Midnapore: Trinamool Congress leader and former health minister Chandrima Bhattacharya won the Kanthi Dakshin Assembly seat in East Midnapore district by 42,526 votes.
While Bhattacharya got 95,369 votes, BJP's Sourindramohan Jana garnered 52,843.
- Trinamool Congress candidate Chandrima Bhattacharya wins by 42,526 votes after final Round in Kanthi Dakshin.
- Trinamool leads by around 42,000 votes after 15th Round
- Trinamool leads by around 41,000 votes after 14th Round in Kanthi Dakshin.
- Trinamool leads by around 39,000 votes after 13th Round
- Trinamool leads by around 36,000 votes after 12th Round
- Trinamool leads by around 35,000 votes after 11th Round.11th Round.
- Trinamool leads by around 32,000 votes after 10th round.10th round.
- Ninth round of counting for Kanthi Dakshin seat: TMC leader Chandrima Bhattacharya leads by 29,000 votes.
- Trinamool leads by around 23,500 votes after 8th round.
- Seventh round of counting for in Kanthi Dakshin seat: Trinamool Congress leads by around 17,500 votes.
- Chandrima Bhattacharya marches ahead by leading in around 15,000 votes after 6th Round.
- The ruling party leads by around 12,000 votes after 5th Round in Kanthi Dakshin
- TMC leader Chandrima Bhattacharya leads by around 9000 votes after 4th Round in Kanthi Dakshin
- Trinamool leads by around 6000 votes after 3rd Round in Kanthi Dakshin.
An estimated 82 per cent polling was recorded in the by-poll to Kanthi Dakshin Assembly in East Midnapore district on Sunday in a peaceful election.
Trinamool Congress' Chandrima Bhattacharya is contesting from the constituency in East Midnapore district.
The seat had fallen vacant after the party's sitting legislator Dibyendu Adhikari was elected to the Lok Sabha from the Tamluk seat in a by-poll last year.
The Left Front nominated Uttam Pradhan of the Communist Party of India (CPI), while Sourindramohan Jana and Nabakumar Chanda were contesting on BJP and Congress tickets respectively.