Kolkata: A fire broke out at Aminia restaurant near New Market – one of the oldest restaurants in Kolkata – on Thursday morning. Four fire tenders have rushed to the spot.
Photos of the incident site show the restaurant interiors completely gutted by fire. The situation is now under control.
West Bengal: Fire broke out at a shop near New Market area in Kolkata, now under control pic.twitter.com/vsSTm5JvRj
— ANI (@ANI) November 9, 2017
The incident occurred around 10.25 am near the Kolkata Municipal Corporation office. The British-era marketplace is one of the busiest`s spots in the heart of the city.
"Three fire tenders rushed to the spot soon after the fire was reported at 10.25 am. Apparently cause of fire is due explosion of a cooking gas cylinder," a Fire department official said.
Details would be known after an detailed investigation, they said adding that the fire is now under control and there was no report of any casualty.
Aminia, a Mughlai cuisine restaurant, has over 10 outlets in the city. Its first restaurant opened in 1929 in Zakaria Street.
With agency inputs