Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived here on Saturday to inaugurate the Combined Commanders Conference, an official said.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has once again become a soft target of Twitterati for his ‘phata kurta’ comment which he made while addressing the 'Vijay Sankalp' convention for party workers in Uttarakhand recently.
Rohit Shekhar is the biological son of ND Tiwari and Ujjwala Sharma, who Tiwari married in 2014.
Vijay Bahuguna's son Saurabh has been given a ticket from Sitarganj, the seat his father represented in the last Vidhan Sabha.
In a setback to Congress party in Uttarakhand ahead of assembly polls, senior party leader and state minister Yashpal Arya joined BJP on Monday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party`s Central Election Committee meeting is scheduled to take place on Saturday, in order to select the candidates for the upcoming Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh assembly polls.
With as many as 10 Congress rebels inducted into the party, BJP could face the problem of plenty in Uttarakhand in smooth distribution of tickets for the Assembly polls among the many aspirants, sources said.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat was briefly admitted to a government hospital here on Tuesday after he complained of uneasiness and neck pain, officials said.
The Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel rescued five people after a vehicle fell 300 meters into a gorge on the Mussoorie-Dhanaulti road in Uttarakhand.
Assembly elections in UP, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur will be held between February 4 and March 8.
"People in the state are eager to get rid of a corrupt government whose performance has been nil and we are confident of coming to power with a thumping majority, " Pradesh BJP spokesman Munna Singh Chauhan told PTI.
The model code of conduct has come into effect in Manipur and Uttarakhand with an announcement of the poll schedule yesterday.
Taking the Namami Gange programme a step forward in the new year, the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved many projects including setting up sewage treatment plants (STP) in Haridwar and Varanasi.
Opposition BJP today hit out at Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat for his proposed fast against the rejection of the state government's masterplan on Bhagirathi eco-sensitive zone, accusing him of having done nothing as a minister when a 100 km area along Bhagirathi in Uttarkashi district was notified as an ESZ.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat will sit on a day-long fast in Delhi on Thursday against the rejection of the state government's zonal master plan for Bhagirathi eco-sensitive zone (ESZ), which he termed as the "biggest blow" to the state's interests.
Uttarakhand government on Wednesday instituted a judicial probe into the alleged misappropriation of disaster relief funds in the state after the 2013 natural calamity which claimed thousands of lives, a day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi raised the issue to lash out at the Harish Rawat dispensation for corruption.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Uttarakhand cannot seem to wait any longer for development.
The ‘Char Dham Yatra’ is an annual pilgrimage to the shrines of Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri.
After snowfall and rain, mercury dipped in Uttarakhand and many areas in the state were swept by icy winds.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also address a public rally at the Dehradun’s Parade ground.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat will not appear before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday.
Under attack for declaring a 90-minute 'namaz' break for Muslims for Friday prayers, the Harish Rawat government has now said that Uttarakhand government employees, irrespective of their religion, caste and creed, will be allowed "special short breaks" to offer prayers during their festivals if they make a request for it.
In a bid to win Uttarakhand Assembly elections, Congress may join hands with Progressive Democratic Front (PDF).
A cabinet meeting on Saturday, chaired by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat, decided that a special break will be given to the employees from the Muslim community.
A special 90-minute break will be given to the government employees from the Muslim community in Uttarakhand for Friday prayers, official sources said.
In a major development, a high alert was sounded in Haridwar and Dehradun on Wednesday after finding an abandoned bag containing 3 uniforms of Punjab Police.
Work on the important Rishikesh-Karnprayag railway line would start by 2016 end.
Uttarakhand goes to polls early next year to elect its legislative assembly, along with neighbouring states Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
The post office had been washed away when the June 2013 flash floods that killed over 5,700 people and permission for restoration took three years.
A 60-year-old man allegedly chopped off a finger of an eight-year-old dalit boy in Haridwar district when the latter inadvertantly stepped over a row of cowdung cakes kept for drying while playing with his friends.
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Andhra Pradesh: NIA team reaches Kuneru to investigate train accident
- Jallikattu protests turn violent; Police station attacked, vehicles set on fire
- Vijay Mallya loan default: CBI arrests 9, including IDBI Bank ex-chairman
- Raees promotion: Shah Rukh Khan boards train from Mumbai to Delhi
- DNA: Today in history, January 23rd 2017
- Coal scam: SC orders probe against former CBI chief Ranjit Sinha
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part II
- DNA: Analyzing why most people do not follow traffic rules in India
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations
- WATCH: Kiwi batsman Neil Wagner given run-out despite reaching crease before ball hit the stumps
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 sold out; here are the dates of the next sale
- Lodha vs BCCI: Adamant on age cap of 70 years, Supreme Court allows Indian board to propose three names
- 1 taxpayer owes 11% of India's individual income tax in 2014-15
- Reliance Jio increasing data download limit in Happy New Year Offer?
- Expedition 50 astronaut shares spectacular view of Budapest from space!
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- WATCH: Wasim Akram, Shoaib Akhtar, Saqlain Mushtaq bowled over by in-form Virat Kohli