The plant, built by Technique Solaire in Maheshwari village in Haridwar district, would generate 5.5 MWp, which is the equivalent of the local electricity consumption of 13,500 inhabitants.
Two people were arrested after the racket was busted on Monday. A case has been registered against 15 others, including staff from the Gangotri Charitable Hospital.
“None of the country (China or Pakistan) is a threat,” the Hindustan Times quoted Rawat as saying in Dehradun.
The HGPC chief said they have offered their space for offering namaz to the Muslim brethren under similar circumstances in the past as well.
The 69-year-old Congress leader was admitted to the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (SGRH) last evening.
The highest package offered during the pre-placements has been Rs 28.16 lakh per annum.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat at his residence and was attended by senior RSS members, a statement by the organisation read.
Two people are said to be injured in the accident, while three died on spot.
More than 20 people were hospitalised on Friday after chlorine gas leaked at 'Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan' here.
Four soldiers and three civilians are reportedly missing after a cloudburst hit the Mangta Nala region of Uttarakhand on Monday.
Yet another incident of braid chopping under mysterious circumstances has been reported from Udham Singh Nagar's Kichha area in Uttarakhand.
A bus carrying 20 passengers slipped into a gorge due to landslide, reported ANI on Saturday.
The torrential downpour also lead to leaking of current in the Refugee Colony leading to short-circuit at some places.
Major Kamlesh Pandey and a soldier were killed in Shopian district in an ambush by the Hizbul Mujahideen militants.
The principal of the school has suspended the teacher.
A public school teacher here has been booked for stripping two girl students in the classroom for faring poorly in the English test, a senior police official said on Thursday.
India and China are currently at loggerheads over Doklam plateau in Bhutan.
To promote Uttarakhand's local dialects, Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Thursday posted two tweets in Garhwali and asked people to communicate with him in local languages on social media.
Heavy showers are likely to occur at isolated places especially in Kumaon over the next 48 hours.
A Himalayan declaration will be issued at the end of the meet through which the Niti Ayog will be apprised of the deliberations held at the two-day event.
During the month of 'Sawan', thousands of devotees participate in Yatras that hold religious importance.
The weather department on Tuesday issued a heavy rain alert in many parts of Uttarakhand over the next 24 hours.
Noted Yoga guru and founder of the Patanjali Ayurveda has now made a foray into the lucrative security business.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Thursday banned the dumping of any kind of waste within 500 metres of the Holy river Ganga's edge and called for strict against those who violate its order.
A major tragedy was averted, when a goods train ran without an engine for around eight kms in Uttarakahnd's Khatima area on Wednesday.
The Regional Met Office warned of heavy to very heavy rains till Friday.
Mukherjee, who was on a day-long visit here, was received by Uttarakhand Governor K K Paul and Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat at the airport.
The conflict between the Congress and their legislators arose during a debate over the Finance Bill during Budget Session of the Uttarakhand Assembly.
Tension gripped the town when a minor boy allegedly posted 'offensive' picture of the Kedarnath shrine on Facebook.
- B'desh PM Sheikh Hasina slams Pak in UN for 1971 atrocities
- India replies strongly to Pak PM in UN, terms Pakistan as 'Terroristan'
- Cornered Pakistan plays Kashmir-card again at UN
- Honeypreet's husband Vishwas Gupta addresses a press conference - Watch
- Governance is not about votes, nation comes first: PM Modi
- Myanmar reaches out to Rohingyas, encourages them to start moving back home
- Two terrorists involved in attack on SSB convoy arrested in Banihal
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan over terrorism in UNGA address
- PM Modi flags off Mahamana Express from Varanasi
- 101-year-old becomes fastest female centenarian in the world
- Modi in Varanasi: PM inaugurates Deendayal Hastkala Sankul
- Shabir Shah confesses to links with Hafiz Saeed: ED chargeheet
- North Korea threatens H-bomb detonation in Pacific
- Senior journalist KJ Singh found dead at his residence in Mohali
- A look at Reliance Jio phone features
- Meet Nirvaan, India's smallest and youngest baby born after 22 weeks
- China's snub to Pakistan at UN: Won't meddle in Kashmir, solve it with India
- IRCTC blocks debit card payment gateway for several banks
- Toddler dies half an hour after allegedly being administered polio drops in Ludhiana
- Golmaal Again: Ajay Devgn - Rohit Shetty’s funny team is back to tickle your funny bone – Watch trailer
- Virat Kohli plays 10 times better when he fights with people: Stuart Clark warns Australia
- Ranbir is a bachelor, can meet anybody: Rishi Kapoor on son's leaked pics with Mahira Khan
- The trailer of 'Amazon Obhijaan' is exhilarating – Watch
- It is now 'terroristan': India hits back at Pakistan at UN
- Mahira Khan slammed by haters for viral pictures with Ranbir Kapoor
- Sensex nosedives 448 points, Nifty under 10K-mark amid global sell-off
- Rahul Gandhi describes Mahatma Gandhi as an NRI, says Congress movement was an NRI movement
- Watch: When Kuldeep Yadav took his first hat-trick in India colours three years ago
- Dawood's wife visited Mumbai last year to meet father: Iqbal Kaskar to cops
- Bhoomi movie tweet review