Three Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists, including two Pakistani nationals, were sentenced to death by a West Bengal fast-track court on Saturday for plotting subversive strikes in Kashmir.
West Bengal News
CBI on Wednesday said that the arrest of two TMC leaders in connection with the Rose Valley ponzi scam was not related to the party's vehement opposition to demonetisation and was merely "co-incidental".
South 24 Parganas` Bhangar is on the boil since last week over "forced" acquisition of 16 acres of farmland by the state government for Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.
Clashes broke out between two factions of the ruling Trinamool Congress at Bhangor today over the project land and police had to intervene to keep the situation under control.
In the Rose Valley scam case, the CBI has arrested Sudip Badyopadhyay and Tapas Pal, MPs of Trinamool Congress, which is in power in West Bengal.
A fire broke out at the Presidency University here on Monday but there were no casualties, the fire department said.
In an unfortunate incident, at least six persons died on Sunday after a stampede took place in Gangasagar Mela.
Senior West Bengal BJP leader Jayprakash Majumdar was on Saturday arrested on charges of criminal conspiracy, fraud and cheating a person.
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat will attend the RSS programme here at Central Kolkata's Brigade Parade Ground on Saturday.
The Kolkata police on Thursday told RSS that it cannot give permission for a rally on January 14 and asked them to fix an alternative date.
Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay was admitted to a jail hospital in Odisha following a court order, said an official on Friday.
Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay on Thursday sent to judicial custody for 14 days in connection with the Rose Valley chit fund scam.
A special CBI court here on Thursday rejected the bail plea of Trinamool Congress MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay and sent him to judicial custody till January 25.
BJP's West Bengal state President Dilip Ghosh on Thursday accused the state's Trinamool Congress government of doing "dirty politics" over the venue of the RSS rally in the city on January 14.
The Calcutta High Court today allowed holding of Sansad Mela at Asansol, the constituency of Union minister Babul Supriyo, on an appeal against the Trinamool Congress-run municipal body's refusal to give the go-ahead to the fair that would showcase central government's various development schemes.
Two Trinamool Congress activists, one of them the husband of a party councillor, were today killed while three others were seriously injured when miscreants opened fire at them inside the party office at Kharagpur in West Midnapore district, police said.
At least give Trinamool Congress (TMC) workers were injured when miscreants fired at them at Kharagpur in Midnapore West district on Wednesday.
At least 10 persons were left injured when a Darjeeling to Siliguri bound toy train derailed near Kurseong in the northern Bengal on Tuesday.
A fire broke at the Indian Ordnance Factory Board building here on Saturday, an official said. No injuries were reported.
Rafale is a multi-role combat aircraft built by Dassault Aviation of France.
BJP leader S Prakash said that Mamata Banerjee has chosen to attack on same demonetisation issue with new tamasha and new drama each passing day.
Pal, arrested in Kolkata on December 30 and brought to Odisha the next day.
Union minister and BJP leader Babul Supriyo on Thursday said he will file defamation suits against Trinamool Congress MPs Saugata Roy and Tapas Paul and Paul`s wife Nandini for alleging his involvement in the Rose Valley chit fund scam.
Pakistan-born Canadian author Tarek Fatah was to speak on Pakistan's atrocities in Balochistan.
Babul Supriyo also accused West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee of tampering evidence related to Saradha and Rose Valley chit-fund scam.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders of the West Bengal unit will meet Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday to lodge protest against the vandalising of its party headquarters office in the state by the Trinamool Congress (TMC) workers.
The BJP on Wednesday blamed West Bengal's ruling Trinamool Congress of misleading the nation when investigation agencies started taking action against its leaders, who were involved in the Rose Valley chit fund scam.
A day after BJP state headquarters here was attacked allegedly by Trinamool Congress supporters, BJP National General Secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya on Wednesday warned the ruling TMC to refrain from violence or be ready for consequences.
In a shocking incident, alleged Trinamool Congress (TMC) workers on Wednesday set BJP office in West Bengal's Hooghly district on fire.
Countering the allegations levelled by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee post the arrest of Kolkata Uttar MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday said it will remove `bhrashtachar-bandi` and `gunda-bandi` from the Trinamool Congress-ruled state.
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Today in History, 21st January, 2017
- Why do political leaders misuse reservation and BR Ambedkar's name as election agenda?
- Why do political leaders misuse reservation and B.R. Ambedkar's name as election agenda? Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Know the importance of moral values Part IV
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Know the importance of moral values
- DNA: Analyzing the problem of parking and traffic jams in Indian cities
- DNA: Analyzing how Sonam Wangchuk from Ladakh is changing the life of children through education
- DNA: Nonstop News
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!
- Donald Trump signs executive order against Obamacare on Day One
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself
- Xiaomi Mi6: This is what you need to know about launch, price and specs
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections: Finally, Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance sealed
- IND vs ENG, 3rd ODI, PREVIEW: Kohli & Co target clean sweep
- BJP releases list of UP star campaigners; names of Varun Gandhi, LK Advani, Vinay Katiyar missing
- Pakistan returns Indian soldier Chandu Chauhan in 'goodwill gesture'
- Rashtrapati Bhavan unhappy at President's photos appearing in Congress hoardings
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017: 'BJP would gain if Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance fails'