Kolkata: Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool Congress on Wednesday won four out of seven municipalities in West Bengal that went to polls on May 14 began on Wednesday.
- GJM bags Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kurseong. GJM won 31 out of the 32 seats in Darjeeling. Kurseong 17 out of 20. GJM-BJP alliance wrests control on Kalimpong by winning 11 out of 23 wards.
TMC won 18/21 wards in Domkal Municipality under Murshidabad district. INC won 1, CPI(M) 2; all 3 joined TMC later.
- TMC achieves victory in three out of 20 wards in Kurseong municipality.
- Mamata's Trinamool wins 20/21 wards in Domkal municipality.
Results at 9:37 am: (Mirik 9/9, TMC 6) - (Domkal 18/21, TMC 18) - (Pujali 16/16, TMC 12) - (Raiganj 27/27, TMC 24)
- Kurseong municipality - Total wards 20; TMC leads in three wards
- Darjeeling municipality - Total wards: 32; Trinamool wins 1 ward in Darjeeling municipality. Total wards: 32
- Pujali municipality: Total wards 16; Trinamool wins 11/15 wards
Wards declared so far: Mirik 9/9, TMC 6 Domkal 18/21, TMC 18 Pujali 13/16, TMC 9 Raiganj 20/27, TMC 15
- Raiganj total wards 27 - Trinamool wins 15 wards in out of 20 declared. It has majority in the municipality now.
- Trinamool wins Pujali municipality by winning 9/14 wards. Total wards: 16
Wards declared so far:
Mirik 9/9, TMC 6
Domkal 18/21, TMC 18
Pujali 13/16, TMC 9
Raiganj 20/27, TMC 15
- Raiganj municipality - Total wards 27; Trinamool leads in 15/18 wards
- Trinamool wins in Mirik municipality by winning 6 out of 9 wards
- Raiganj municipality - Total wards 27; Trinamool leads in 7/9 wards
- Pujali municipality - Total wards 16; Trinamool leads in 5/7 wards
- Trinamool leads in 18/21 wards of Domkal municipality
- Trinamool leads in 6/9 wards of Mirik municipality
- TMC wins in four wards of Pujali municipality
- The ruling party registers win in seven wards of Raiganj municipality
- Trinamool wins in four wards of Raiganj municipality
- Mamata Banerjee's TMC wins in two wards of Pujali municipality
- Trinamool Congress wins in 2 wards of Raiganj municipality.
- Counting begins in seven municipalities
The polls were held for four municipalities in the northern Bengal hills - Darjeeling, Kurseong and Mirik Notified Area Authority in Darjeeling district and Kalimpong in Kalimpong district. Besides, Raiganj municipality in North Dinajpur district, Domkal in Murshidabad district and Pujali in South 24 Parganas district are also up for grabs.
The overall turnout was nearly 68 percent, according to State Election Commission sources. Pujali registered 79.6 percent voting, the highest out of the seven, while Darjeeling had the lowest of 52 percent.
Domkal recorded 77.5 percent, Mirik Notified Area 74.3 percent, Kurseong 66.1 percent, Raiganj 66 percent and Kalimpong had a 58.1 percent turnout of voters.