Uttarakhand BJP president Ajay Bhatt had recently dared Rawat to an open debate on the sting CD case.
The Yamunotri and Gangotri highways are open for traffic.
At least 40 people are feared dead following a fresh downpour that triggered flash floods and landslides in Uttarakhand, a state official said.
Eight people have been killed and seven injured when their vehicle fell into a deep gorge in Kalsi area of the district, police said on Sunday.
In Uttarakhand, almost all major rivers are flowing near the danger marks and in view of this, the authorities have asked the people living in low lying areas to move to safer places.
The relief and rescue operation is going on at war footing in the villages of Uttarakhand following heavy rains and cloud burst.
Ten rivers and rivulets were in spate across the state and traffic disrupted on several routes due to landslides.
According to media reports, the Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts of the state were the worst affected.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday expressed grief over the loss of lives caused by cloudburst and heavy rain in Uttarakhand.
On a day, when some 30 people have perished in Uttarakhand in a devastating cloudburst, it is pertinent to list some of the recent calamities that shook the nation.
Expressing profound grief over the loss of lives due heavy rains and cloudbursts in several districts of Uttarakhand, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday assured that several National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams have been rushed aid the state to tackle the calamity.
Twelve persons were killed and 25 others were missing as torrential rains and landslides hit Uttarakhand's Pithoragarh and Chamoli districts in the wee hours today, burying villages in sludge with many residents trapped under the debris.
Families of the victims to receive Rs two lakhs each
The Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rain at isolated places especially in Nainital, Udham Singh Nagar and Champawat districts of Uttarakhand.
The Yamunotri highway, near Kharadi, has been damaged leading to traffic being halted.
Describing the Harish Rawat government in Uttarakhand as "one steeped in corruption", BJP president Amit Shah on Saturday asked the people to dislodge it from power and help the lotus "bloom" in the state.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans