BJP MP Baker was allegedly thrashed and his car vandalised in West Bengal's Bardhaman's Kalna area on Saturday.
West Bengal News
The BJP has alleged that the goons backed by the Trinamool Congress (TMC) were behind the attack.
On Friday, former Enforcement Directorate (ED) officer Manoj Kumar was granted bail from the Bankshall Court on a furnishing of a bond of Rs.40,000 in connection with the Rose Valley scam.
The Calcutta High Court had in March ordered the CBI to conduct a preliminary probe into the Narada sting operation.
In Kolkata, the showers caused traffic snarls at important junctures. Traffic slowed down at M.G. Road crossing, Central Avenue and other parts of the city due to waterlogging.
University of Calcutta on Friday declared B.A/B.Sc./B.Com. Part-III (Honours & Major ) Examination Results 2017 on Friday.
GJM chief Bimal Gurung has been leading the protests in Darjeeling for separate statehood.
Indian Police Service PS officer SMH Mirza, whom then CBI named in the FIR with a dozen senior leaders of Trinamool Congress in the Narada sting footage case, appeared before the agency officials at Nizam Palace here on Thursday afternoon, an official said.
State Home Secretary Malay De, who chaired an all-party meeting here on the prevailing situation in the scenic hills, said the doors of the government "are open for talks to restore normalcy in there".
Ambulance services were hit and TV cable connections snapped in some areas as the GJM- sponsored indefinite shutdown in Darjeeling hills entered the eight day on Thursday.
A fresh suo moto FIR has been lodged against Gorkha Janamukti Morcha supremo Bimal Gurung, his Asha and other supporters.
Terming the West Bengal government-sponsored all party meet on June 22 to discuss the volatile situation in the north Bengal hills as "delayed and pointless", the state opposition parties have decided to stay away from it.
The West Bengal government employees in Darjeeling hills, who failed to attend to their regular duties owing to the indefinite shutdown by Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM), will face pay cut.
The petitioner in her plea said that she had suffered immense mental and physical anguish after coming to know of the abnormalities in her 21st week of pregnancy.
Arrested former Calcutta High Court judge C S Karnan was taken to a state-run hospital this evening when he complained of chest pain after he was brought from Chennai and sent to the Presidency correctional home (jail) here.
Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM), which called for an indeifinite strike demanding for a separate statehood for the Gorkhas, on Wednesday offered a 12-hour window on June 23 in Darjeeling hills to evacuate students safely to Siliguri and Rongpo.
Former Calcutta High Court Justice C S Karnan, who was arrested from a guest house in Tamil Nadu's Coimbatore yesterday by the West Bengal Police, said on Wednesday that he is fighting against the evil of corruption.
The parties, which attended yesterday's meeting, also decided not to participate in the June 22 all-party meet called by the West Bengal government to discuss the prevailing situation in the hills.
The indefinite bandh in the Darjeeling hills, which entered its sixth day, will continue until security forces are withdrawn, a GJM-sponsored all-party meeting decided on Tuesday.
Bankura recorded the state's highest rainfall since yesterday at 18 cm, while Coochbehar in north Bengal recorded 14 cm rainfall.
Effigies of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee were burnt as thousands of protesters marched on the streets of Darjeeling demanding a separate state.
Since June 8, Darjeeling has witnessed violent clashes between GJM activists and police over the demand of a separate state of Gorkhaland.
Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission President Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj was on Monday cremated with full state honours as devotees and eminent personalities paid their last respects.
The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE) declared WBSCTE Diploma Result 2017, WBSCTVESD CET Results 2017 on Tuesday.
Mamata Banerjee will address the Public Service Day of the UN on June 22 at The Hague in the Netherlands.
Mamata Banerjee accused the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha of hatching a "conspiracy to divide the state".
Security forces were on high alert and internet services remained suspended, though no incidents of violence were reported in Darjeeling hills till 9.30 am on Monday.
The police said that a library, two panchayat offices and a police vehicle were set on fire in Kalimpong in the afternoon as the indefinite shutdown call given by the GJM to press for a separate state had entered its fourth day.
Amid Darjeeling remaining on the boil over a separate statehood agitation, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday appealed to Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) protesters not to resort to violence and, instead hold dialogue with the government to resolve the issue.
As the indefinite strike called by the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha enters its seventh day in Darjeeling Hills on Sunday, protests over the demand for a separate state are set to intensify with GJM ruling out talks with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- DNA: Home BP machines giving wrong readings
- DNA: Today in History, June 24, 2017
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector, commando operation continues over 20 hours
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Sheep gives birth to 'half-human half-animal' lamb in South Africa
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions
- Jasprit Bumrah's fiery post makes Jaipur Traffic Police delete Tweet, issue clarification to Indian speedster
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch