CBI on Wednesday said that the arrest of two TMC leaders in connection with the Rose Valley ponzi scam was not related to the party's vehement opposition to demonetisation and was merely "co-incidental".
West Bengal News
South 24 Parganas` Bhangar is on the boil since last week over "forced" acquisition of 16 acres of farmland by the state government for Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.
Clashes broke out between two factions of the ruling Trinamool Congress at Bhangor today over the project land and police had to intervene to keep the situation under control.
In the Rose Valley scam case, the CBI has arrested Sudip Badyopadhyay and Tapas Pal, MPs of Trinamool Congress, which is in power in West Bengal.
A fire broke out at the Presidency University here on Monday but there were no casualties, the fire department said.
In an unfortunate incident, at least six persons died on Sunday after a stampede took place in Gangasagar Mela.
Senior West Bengal BJP leader Jayprakash Majumdar was on Saturday arrested on charges of criminal conspiracy, fraud and cheating a person.
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat will attend the RSS programme here at Central Kolkata's Brigade Parade Ground on Saturday.
The Kolkata police on Thursday told RSS that it cannot give permission for a rally on January 14 and asked them to fix an alternative date.
Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay was admitted to a jail hospital in Odisha following a court order, said an official on Friday.
Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay on Thursday sent to judicial custody for 14 days in connection with the Rose Valley chit fund scam.
A special CBI court here on Thursday rejected the bail plea of Trinamool Congress MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay and sent him to judicial custody till January 25.
BJP's West Bengal state President Dilip Ghosh on Thursday accused the state's Trinamool Congress government of doing "dirty politics" over the venue of the RSS rally in the city on January 14.
The Calcutta High Court today allowed holding of Sansad Mela at Asansol, the constituency of Union minister Babul Supriyo, on an appeal against the Trinamool Congress-run municipal body's refusal to give the go-ahead to the fair that would showcase central government's various development schemes.
Two Trinamool Congress activists, one of them the husband of a party councillor, were today killed while three others were seriously injured when miscreants opened fire at them inside the party office at Kharagpur in West Midnapore district, police said.
At least give Trinamool Congress (TMC) workers were injured when miscreants fired at them at Kharagpur in Midnapore West district on Wednesday.
At least 10 persons were left injured when a Darjeeling to Siliguri bound toy train derailed near Kurseong in the northern Bengal on Tuesday.
A fire broke at the Indian Ordnance Factory Board building here on Saturday, an official said. No injuries were reported.
Rafale is a multi-role combat aircraft built by Dassault Aviation of France.
BJP leader S Prakash said that Mamata Banerjee has chosen to attack on same demonetisation issue with new tamasha and new drama each passing day.
Pal, arrested in Kolkata on December 30 and brought to Odisha the next day.
Union minister and BJP leader Babul Supriyo on Thursday said he will file defamation suits against Trinamool Congress MPs Saugata Roy and Tapas Paul and Paul`s wife Nandini for alleging his involvement in the Rose Valley chit fund scam.
Pakistan-born Canadian author Tarek Fatah was to speak on Pakistan's atrocities in Balochistan.
Babul Supriyo also accused West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee of tampering evidence related to Saradha and Rose Valley chit-fund scam.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders of the West Bengal unit will meet Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday to lodge protest against the vandalising of its party headquarters office in the state by the Trinamool Congress (TMC) workers.
The BJP on Wednesday blamed West Bengal's ruling Trinamool Congress of misleading the nation when investigation agencies started taking action against its leaders, who were involved in the Rose Valley chit fund scam.
A day after BJP state headquarters here was attacked allegedly by Trinamool Congress supporters, BJP National General Secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya on Wednesday warned the ruling TMC to refrain from violence or be ready for consequences.
In a shocking incident, alleged Trinamool Congress (TMC) workers on Wednesday set BJP office in West Bengal's Hooghly district on fire.
Countering the allegations levelled by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee post the arrest of Kolkata Uttar MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday said it will remove `bhrashtachar-bandi` and `gunda-bandi` from the Trinamool Congress-ruled state.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee recently called nationwide protests against the Modi government after the CBI arrested Sudip Bandyopadhyay in Rose Valley Chit Fund scam.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- DNA: DIHAR produces vegetables for Army in high areas
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti? - Part II
- PM Narendra Modi makes 14 key points in his speech at Raisina Dialogue - Watch video
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- Akhilesh Yadav allotted `cycle` symbol by EC; UP CM seeks father Mulayam's blessings
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Salman Khan Acquitted in Arms Act Case Jodhpur Court—As it happened
- Good news for small traders: Withdrawal limit from current accounts doubled to Rs 1 lakh per week
- Nokia 6 to go on sale from January 19; gets over 1 million registrations