Three-time BJP MLA from Rishikesh, Prem Chandra Agrawal, was on Thursday elected unopposed as the Speaker of the Uttarakhand Assembly.
Eighteen students of DAV degree college here have been expelled for taking admission into the first semester LLB course of the prestigious institute on the basis of fake documents.
New Delhi: Newly elected Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat today met Prime Minister Narendra Modi who asked him to lay emphasis on fighting corruption.
Trivendra Singh Rawat, who recently took over as the Uttarakhand chief minister, is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi here on Wednesday.
Senior BJP MLA Harbans Kapoor was today sworn-in as the the Protem Speaker of the Uttarakhand Assembly.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Monday asserted that their government would soon make it compulsory for ministers to provide details of their properties.
Uttarakhand ministers, led by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, will take part in a cleanliness drive in different areas of the state tomorrow as part of the Prime Minister's Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday promised that the BJP government in Uttarakhand led by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat will return the public affection with a record development in the state.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Trivendra Singh Rawat was sworn in as Uttarakhand Chief Minister on Saturday.
Trivendra Singh Rawat, who was on Friday elected leader of the BJP Legislature Party, will take oath as the next Chief Minister of Uttarakhand on Saturday.
Though there is no word officially from the BJP yet on the ministers to be sworn-in along with the chief minister tomorrow, quite a few names are doing the rounds.
As Trivendra Singh Rawat prepares to take charge as the CM of Uttarakhand, he faces a Herculean task of keeping the BJP's flock of 57 MLAS intact and living up to PM Modi's expectations in delivering the big promises made to the voters of the hill state in the party manifesto during the assembly elections.
Trivendra Singh Rawat promised to work towards Prime Minister Narendra Modi's goal of eliminating corruption and poverty.
BJP recorded a landslide victory winning 56 of the 70 Uttarakhand Assembly seats.
PM Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah along with select ministers from the Union government and central office bearers are likely to be present at the oath taking ceremony.
After the Holi break, that followed the landslide victory of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the rout of the ruling Congress in the hill state of Uttarakhand, political activity is picking up on both sides of the spectrum.
After facing a humiliating defeat in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, the Congress Party on Sunday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of indulging in polarisation policy.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Parliamentary Board will meet on Sunday in New Delhi to decide the names of the Chief Ministers in the states where it has got the majority to from the government. Here are all the LIVE updates:-
BJP leaders attributed it to the Narendra Modi wave and a strong anti-incumbency against Harish Rawat who lost both the seats he contested.
An overjoyed Prime Minister Narendra Modi today described as "very humbling and overwhelming" the poll victories that the BJP got in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand and thanked people for "continued faith and support".
The Bharatiya Janata Party has scripted a wonderful success story in Congress-ruled Uttarakhand Assembly Elections 2017.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh today described the BJP's performance in assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand as "mega victory".
The BJP was on Saturday set to storm back to power in the hill state of Uttarakhand with a two-thirds majority in the 70-member assembly. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Saturday lost from both the Haridwar (Rural) and Kichcha seats. Over 68 percent of the electorate voted in the Uttarakhand Polls 2017.
Former Uttarakhand chief minister Vijay Bahuguna's son Saurabh Bahuguna is in the fray from Sitarganj in the Uttarakhand Assembly Polls 2017.
Harish Rawat loses from both seats - Kicha and Haridwar
The exit polls on Thursday predicted a hung Assembly in the crucial state of Uttar Pradesh where they said BJP would emerge as the largest single party.
Uttarakhand witnessed over 68 percent voter turnout in 69 out of the state's 70 seats.
Around 74.20 lakh voters have decided on the fate of 628 candidates as 69 of a total of 70 assembly seats went to polling in the single phase assembly elections in Uttarakhand on February 15.
Nearly 41.5 percent of the electorates have cast their votes in the ongoing poll in the Karnaprayag Assembly seat till 1 pm, the district election office said.
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Dr Subhash Chandra donates his salary to PM Relief Fund
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- DNA: Why are Tamil Nadu farmers protesting with 'skulls' in Delhi?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- DNA: Today in history, 24 March 2017
- DNA: Today in history, 23 March 2017
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- PM Modi picks IAS officer B Chandralekha to head Swachh Bharat Mission – Know about her
- Here's everything you need to know about Shaun Tait's wife, Mashoom Singha — PHOTOS INSIDE
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Incredible! This video of a boy being saved from a menacing tiger has over 10 lakh views – WATCH
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks former DM of Gorakhpur as principal secretary
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE