Three persons were seriously injured in an explosion that occurred when they were making bombs in an under-construction house of a local Trinamool Congress leader in Burdwan district on Wednesday, the police said.
West Bengal News
At least three persons were seriously injured in a blast at a construction site in Bardhaman district of West Bengal.
A fake passport racket was busted by the North 24 Parganas district police in Barasat.
The West Bengal government will recognise Kurukh and Rajbongshi/Kamtapuri languages, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced on Tuesday on the occasion of International Mother Language Day.
Partha Dey's body was found inside the bathroom of a flat on Watgunge Street where he was living for the past few months.
The Left Front and Congress members on Monday staged a walk-out in the West Bengal Assembly after Speaker refused to admit their no-confidence motion against him and adjourned the session sine die.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said she would stop the "politics of vandalism" in the state, an issue she has taken up as a "challenge".
Former Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir passed away on Sunday afternoon.
Former Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir passed away at a Kolkata hospital after suffering from prolonged illness on Sunday afternoon.
Former Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir is in a critical condition and is undergoing treatment at Kolkata's Apollo Hospital.
Three persons have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the violence at a private hospital in the southern part of the city following the death of a patient there.
A day after the creation of a new Kalimpong district in West Bengal, state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said that her government would showcase it on the lines of Darjeeling.
Despite its earlier announcement of boycotting the entire budget session, the Congress today returned to the West Bengal Assembly, but staged a walkout protesting against the eviction of Leader of Opposition Abdul Mannan by marshals from the House last week.
A group of nearly 100 men attacked the Calcutta Medical Research Institute with metal rods breaking down the front door and ransacking the reception area.
A 13-year-old girl was allegedly hacked to death by a youth after she rejected his advances at Chakchaka village in Alipurduar district
Two persons were arrested after the body of a boy, who was missing since February 8 was today found at Jahangirpur in Nadia district.
The Congress leader fell sick during the scuffle and was taken to a hospital.
Leader of Opposition in the West Bengal assembly Abdul Mannan, was shifted out of intensive care of a private hospital here on Saturday.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today said her government was against any job cut even for loss making state-owned enterprises.
Metro rail service in the city was partially disrupted for nearly two hours this morning after an AC rake was halted due to a technical snag putting commuters into trouble.
West Bengal opposition leader Abdul Mannan, who was taken ill during a scuffle with the security staff in the state assembly, was shifted to the Apollo Gleneagles Hospital on Thursday,
West Bengal's Advocate-General Jayanta Mitra on Tuesday resigned following difference of opinion with the state government.
The Supreme Court on Monday granted bail to Saradha chit fund scam accused Manoranjana Sinh.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Thursday said it has attached properties worth over Rs 60 crore here belonging to former union minister Matang Sinh in connection with the multi-crore rupee Saradha Group chit fund scam.
Mamata had earlier questioned the February 1 date for the Union Budget.
The situation in West Bengal's Bhangar, which was on the boil last week due to violent protests over the "forcible land acquisition" for a power grid project, became tense again on Thursday as villagers protested the arrest of a woman CPI-ML Red Star leader.
A man wanted in a case of trafficking of Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) has been arrested by NIA officials from West Bengal's Malda area.
A 35-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday with arms and ammunition in a special raid carried out in view of beefed-up security on Republic Day eve from Sripur village here, police said.
A woman was critically injured after she was allegedly thrown out of a running train by unidentified miscreants near Haroa station in North 24 Parganas district of West Bengal, the GRP said today.
Border Security Force personnel on Tuesday arrested two smugglers from West Bengal's Malda district for illegal possession of 3.6 kg of opium, officials said.
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- J&K: Three soldiers martyred in terror attack in Shopian
- DNA: China bars 60 lakh bank defaulters from travelling
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh