Besides Hridayesh, Karan Mahara, Pritam Singh and Govind Singh Kunjwal were in the race for the key position.
Newly-elected Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Friday wrote to the Centre demanding a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) enquiry in the NH-74 scam.
Three-time BJP MLA from Rishikesh, Prem Chandra Agrawal, was on Thursday elected unopposed as the Speaker of the Uttarakhand Assembly.
Eighteen students of DAV degree college here have been expelled for taking admission into the first semester LLB course of the prestigious institute on the basis of fake documents.
New Delhi: Newly elected Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat today met Prime Minister Narendra Modi who asked him to lay emphasis on fighting corruption.
Trivendra Singh Rawat, who recently took over as the Uttarakhand chief minister, is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi here on Wednesday.
Senior BJP MLA Harbans Kapoor was today sworn-in as the the Protem Speaker of the Uttarakhand Assembly.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Monday asserted that their government would soon make it compulsory for ministers to provide details of their properties.
Uttarakhand ministers, led by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, will take part in a cleanliness drive in different areas of the state tomorrow as part of the Prime Minister's Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday promised that the BJP government in Uttarakhand led by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat will return the public affection with a record development in the state.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Trivendra Singh Rawat was sworn in as Uttarakhand Chief Minister on Saturday.
Trivendra Singh Rawat, who was on Friday elected leader of the BJP Legislature Party, will take oath as the next Chief Minister of Uttarakhand on Saturday.
Though there is no word officially from the BJP yet on the ministers to be sworn-in along with the chief minister tomorrow, quite a few names are doing the rounds.
As Trivendra Singh Rawat prepares to take charge as the CM of Uttarakhand, he faces a Herculean task of keeping the BJP's flock of 57 MLAS intact and living up to PM Modi's expectations in delivering the big promises made to the voters of the hill state in the party manifesto during the assembly elections.
Trivendra Singh Rawat promised to work towards Prime Minister Narendra Modi's goal of eliminating corruption and poverty.
BJP recorded a landslide victory winning 56 of the 70 Uttarakhand Assembly seats.
PM Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah along with select ministers from the Union government and central office bearers are likely to be present at the oath taking ceremony.
After the Holi break, that followed the landslide victory of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the rout of the ruling Congress in the hill state of Uttarakhand, political activity is picking up on both sides of the spectrum.
After facing a humiliating defeat in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, the Congress Party on Sunday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of indulging in polarisation policy.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Parliamentary Board will meet on Sunday in New Delhi to decide the names of the Chief Ministers in the states where it has got the majority to from the government. Here are all the LIVE updates:-
BJP leaders attributed it to the Narendra Modi wave and a strong anti-incumbency against Harish Rawat who lost both the seats he contested.
An overjoyed Prime Minister Narendra Modi today described as "very humbling and overwhelming" the poll victories that the BJP got in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand and thanked people for "continued faith and support".
The Bharatiya Janata Party has scripted a wonderful success story in Congress-ruled Uttarakhand Assembly Elections 2017.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh today described the BJP's performance in assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand as "mega victory".
The BJP was on Saturday set to storm back to power in the hill state of Uttarakhand with a two-thirds majority in the 70-member assembly. Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Saturday lost from both the Haridwar (Rural) and Kichcha seats. Over 68 percent of the electorate voted in the Uttarakhand Polls 2017.
Former Uttarakhand chief minister Vijay Bahuguna's son Saurabh Bahuguna is in the fray from Sitarganj in the Uttarakhand Assembly Polls 2017.
Harish Rawat loses from both seats - Kicha and Haridwar
The exit polls on Thursday predicted a hung Assembly in the crucial state of Uttar Pradesh where they said BJP would emerge as the largest single party.
Uttarakhand witnessed over 68 percent voter turnout in 69 out of the state's 70 seats.
Around 74.20 lakh voters have decided on the fate of 628 candidates as 69 of a total of 70 assembly seats went to polling in the single phase assembly elections in Uttarakhand on February 15.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Separatists call for Kashmir bandh today
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: Exclusive report on joint exercise conducted by India and Oman soldiers
- Nigerians beaten up by locals in Greater Noida
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- India defeat Australia by eight wickets, reclaim Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- Public outrage after fire breaks out in Neelganga area in Ujjain, around 20 shops burnt
- Delhi MCD Election: What concerns do Delhiites have in their mind?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of an afternoon nap
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Fuming Sakshi Rawat asked if 'is there any privacy left' or not after husband MS Dhoni's private Aadhaar info leaked on Twitter
- Shakti devotees Narendra Modi, Yogi Adityanath begin 9-day Chaitra Navratri fast
- Raju Srivastava replaces Sunil Grover, becomes permanent member of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Rupee hits 17-month high; gains past 65 vs US dollar
- Have you ever seen a fish like this one? It's 20-feet long, weighs 700 kgs
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- Oppo sacks Chinese employee who insulted Indian flag
- 'Man of action` Yogi Adityanath comes to the rescue of a woman facing torture over dowry
- BIG DEBATE - Muslims are 68% in J&K, why they are still considered minority?
- Samajwadi Party rift widens, Mulayam cancels dinner after party MLAs warned not to attend