Fire breaks out at cemical godown in Burrabazar

A fire broke out at a godown located in an old building of Burrabazar area of central Kolkata on Wednesday, the police said.

PTI| Last Updated: May 17, 2017, 12:20 PM IST

Kolkata: A fire broke out at a godown located in an old building of Burrabazar area of central Kolkata on Wednesday, the police said.

There was no report of any casualty done.

Three fire tenders fought for over half an hour to bring the high rising flames under control.

The godown on Portuguese Church Street of Burrabazar was stacked with chemicals, police reported.

The fire was suspected to have been caused by short circuit.