Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat will sit on a day-long fast in Delhi on Thursday against the rejection of the state government's zonal master plan for Bhagirathi eco-sensitive zone (ESZ), which he termed as the "biggest blow" to the state's interests.
Uttarakhand government on Wednesday instituted a judicial probe into the alleged misappropriation of disaster relief funds in the state after the 2013 natural calamity which claimed thousands of lives, a day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi raised the issue to lash out at the Harish Rawat dispensation for corruption.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Uttarakhand cannot seem to wait any longer for development.
The ‘Char Dham Yatra’ is an annual pilgrimage to the shrines of Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri.
After snowfall and rain, mercury dipped in Uttarakhand and many areas in the state were swept by icy winds.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also address a public rally at the Dehradun’s Parade ground.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat will not appear before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday.
Under attack for declaring a 90-minute 'namaz' break for Muslims for Friday prayers, the Harish Rawat government has now said that Uttarakhand government employees, irrespective of their religion, caste and creed, will be allowed "special short breaks" to offer prayers during their festivals if they make a request for it.
In a bid to win Uttarakhand Assembly elections, Congress may join hands with Progressive Democratic Front (PDF).
A cabinet meeting on Saturday, chaired by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat, decided that a special break will be given to the employees from the Muslim community.
A special 90-minute break will be given to the government employees from the Muslim community in Uttarakhand for Friday prayers, official sources said.
In a major development, a high alert was sounded in Haridwar and Dehradun on Wednesday after finding an abandoned bag containing 3 uniforms of Punjab Police.
Work on the important Rishikesh-Karnprayag railway line would start by 2016 end.
Uttarakhand goes to polls early next year to elect its legislative assembly, along with neighbouring states Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
The post office had been washed away when the June 2013 flash floods that killed over 5,700 people and permission for restoration took three years.
A 60-year-old man allegedly chopped off a finger of an eight-year-old dalit boy in Haridwar district when the latter inadvertantly stepped over a row of cowdung cakes kept for drying while playing with his friends.
The search team on the Kedarnath trekking route in Uttarakhand discovered 19 more human skeletons on Tuesday, an official said.
Noting that universities today face the challenge of producing cadres of skilled youth who can take up research and leadership roles, Uttarakhand Governor K K Paul today asked them to re-orient themselves in accordance with the changing times and develop an academic base which gives confidence to students.
Some local residents of Uttarakhand's Ramnagar on Thursday killed a man-eater tigress.
A Mi17 chopper of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed soon after take off in Badrinath town in Uttarakhand on Wednesday but no one was hurt, officials said.
The Uttarakhand government on Monday admitted that many skeletons had been recovered from near the Kedarnath temple that was badly hit by flash floods and heavy rains in 2013.
The two-week-long Indo-US joint military exercise, being conducted at Chaubatia in Uttarakhand, concluded on Tuesday.
President Pranab Mukherjee will arrive in Uttarakhand on Tuesday for a three-day visit, officials said.
A mild quake measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale jolted Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand and adjoining areas in the wee hours today.
As part of the ongoing `Yudh Abhyas 2016` exercise, the Indian and US troops on Thursday participated in joint training operations in the mountainous terrain of Uttarakhand, a defence official said.
The regional Met department on Wednesday forecast heavy rains in the Kumaon region in the next 48 hours, an official of the state government said.
Five coaches of the Doon Express derailed in Uttar Pradesh's Faizabad on Tuesday afternoon, said railway officials. No casualties were reported so far.
President Pranab Mukherjee will be on a four-day visit to Uttarakhand from September 27 during which he will go to Kedarnath to pay obeisance at the Himalayan shrine along with his family and take part in the Ganga Arti at Haridwar.
The ruling Congress in Uttarakhand will seek answers from the centre for allegedly meting out step-motherly treatment to the hill state and inflicting on it the "wound of defection", during its 'Satat Vikas Sankalpa Yatra' starting September 10.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans