With the recovery of two more bodies on Thursday the toll in the jetty collapse in the Hooghly river at Bhadreswar in Hooghly district rose to five.
West Bengal News
BJP national president Amit Shah on Thursday urged the party`s West Bengal leaders to reach out to the masses and fight for their rights as according to him the people were now favourably disposed towards their party.
At least three persons died and 13 others were still missing after a temporary jetty on the Hooghly river collapsed in Hooghly district of west Bengal on Wednesday, the police said.
Taking a swipe at Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee, BJP chief Amit Shah on Wednesday said she has been suffering from "BJP phobia" and claimed that her constant criticism of his party was indicative of its rise in Bengal.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Wednesday asserted that action is being taken against cow vigilantes and the party maintains that no one should take the law into their own hands.
At least three people were killed after a jetty submerged in water due to high tide in Bhadreswar of Hooghly district, West Bengal.
Kicking-off his 15-day "Vistaar Yatra" (party expansion tour) in West Bengal's Naxalbari, the birthplace of the Maoist movement in India, on Tuesday, BJP President Amit Shah on Tuesday took on the ruling Trinamool Congress as being "even worse" than the state's erstwhile Left Front regime.
Continuing to voice her opposition to sharing Teesta waters with Bangladesh, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday claimed that the river had dried up and if its water had to be shared, the people and the farmers in the region would not get a drop.
Trinamool Congress will not be able to stop Narendra Modi's chariot, Amit Shah stated on Tuesday.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today asked the people of the state not to support the BJP, alleging that the saffron outfit "divides people in the name of religion."
Terming the BJP as a party that endorses the ideology of polarisation and riots, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee on Tuesday urged people not to join the party at any cost.
Trinamool Congress MP Aparupa Poddar on Tuesday moved the Calcutta High Court, seeking the quashing of a CBI FIR against her in the Narada sting case.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today visited the house of CRPF jawan K K Das who was killed in the Naxal attack at Sukma in Chhatisgarh and said that the state govrnment would give Rs five lakh to the family of the slain jawan.
West Bengal Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Dilip Ghosh on Friday reiterated his controversial statement, saying those who will oppose "Bharat Mata ki jai" and "Jai Sri Ram" slogan will be relegated to history.
Seasonal thunderstorm swept across various parts of the city and suburban areas disrupting train services and blocking major roads by uprooting trees on Saturday evening.
With two more persons succumbing to their injuries since the late hours on Friday, the toll in the crude bomb explosion in West Bengal`s Birbhum district has risen to nine, police said on Saturday.
An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a cab driver inside a vehicle in southern part of the city.
West Midnapore Superintendent of Police (SP) Bharati Ghosh said a probe is on and they will also examine the suicide note.
At least seven people were killed and several others injured in a crude bomb explosion in West Bengal`s Birhum district on Friday, police said.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was On Friday re-elected as the chairperson of the All India Trinmool Congress for six years.
The CBI on Monday filed an FIR against 13 people, including senior TMC leaders who were purportedly seen taking money, in the Narada case.
The Vice President of the Republic of Mauritius Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory today visited Ramakrishna Math and Mission headquarters at Belur Math and paid obeisance at the temples here.
At least two students were killed and ten were injured after a truck hit their auto-rickshaw on the Northern Highway 60 in the West Midnapore district of West Bengal.The accident took place near Bhadutala of Salboni Police station.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday accused the BJP and its sister organisations of distorting her views and opinions and misleading the people by using fake accounts on social media.
Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday decided to field party candidates in the 2018 Odisha urban local bodies elections.
Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani on Wednesday said BJP's progress in the recent Kanthi Dakshin assembly by-polls indicated the "declining popularity" of West Bengal's ruling Trinamool Congress (TMC) and other political parties.
Reacting to an FIR lodged by the CBI in the Narada sting case, West Bengal Rural Development Minister Subrata Mukherjee on Tuesday said he has a lot to say on the issue but is keeping quiet under party instructions.
Twelve TMC leaders have been booked by the CBI for corruption in the Narada sting case.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said that the BJP does not want to run the country on the basis of caste or religion, but of humanity and justice.
Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti on Friday held herself responsible for the appointment of Mamata Banerjee as the West Bengal Chief Minister, adding the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will form the next government in the state with absolute majority.
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP wins big, thanks Delhiites for faith in party
- Delhi MCD Election Results 2017: Confident of BJP's win in civic polls, says Manoj Tiwari
- PM Modi launches first Udan flight from Shimla to Delhi
- Discussion - The big issues of Delhi MCD elections 2017
- It's people's mandate, accept it gracefully: Sheila Dikshit on MCD election results
- MCD Election Results 2017: Role of Muslims in BJP's victory in Delhi
- Reason behind AAP losing MCD elections - Watch
- AAP's Sanjay Singh resigns as Punjab incharge after Delhi rout
- Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar appointed new DG CRPF
- UP: Muslim woman gets triple talaq via speed post in Amroha
- Bollywood actor and BJP MP Vinod Khanna passes away at 70
- Watch - Canadian woman stuck on crane being rescued by Toronto firefighter!
- Anna Hazare slams Arvind Kejriwal, says there's difference between his action and words
- DNA: Comparison between Army and CRPF's preparation for different operations
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP headed for landslide win in Delhi
- Check bse.odisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic; Odisha BSE HSC Class 10 Results 2017, BSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha Matric Results 2017 declared
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results declared. Check cgbse.nic.in, results.cg.nic.in
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared today; check jeemain.nic.in and cbseresults.nic.in
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results to be declared today at cgbse.nic.in
- Vinod Khanna dies of cancer – All you need to know about the condition that killed the veteran actor
- Actor-politician Vinod Khanna passes away
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared on April 27; check jeemain.nic.in
- Britain reduced India to one of the "poorest, illiterate and diseased places on Earth", need a museum to educate children: Shashi Tharoor
- Spat between world's heaviest woman Eman's kin & doctors gets murkier, mother releases new video
- Harbhajan Singh accuses Jet Airways pilot of racism; airline apologises, derosters accused
- Pakistan rejects India's request for consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav, says it is meant for prisoners, not spies
- THIS decision proved master stroke for BJP in MCD elections
- Udaipur boy Kalpit Veerval tops JEE-Main exam, creates history with 360/360 score
- Salman Khan’s TV show may replace ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’?
- 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' frenzy – Planning to book tickets? You might have to go through all this