A jeep carrying tourists at Jim Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand was followed by an uninvited giant mammal for good few seconds before it stopped to change its route.
At least three people were killed and nine injured after being hit by lighting in Uttarkashi.
Guru Gobind Singh performed 'Tapasya' at Hemkunt Sahib which is situated about 21 km away on the Badrinath National Highway.
Bodies of 22 pilgrims were airlifted to Indore in Madhya Pradesh.
Students can check the results, once available, here - uaresults.nic.in.
The death toll in the bus accident near Nalupani in the district has mounted to 24 after three more bodies were recovered today from the mangled remains of the vehicle which fell into Bhagirathi river.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed grief over the tragic incident and expressed solidarity with the kin of the deceased.
A bus full of pilgrims from Indore, Madhya Pradesh were returning from the Gangotri shrine when the accident took place in Uttarkashi.
In a tragic incident, at least 22 persons lost their lives whereas almost eight others received injuries after a bus ferrying pilgrims plunged into the Bhagirathi river near Nalupani here on Tuesday evening.
The incident happened on the Almorah-Haldwani highway near Lohali.
The Rishikesh-Badrinath National Highway which was shut on Friday near Vishnuprayag in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district due to a massive landslide was re-opened for traffic on Sunday.
The highway has been closed near Vishnuprayag, one of the five confluences of Alaknanda river, between Joshimath and Badrinath, the famous pilgrim spot in Uttarakhand.
Post the 2013 flash floods that killed thousands, the pilgrimage had evoked lukewarm response over the past few years.
The EC submitted that since it seals the machines after the conclusion of any election, such a direction was not needed.
The two day meet of Rashtryia Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) affiliate Muslim Rashtryia Manch (MRM) kicks off in Roorkee district of Uttar Pradesh amid a row over beef consumption and protection of cows.
As part of its restructuring, the Congress on Thursday initiated changes in some state units appointing new presidents for Uttarakhand and Punjab, and a general secretary in-charge for Rajasthan.
Chakrata MLA Pritam Singh was on Thursday appointed as the new president of the Uttarakhand Congress where the party was routed in the recent assembly polls.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Thursday issued a notice to the Centre, Uttarakhand Government and the Border Road Organisation in regard to the illegal dumping of debris into the Ganga river.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was one of the first to offer prayers at the fabled Kedarnath temple here as the shrine on Wednesday opened its doors after a six month long winter break.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi this morning offered prayers at the Kedarnath temple in Uttarakhand which reopened today following a six-month winter break.
PM Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed a gathering after inaugurating Patanjali Research Institute in Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is committed to end the VIP culture prevalent in the country, has shown that he practices what he preaches others.
PM Narendra Modi, who inaugurated the Patanjali Research Institute at Patanjali Yogapeeth in Haridwar, on Wednesday stressed on preventive healthcare while also urging people to take a pledge for cleanliness. Earlier in the day, PM Modi paid a visit to the revered Kedarnath Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Opposition Congress today staged a walkout in the Uttarakhand Assembly stressing on its demand for a neutral probe into allegations that a BJP leader tried to extort money from a rice mill owner in Udham Singh Nagar district at the behest of a state minister.
After last week's order of the high court six more election petitions were filed there seeking the sealing and investigation of the EVMs of six more constituencies.
Uttarakhand High Court on Monday ordered the sealing of Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) in the strong rooms for six assembly constituencies, within 48 hrs.
George Ivan Gregoryman was today nominated as the 71st member of the present Uttarakhand Assembly, which has 70 elected members and one nominated member from the Anglo-Indian community.
The Uttarakhand High Court had earlier this year accorded the status of "living human entities" to the Ganga and Yamuna rivers to help in their "preservation and conservation".
With the Uttarakhand High Court directing the judicial magistrate to seize the EVMs used during the assembly polls, the Congress has called on the poll panel to `come clear` and convince the nation of no tampering and manipulation with the voting machines.
The Uttarakhand High Court on Thursday issued notice to the Election Commission and the state government on a petition alleging tampering of EVMs in Dehradun's Vikasnagar constituency.
- Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Kashmir
- Man brutally beaten to death by woman in Ghaziabad for obscene phone calls
- 17-year-old boy develops unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Intelligence Bureau issues alert for infiltration of 22 terrorists from Jaisalmer border
- CBSE Class XII results: Amity International School, Noida's Raksha Gopal tops with 99.6%
- Does India deserve the best facilities? Tejas Express defiled after first day of operations
- Watch: This is how Delhi's Ayesha Falak saved her brother-in-law from kidnappers
- 17-year-old boy invents unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Rahul Gandhi meets Saharanpur violence victims at border
- Watch: India's strategic plan to extinguish terrorism from Kashmir
- Appalling! Patients shunted out of Agra hospital for Minister's visit to reduce 'clutter'
- Exclusive: In conversation with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu over changes in Indian Railway
- DNA: NASA, ISRO join hands to build Earth-imaging satellite 'NISAR'
- Soaps, shampoos distributed among locals in Kushinagar before Yogi Adityanath's visit
- DNA: Today in history, May 27, 2017
- Rajasthan Board 12th Arts Result 2017: Check RBSE 12th Class Arts Result at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- HSC Result 2017: mahresult.nic.in Maharashtra HSC Result 2017 to be declared by May 30, 2017
- Idea Data Jackpot Offer: Get 10 GB monthly data for 3 months at just Rs 100
- Tral encounter: Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Pulwama; shutdown in Kashmir Valley
- CBSE class 12 results: Here's topper Raksha Gopal's marksheet; it is going viral - This is UNBELIEVABLE!
- West Bengal Madhyamik Result: WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared shortly; check wbresults.nic.in
- ICC Champions Trophy 2017, Warm-up: India vs New Zealand — As it happened...
- Zika virus in India: Symptoms, treatment and protective measures you need to follow!
- Hizbul Commander Sabzar Bhat killed: Know how Burhan Wani's successor was tracked by intelligence agencies
- Chennai: Three burnt to death inside a car
- Tral Encounter: Virender Sehwag ‘salutes’ Indian Army for killing top Hizbul Mujahideen commander Sabzar Ahmad Bhat
- Rejection in love prompted Sabzar Bhat become a Hizbul terrorist – Complete details inside
- Mitchell McCleneghan slams fan for anti-Muslim rant on Twitter