared that they have criminal cases against them, says a latest report.
In fresh action against rebel candidates ahead of February 15 Uttarkhand polls, the BJP has expelled 33 more leaders and workers who were either contesting against party's official nominees as Independents or indulging in other anti-party activities.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address four rallies in Uttarakhand starting February 10 to garner support for BJP for the February 15 assembly elections in the state.
The Uttarakhand Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday suspended its 33 leaders for six years, due to anti-party activities.
Congress on Sunday released its manifesto for Uttarakhand which focuses on stopping migration from hills, disaster management, infrastructure development and economic empowerment of women.
The heat for election campaign in Uttarakhand is on the rise.
The BJP today released its vision document for Uttarakhand.
Acting against rebel candidates ahead of the February 15 Assembly polls in Uttarakhand, the Congress on Friday expelled 26 state leaders for six years for anti-party activities.
The Congress on Friday expelled 26 state leaders for six years for anti-party activities.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat, as `Baahubali`, is seen carrying Uttarakhand on his bare shoulders.
Posters and pamphlets by suspected Maoists threatening to disrupt the upcoming Uttarakhand Assembly polls emerged near Dhari area in the district today, even as an official's vehicle was set on fire, prompting the administration to put Kumaon division on high alert and step up deployment in the region.
The Election Commission on Saturday issued notice to Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat and two other candidates for allegedly violating the model poll code.
Thirty-five nomination papers have been rejected in Uttarakhand, the Election Commission said on Tuesday.
With over a dozen prominent faces of Congress in Uttarakhand switching sides to BJP since last year, state Congress chief Kishore Upadhyay said those who have joined the saffron party ahead of polls were "greedy", describing them as "Bhasmasur" who would burn themselves as well the party they have joined.
Despite its own candidate entering the electoral fray in Uttarakhand's Dhanaulti constituency, Congress has decided to lend support to Independent candidate from the seat Pritam Singh Panwar, a member of the PDF that was supporting the Harish Rawat government from inside.
The Congress on Tuesday released its second list of five candidates for the upcoming Uttarakhand Assembly polls.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived here on Saturday to inaugurate the Combined Commanders Conference, an official said.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has once again become a soft target of Twitterati for his ‘phata kurta’ comment which he made while addressing the 'Vijay Sankalp' convention for party workers in Uttarakhand recently.
Rohit Shekhar is the biological son of ND Tiwari and Ujjwala Sharma, who Tiwari married in 2014.
Vijay Bahuguna's son Saurabh has been given a ticket from Sitarganj, the seat his father represented in the last Vidhan Sabha.
In a setback to Congress party in Uttarakhand ahead of assembly polls, senior party leader and state minister Yashpal Arya joined BJP on Monday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party`s Central Election Committee meeting is scheduled to take place on Saturday, in order to select the candidates for the upcoming Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh assembly polls.
With as many as 10 Congress rebels inducted into the party, BJP could face the problem of plenty in Uttarakhand in smooth distribution of tickets for the Assembly polls among the many aspirants, sources said.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat was briefly admitted to a government hospital here on Tuesday after he complained of uneasiness and neck pain, officials said.
The Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel rescued five people after a vehicle fell 300 meters into a gorge on the Mussoorie-Dhanaulti road in Uttarakhand.
Assembly elections in UP, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur will be held between February 4 and March 8.
"People in the state are eager to get rid of a corrupt government whose performance has been nil and we are confident of coming to power with a thumping majority, " Pradesh BJP spokesman Munna Singh Chauhan told PTI.
The model code of conduct has come into effect in Manipur and Uttarakhand with an announcement of the poll schedule yesterday.
Taking the Namami Gange programme a step forward in the new year, the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved many projects including setting up sewage treatment plants (STP) in Haridwar and Varanasi.
Opposition BJP today hit out at Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat for his proposed fast against the rejection of the state government's masterplan on Bhagirathi eco-sensitive zone, accusing him of having done nothing as a minister when a 100 km area along Bhagirathi in Uttarkashi district was notified as an ESZ.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans