The Uttarakhand High Court had earlier this year accorded the status of "living human entities" to the Ganga and Yamuna rivers to help in their "preservation and conservation".
With the Uttarakhand High Court directing the judicial magistrate to seize the EVMs used during the assembly polls, the Congress has called on the poll panel to `come clear` and convince the nation of no tampering and manipulation with the voting machines.
The Uttarakhand High Court on Thursday issued notice to the Election Commission and the state government on a petition alleging tampering of EVMs in Dehradun's Vikasnagar constituency.
The EVMs are under scanner after the opposition parties have alleged that the BJP had tampered the machines to ensure favorable results.
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Tuesday took to Twitter to inform about his well-being after some messages went viral on WhatsApp and other social media sites saying that something unfortunate happened with him.
The Uttarakhand government has sought a Rs 500 crore assistance from the Centre on the lines of the compensation that was given to Jammu and Kashmir citing the massive damage caused by a cloudburst in 2013 as well as by droughts and rains later.
Four persons, including a woman, were killed when their car fell into a deep gorge in Lansdowne area of Uttarakhand's Pauri district, police said today.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Thursday removed the red beacon from his car after Cabinet decision. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday decided to do away with beacons of all kinds atop all categories of vehicles in the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has dubbed triple talaq a "bad social practice".
The ruling BJP and the main opposition party Congress are on a collision course in Uttarakhand after the later said that the national song 'Vande Matram' will not be sung at the party's official programmes for one month "come what may".
The MeT department on Thrusday warned of heat wave conditions in Uttarakhand, forecasting rise in maximum temperatures after April 17.
The state executive meeting of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will be held on April 23-24 in Nainital, a party leader announced on Monday.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat called on his Uttar Pradesh counterpart Yogi Adityanath here on Monday - in the first meeting between the two BJP leaders.
Uttarakhand Minister Dhan Singh Rawat has said that singing of the national anthem and national song in colleges would be made compulsory from the next academic session in July.
People in the hill state of Uttarakhand are set to beat the heat as the Met department on Tuesday has predicted moderate to heavy rains in the next 48-hours.
Dehradun continued to singe as the temperature climbed to 35.8 degrees Celsius, another record. The last equivalent temperature was seen in 2001.
The BJP-ruled Uttarakhand government has started taking measures to attract Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the state.
Tightening the noose around illegal meat shops in Uttarakhand, the BJP-led state government has ordered to shut down such shops along River Ganga.
The Supreme Court on Friday stayed the Nainital High Court`s order of complete prohibition of sale and consumption of liquor from April 1.
The Uttarakhand Government on Friday imposed a ban on the sale of liquor in Uttarkashi, Chamoli and Rudraprayag districts.
Consumers in Uttarakhand will have to shell more for electricity from April 1 onwards after the state government hiked the power tariff by 5.72 per cent.
Besides Hridayesh, Karan Mahara, Pritam Singh and Govind Singh Kunjwal were in the race for the key position.
Newly-elected Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Friday wrote to the Centre demanding a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) enquiry in the NH-74 scam.
Three-time BJP MLA from Rishikesh, Prem Chandra Agrawal, was on Thursday elected unopposed as the Speaker of the Uttarakhand Assembly.
Eighteen students of DAV degree college here have been expelled for taking admission into the first semester LLB course of the prestigious institute on the basis of fake documents.
New Delhi: Newly elected Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat today met Prime Minister Narendra Modi who asked him to lay emphasis on fighting corruption.
Trivendra Singh Rawat, who recently took over as the Uttarakhand chief minister, is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi here on Wednesday.
Senior BJP MLA Harbans Kapoor was today sworn-in as the the Protem Speaker of the Uttarakhand Assembly.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Monday asserted that their government would soon make it compulsory for ministers to provide details of their properties.
Uttarakhand ministers, led by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, will take part in a cleanliness drive in different areas of the state tomorrow as part of the Prime Minister's Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Delhi deputy CM Manish Sisodia calls Anna Hazare 'fraud'
- Yogi effect: Wearing saffron outfit is the latest trend in UP
- Don't make triple talaq a political issue, appeals PM Modi
- Cricketer Gautam Gambhir to bear expenses of Sukma martyrs' children
- UP special task force seals 7 petrol pumps in Lucknow
- Are the youth in Kashmir forced to join terror forces? Terrorist bears all
- Now, UP govt to present work report of 100 days
- Watch! Heart-warming video of 10-year-old Chilean girl battling cancer dancing on hospital bed
- DNA: Analysing the harmful effects of plastic toys
- Watch: PM Modi addresses people at International Basavanna Convention
- Huge crowd gathers to pay last respects to 24-year-old martyr Capt Ayush Yadav
- How long will the triple talaq issue continue to bother Muslims?
- DNA: How villagers bid adieu to Sukma attack martyr Banna Ram
- DNA: Analysing how petrol pumps are making frauds on measurements
- Kashmir violence: Centre refuses to talk to Kashmiri separatist leaders
- 7th Pay Commission allowances: Panel submits report to FM Jaitley; govt employees set to get HRA hike of up to 178%
- Rajasthan: THIS wedding card is crashing Internet and PM Narendra Modi will be pleased
- IPL 2017: Ever seen MS Dhoni swing this hard? Here's what happened to the ball — WATCH
- Is Dawood Ibrahim dead? Chhota Shakeel reveals about underworld don's health
- Did Eman's sister ignore doctors' advice? Cops called in after Shaimaa feeds world's heaviest woman water
- Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir to bear education expenses of slain CRPF soldiers' children
- Baahubali 2: Early morning shows cancelled in Tamil Nadu
- Anna Hazare called 'BJP Agent' on Twitter, Manish Sisodia retweets it
- 'Bahubali 2: The Conclusion' makes history, becomes first film to enter Rs 100 crore club on Day 1
- Bizarre! Girl's 'two-faced' mirror reflection creates sensation on social media – See pic
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion - SS Rajamouli's magnum opus takes Box Office by storm, shatters all records
- If there's a referendum in Balochistan, people will vote for India, says top Baloch leader
- With 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion', Prabhas leaves behind Aamir Khan and Salman Khan!
- Corruption on decline in India; Karnataka ranked most corrupt, Himachal Pradesh least: Survey
- Bollywood diva Disha Patani rates Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh on a scale of 1 to 10 – Watch Video